IGNORED

I Don't Understand

Port Said Red

Talk to the hand

It seems strange to me that if there had been some real trouble at the ground on Saturday and the City fans had been responsible, we would have been perceived as "representing the club" and they could potentially be fined or have points deducted on that premise.

Yet when there appears to be strong reasons to investigate a series of complaints against those in authority, the club seem to be keen to disown them all.

I never felt it was practical for the club to take up every cause, but it wouldn't be too much to ask for them to collate all the information posted on here and ask for specific responses. Just writing to the police and asking them if they would like to comment and telling the fans involved that they are basically on their own, seems an abdication of responsibility to me.

I am sure the police will make all the right noises and blame the fans involved as usual.

It what way are the club responsible for their away support?

Responsible at AG for sure but not at away games.

The club writing to the West Midlands police is about as far as any club would go.

It's upto individual fans to take responsibilty and make their own minds up about what action they want to take regarding the events on Saturday at the Bescot.Its not upto the club.

The club writing to the West Midlands police is about as far as any club would go.

Agree, the fact the club is prepared to bring the matter up on behalf of supporters is good, they can do no more.

That said, the chances of anyone actually being brought to account are slightly lower than the chances of hell freezing over and Zidane signing for the Rovers :whistle:

It what way are the club responsible for their away support?

I think I may have been a bit harsh in my original post, the point I was trying to get across (rather clumsily admittedly) was that if we were to go there and cause trouble the Club would usually be the ones that would suffer. If, as a result of the police actions on Saturday some of the fans had reacted badly the club would be in danger of being censured now. In that instance they would be very keen to accumulate the posts on here to use as a defence, it just seemed to me on first reading that because nothing that happened has affected the club, they seem less interested.

Having re-read the report and some of the other posts, I have mellowe my position a little, but I will be interested as to how they report the police "findings".

Archived