IGNORED

Can You Remember.......

mrevans

Mine was during the early 80's when we plummeted down the divisions in double quick time.

We were playing York, who at that time were top of the old 4th Division, there was a 10,000+ crowd and we won 1-0 ( I can't remember the scorer). We ended up getting promoted come May.

Apart from winning what sticks out vividly was the atmosphere, particularly in the East end. Got me thinking. Maybe they ought to take the seats out and give it back to the home fans.

Can you remember your first time...?

A tuesday night september in 1991, played plymouth went 1-0 up, the chief, then mark aizlewood got sent off (forget what for). In second half nicky morgan tapped in from a wayne allison head on.

You could say i was hooked from then on.

Just a thought but what if footy didnt exist!

Mine was in the East End 68/69 Birm;

Now talking about the EAST END wouldn`t it be a nice GESTURE if it could be opened for a couple of games over xmas ;) ie Luton,Hartlepool :whistle: could call it a season of goodwill present :grr: wouldnt cost that much either and big crowds always over that period.

(more than a weeks notice would be good) ;):me?:

Mid 70s reserve game against Notts County - stood in the open end. Was so young that for a while I thought the difference between a normal league match and a reserve match was that they sold refreshments at the reserve games! Obviously my Dad didn't want to queue up at normal games with all the other fans... so we were only treated to bovil/soup at the quieter games (some Gas heads might not always be able to tell the difference!!!!)

Guest ErringtonKelly

My first 'visit' was a cup game in the late 80's I think. You beat us 2-1 and we had a goal disallowed in the last minute. Think you then beat Chelsea in the next round?

Jan 1990 mate. I remember Julian "Ears" Wilson getting some terrible stick from the City fans! Chelsea in the next round, 3-1, two goals from Robbie Turner and one from Mark Gavin. Oh yes, memories!!

Guest ErringtonKelly

"

A tuesday night september in 1991, played plymouth went 1-0 up, the chief, then mark aizlewood got sent off (forget what for)."

An attempted head butt. He didn't connect, but the intent was there!

Mine was in 1984 I think

The old 4th division versus Hereford United.

At the time I was a 14 year old so called "Liverpool fan" .I went to Ashton Gate for the first time with a mate.I remember it was a very cold night,very drizzly and around four and a half thousand were there.There I was stood in the eastend then suddenly I OWE CITY , CITY I OWE or something similar.It was awesome.The first time I'd ever heard a collection of people singing and chanting in the flesh.It was loud.Those thousand or so in that enclosure back then certainly put the whole of Ashton Gate today to shame .The hairs on my neck stood up and from then on that was it.Standing amongst 4500 odd people singing and chanting was far better than watching a team on the telly. :whistle:

My earliest memory was City v Blackpool in the 1950s. Stanley Matthews played and it was FA Cup. I sure we drew and had to replay at Blackpool.

I vaguely remember sitting on the track side of the pitch, as my Dad had a fried who was on the turnstiles, and in those days they were allowed to sit alongside the pitch, also the bus drivers and conductors ) anyone remember them?

Attendance was 42,000+

Those were the days

Can't remember my 1st game but my 1st memory was about 1959 standing in the old open end by the front railings, I was about 7 we played huddersfield. City lost 2-3. On the way out my old man said 'Thats it were sure to go down now'. That was from div 1.

Jan 1990 mate. I remember Julian "Ears" Wilson getting some terrible stick from the City fans! Chelsea in the next round, 3-1, two goals from Robbie Turner and one from Mark Gavin. Oh yes, memories!!

And a vintage performance from Ronnie Sinclair between the sticks, including one save to his left where he nearly broke himself in two on the upright. The most light-weight goalie ever?

Kevin Wilson got their goal. I remember the game like it was yesterday, esp getting coined by the Chelsea scum who were held back in the old open-end after the game. Oh they were the days... :whistle::me?:

Guest Southampton Red

My First Game was a friendly v Saints August 1966, just missed John Ateyo my saddest regret, City lost 2-5. My Dad was an ardent Saints supporter, still is poor man. As for me, 38 years later City through and through, Thank you Dad!!

I have experienced highs and many lows but could not even think of Glory Hunting thats sadly for kids of today. If only they could have experienced the huge gates, especially my first Bristol derby match 40,000 plus 0 - 0 draw but left the ground with noise ringing in my ears, such distant memories. Fred Ford was manager and Chris Garland about to make his name. I lived in Whitchurch and when I walked home up Whitchurch lane a car stopped and Gerry Sharp gave me a lift to the top of the road, wonder if that would happen today? I think not, I was about 11 I think and it was safe to walk as well.

I remember my first match very well, I think it was in the early 90's in the old 1st division or coca cola championship as it is now known.....

It was a home game against Swansea and in the very last minute the old legend known as David Seal popped up with a winner. Fell off my seat in the atyeo...

ahhhh the memories....

not been to many,all but one have been away

first game was the win at anfield,i was actually in the kop that night,as i travelled up from PB with my boss,his wife,a workmate,and his GF

they are all liverpool fans,and they were at that time my 2nd team ,behind PB,but within a few seasons,city became no 2

only ashton gate match was 2-2 vs oldham, a few years ago,i think bell scored last minute equaliser

my first league game was away at peterborough (not far for me to go)and i stood in away end for the 1st time(i think it was 2-0 to city)

only other city games ive done are notts county 2-1,chesterfield 1-1,s wed 0-1(all last year) and brentford 0-1(night match,terrible ref)

Archived