IGNORED

Danny Coles To Reading?

cidernuta

Just checked a transfer rumour site which has the following rumour on:

'Reading FC look set to make a club record bid of £900,000 for Bristol City defender Danny Coles as Reading and Wales international Adie Williams will soon sign a 2 and a half year contract with the Ashton Gate club in return.'

http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

don't know how true this is about Danny going to Reading, but I reckon that this would be good business for the club. What are your opinions?

Cidernuta.

Guest Champagne Football

Yes please! But come off it, apparently Celtic are going to make £10MILLION for Robbie Keane? The word dodgy is in the link for a reason! I hope it is true though and they seem to have got the Gary Megson thing right as Sir Bobby Robson is one of the favourites to take over.

In my opinion if we received another £500k offer for Coles it should seriously be considered. Although Coles is undoubtedly a good player, I have come to the conclusion that he is not near the standard that some people think he is.

I don't see the point of signing a 33 year old defender and letting Coles go at the same time even if its for £900k

Surely the point of signing a new and better defender is to strengthen the side.To sell Coles would only weaken it regardless of who came in.

Readin fans I know have been saying this for a few weeks now, but haven't heard anything official on it. Apparently they're interested in him and some young'un from Chelsea who's also a defender.

Hope he doesn't go, but if he did, he'll probably come back just like someone else we all know.... :city::P

I can confirm that a Reading Scout was at the game on Saturday but I don't know who he was watching.

£900k would buy us the players we need to get out of this division and establish ourselves in the one above, before pushing on so, if it's close to a straight £900k deal-not £100k now-£300k when he plays for England-so much a goal, then I say, do it :city:

I don't see the point of signing a 33 year old defender and letting Coles go at the same time even if its for £900k

Surely the point of signing a new and better defender is to strengthen the side.To sell Coles would only weaken it regardless of who came in.

I say take the £900k and bring in some quality.Williams would be OK as stop gap to get us up and perhaps do one more season to establish ourselves.

I say take the £900k and bring in some quality.Williams would be OK as stop gap to get us up and perhaps do one more season to establish ourselves.

For 900k we could easily afford Nelson as a replacement for Coles, still have some money left over with which to bring in another more experienced centre back, be that Williams or not.

:city:

Yeh but look at this then wait until the end of the season and if we have not got promoted then yeh sell him but if we have got promoted try and keep coles for another season then once he has proved hisself at that level we could have offers upto 3 million coming in for him because at the minute he is one of the best defenders in the championship and league 1.

spurs are interested in sighing back clayton fortune (bristol.c.) for a price around about the 1 million pound mark

Poor grammar and just so so ridiculous, forget that ludicrous website :city:

Arsenal to buy Adriano for 12 million in January <-- Adriano is worth a hell of a lot more than 12 Million.

I heard man utd are tracking youngsters verza, arzo and contiquinho <--- Must be true then :ph34r:

Bobby Xamora will join Cardiff City on a 3month loan deal on Monday. <--- Who's that?

spurs are interested in sighing back clayton fortune (bristol.c.) for a price around about the 1 million pound mark

Poor grammar and just so so ridiculous, forget that ludicrous website  :city:

Arsenal to buy Adriano for 12 million in January <-- Adriano is worth a hell of a lot more than 12 Million.

I heard man utd are tracking youngsters verza, arzo and contiquinho  <--- Must be true then  :ph34r:

Bobby Xamora will join Cardiff City on a 3month loan deal on Monday.  <--- Who's that?

everton been linked with a move for morientes in january along with scoot parker and roobie savage. Gary naysmith to rangers part exchange for michael ball <--- Disgraceful spelling.

Archived