IGNORED

Walsall

Dave L

Am impressed by the last bit by Jim, proof that not all police are like those we witnessed on Saturday. What i find hard to fathom is that the West Midland force was this poor at least 15 years ago, can't be the same people in charge surely!

Great show of solidarity and heres to a proper outcome tomorrow!!!

Scoot :city:

Am impressed by the last bit by Jim, proof that not all police are like those we witnessed on Saturday. What i find hard to fathom is that the West Midland force was this poor at least 15 years ago, can't be the same people in charge surely!

Great show of solidarity and heres to a proper outcome tomorrow!!!

Scoot :city:

15 years indeed; these rivalries sure run deep. I'll still be here in 2019 banging on about the injustices of the West Midlands policing....and City will still be playing 3rd grade footy.

Oh, great report by the way Dave L. Really well put together. Can you distribute it to all the Rivals sites? I'm sure it would generate a lot of interest, which can only be a good thing.

I'm on the case of posting this on all relevant Rivals sites as well as all those clubs in the West Midlands. However, my first jub is to get the story to as many media sites as possible as well as to media contacts including The Birmingham Post (equivalent of WDP) and Birmingham Evening Mail etc etc.

Brillaint story Dave, so very pleased you volunteered your unique skills.

Guest scroobscurtis
I'm on the case of posting this on all relevant Rivals sites as well as all those clubs in the West Midlands. However, my first jub is to get the story to as many media sites as possible as well as to media contacts including The Birmingham Post (equivalent of WDP) and Birmingham Evening Mail etc etc.

Brillaint story Dave, so very pleased you volunteered your unique skills.

Hello Cheshire,

The WDP have been speaking with me today, but because I was unable to contact my solicitor I wasn't happy to go ahead with the interview (looking at it from a legal point of view) - but I sure did want too - but they are very interested, and by this time tomorrow I'm hoping they will have the story.

I think the crucial bit comes tomorrow and once I (and others plead not guilty that's when I will start talking to the press (as advised by solicitor).

Guest LeicesterRed

Best of luck lads. I really do hope you`ll be ok.

Any help or advice, you know where I am.

Thanks for your comments Scootered. We ain`t all the same, I`m pleased to say

Jim

I'd just like to add my thanks to Leicester Red for coming forward.

It would have been very easy for someone in your position to choose not to come forward, and you are a credit to both yourself and the uniform you wear for deciding to speak out.

Thank you.

Good work Dave, Cheshire Red, and all others involved in this.

Best of luck to those in court tomorrow.

This whole thing has made me glad that I decided to stay home on Saturday, and quite worried about following the City away again. The idea of being treated like that horrifies and disgusts me. It simply should not happen.

Guest speedy__robin

Just want to say having read that article that first I am shocked at the fact that this sort of stuff has to be brought up after city's excellent win last weekend and so takes off some of the gloss off of things. Secondly having known Luke for about 4years now I know he would never cause trouble or speak out of turn to a police officer. He loves Bristol City and I feel very sorry for him that he made the trip up to Walsall only to have a couple of drinks and get arrested cus he had slight hint of alcohol on his breath and for this reason getting arrested!! I wonder how many of the home fans who had been drinking got arrested as they tried to enter the ground? Not many I bet! Good luck for tommorow mate and hopefully see you down the Gate on Saturday for the Colchester match :city:

Adam Smith

Many thanks to the many people who got in touch with me yesterday to give me their eye witness acounts of what happened at Walsall. Sorry I wasn't able to use everyone's submissions, but there was one common thread which ran through everybody's accounts: nothing happened! There was no trouble outside or inside the ground other than that which was stirred up by the unprofessional attitude of a handful of Police Officers. Particular thanks to Jim Walton for demonstrating that there is another side to that coin. The vast majority of Police Officers are decent, honest people who deserve our support.

I'm also starting to piece together an account of some of the disgraceful things that went on once the game had started. If anyone saw anything of interest that they would like me to include, please pm me.

In the meantime, best of luck to Scroobs, LSN, and any other innocent victim of overbearing Policing. It could have been any of us having to trek up to Walsall again today to try and prove our innocence. I hope and trust that the magistrates will have the common sense to kick out the charges against them.

Guest scroobscurtis
Many thanks to the many people who got in touch with me yesterday to give me their eye witness acounts of what happened at Walsall. Sorry I wasn't able to use everyone's submissions, but there was one common thread which ran through everybody's accounts: nothing happened! There was no trouble outside or inside the ground other than that which was stirred up by the unprofessional attitude of a handful of Police Officers. Particular thanks to Jim Walton for demonstrating that there is another side to that coin. The vast majority of Police Officers are decent, honest people who deserve our support.

I'm also starting to piece together an account of some of the disgraceful things that went on once the game had started. If anyone saw anything of interest that they would like me to include, please pm me.

In the meantime, best of luck to Scroobs, LSN, and any other innocent victim of overbearing Policing. It could have been any of us having to trek up to Walsall again today to try and prove our innocence.  I hope and trust that the magistrates will have the common sense to kick out the charges against them.

Thanks for everything Dave, the report was superb.

I'm just waiting to leave my home in London to catch the 10:06 from Euston to Birmingham New Street - I am planning to arrive at the courts very early, the case is not heard until 2pm but we will all have to see the duty solicitor just to outline exactly what happened

- I will keep you very much updated on events today, I assume I'd be back home 7pm at the very latest.

Finally thanks to everyone who has lent there support over the last few day, it's been quite unbelievable and I can't stress how much this has meant to me and I'm sure the others.

My appreciation goes out to you all - the commaderie on this board has been magnificent.

Take care,

Stephen.

Good report Dave, it really does make my blood boil the way these

normal, football loving City fans have been victimised by Policemen

who are drunk on their own power.

A special thanks to Jim, though, for coming forward and proving that

most coppers are decent people. It's a shame that these minority

(mainly always the West Mids Police!!) give the whole Police force

a bad name.

Late last night I emailed this story to the Chief Constable of West Midlands Police. I used a professional email address and have already received the following response:

Dear Mr Lock

The Chief Constable acknowledges receipt of your email dated 27/10/04 and he

has asked me to respond on his behalf.

The concerns you raised in your email require further enquiries to be

conducted by the local Operational Command Unit (OCU) before a substantive

response can be made.

I have, therefore, forwarded your letter to Chief Superintendent Jewkes at

Walsall (H1) Operational Command Unit, and you will be contacted again in due

course.

Regards

Matthew Ward

Chief Inspector

Staff Officer to the Chief Constable

West Midlands Police HQ

Email: m.ward@west-midlands.police.uk

I had already sent to CS Jewkes so let's see what happens now.

RESULT!!

Just received this from Sheffield Wednesday with regard to problems at the bescot. This article is so similar...........

LINK: http://www.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=894&p=2&stid=8278865

Similar, it's almost identical! :city: What the hell is going on ??? I find it both reassuring, that our fans weren't the only victims, and worrying , how can this happen, at the same time? Good luck today all concerned today.

This was going to be one of my rare away games, but as the person I go with was on holiday I didn't bother.

I was there during the playoff games and witnessed sights that I've never forgotten and was caught between charging police horses and dogs. Saw many people bitten, it looked more like a war zone than a football match. The police had moved our official coaches and people were just wandering round searching for them. I dared to ask a policeman and he lunged at me, Mr RedM dragged me out of the way just in time!

I am shocked and horrified that innocent fans are treated like this and support you all fully. Like people have said it could have been anyone of us. This HAS to be stopped now.

RESULT!!

Just received this from Sheffield Wednesday with regard to problems at the bescot. This article is so similar...........

LINK: http://www.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=894&p=2&stid=8278865

While the circumstances seem similar I would say that they are very different.

The report Dave L has produced is a well written article with some very serious points being made about people who have not consumed much alcohol. The shef wednesday report is quite tongue in cheek about someone falling over their own feet.

To be honest I am very glad no one has written an article like the shef wed one and everyone has taken this seriously.

Archived