IGNORED

I Got Arrested Yesterday, Did Anyone Else?

LSN

The sergant who said to the police man who smelt my breath to take me inside the cell was not the man who arrested me. The man who read out my rights was the man on the reception desk at the police station when I was being released.(he was murmering it and even when I asked him to say it more slowly and clearly he carried on going, so didn't hear him) A lady officers signature is also on my sheet but she too was only introduced to me 5 hours later in the day!

The fact is, they detained me for 4 and a half hours, then summoned me to court. At first I thought i'ld be able to watch the seconf half, then be let out after the game, then let out of the police station uncharged, then after 3 hours I was told I was to be summoned to court.

About the badge numbers, I tried to read the names of the officers goading and harrasing us but they turned away as soon as I asked them for it. I don't thnk these policeman had numbers on them, just their names.

Thanks for the support and I will update people after thursday in court for whom is interested.

The WM police, like all police, are scum.

It's a shame that away supporters are being treated terribly by certain West Mids police. However, I would want to caution people against translating this injustice into "all police are bad". No, *those* West Midlands officers are bad.

LSN, I hope you and the others will be able to get this whole mess sorted out...and in your favour!

.....Kelly :whistle:

The sergant who said to the police man who smelt my breath to take me inside the cell was not the man who arrested me. The man who read out my rights was the man on the reception desk at the police station when I was being released.(he was murmering it and even when I asked him to say it more slowly and clearly he carried on going, so didn't hear him) A lady officers signature is also on my sheet but she too was only introduced to me 5 hours later in the day!

The fact is, they detained me for 4 and a half hours, then summoned me to court. At first I thought i'ld be able to watch the seconf half, then be let out after the game, then let out of the police station uncharged, then after 3 hours I was told I was to be summoned to court.

About the badge numbers, I tried to read the names of the officers goading and harrasing us but they turned away as soon as I asked them for it. I don't thnk these policeman had numbers on them, just their names.

Thanks for the support and I will update people after thursday in court for whom is interested.

LSN - good luck on Thursday, my thoughts are with you. I travel to away games often and have a drink (only one) before a game and can picture myself in your situation.

Can I also say that I am totally shocked by this thread.

In the last 4 years of being a season ticket holder and following City to selected away games, I have never heard of anything like this before as it harks back to the 70's!

Both the behaviour of fans and police at the games we have been have been superb. Although we avoid Cardiff, Most games have been a family atmosphere, and we have happily interningled with supporters on all occasions.

In recent years, I am glad to report that, beside an incident where desparate home fan had managed to get a ticket in the away section at Brighton and celebrated a goal (for which there is no excuse for what happended afterwards by the mindless moron), my Son and I have not seen any violence at any football game, nor any mistreatment by the police. And that's the way it should be! After Brighton, we didn't go to an away game for a year - and to explain that to a young one is difficult!

It sounds from above, that people were arrested that had kids with them. And if I have read that correctly, that 'aint right! And I could picture myself in that situation.

Again,

Good luck Thursday! If we ever meet, remind me never to go to Walsall! And that is sad; very sad! Good luck my friend.

Wurzel Bill

It's a shame that away supporters are being treated terribly by certain West Mids police. However, I would want to caution people against translating this injustice into "all police are bad".  No, *those* West Midlands officers are bad. 

LSN, I hope you and the others will be able to get this whole mess sorted out...and in your favour!

.....Kelly :whistle:

yeah i agree with that, i have found the police at ashton

gate to be very good even though they sit by us from time

to time and film us in the E-block, some have felt intimidated

by their presents but they are not as yet been hostile

they even share a joke with us, after walsall i will be

glad to see a avon & somerset copper this saturday :whistle:

Guest scroobscurtis

LSN yes I was also arrested, call me, and who is your solicitor, unfortunately I am in London so I'm trying to conduct this from 120 miles away - give me a call 020 7787 9165 urgently.

In court many people ask for other offences to be considered, or point out their previous good behaviour.

Just a suggestion; all who have a clean record mention this. As for previous convictions; look at the record of the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad. Remember such cases as "You're Irish, so you must have planted the bombs" and a whole string of similar cases.

Archived