IGNORED

Leroy Lita

...or something?

He is no good what so ever. Nobody on here seems to notice how clueless he is? It is basic football that if Brooker comes short to win a flick on or hold the ball up and lay it off, Lita should be makeing the through runs. Why does he constantly insist on coming short and asking for the ball to feet? He should be on the last defender, looking for the through ball. To many times this season we get the ball in the oppositions third and people are looking to give a simple through ball, but Lita either stands still or comes towards the man with the ball?!

He hasn't got a clue how to play his role, he goes to ground to easy, he doesn't have that much pace, he cannot finish in one on one situations, his touch is abisimal, but he does give 100% effort which i cannot fault him on.

I know he's scored goals and for that i give him credit, but watching him play is so very painful, especially when we have players in the squad who think on a higher footballing level and know what they're doing.

Let the senseless praising of Lita's abililty, and the woefully narrow minded knocking of 054123 begin.....

Oh yeah, why do people praise his ball winning ability in air? City do not play long ball like they used to, why he is coming short and attacking these balls? It's not his job. He could well be a fantastic centre back but i don't want him suring up our defence for 90 minutes.

...or something?

He is no good what so ever. Nobody on here seems to notice how clueless he is? It is basic football that if Brooker comes short to win a flick on or hold the ball up and lay it off, Lita should be makeing the through runs. Why does he constantly insist on coming short and asking for the ball to feet? He should be on the last defender, looking for the through ball. To many times this season we get the ball in the oppositions third and people are looking to give a simple through ball, but Lita either stands still or comes towards the man with the ball?!

He hasn't got a clue how to play his role, he goes to ground to easy, he doesn't have that much pace, he cannot finish in one on one situations, his touch is abisimal, but he does give 100% effort which i cannot fault him on.

I know he's scored goals and for that i give him credit, but watching him play is so very painful, especially when we have players in the squad who think on a higher footballing level and know what they're doing.

Let the senseless praising of Lita's abililty, and the woefully narrow minded knocking of 054123 begin.....

Oh yeah, why do people praise his ball winning ability in air? City do not play long ball like they used to, why he is coming short and attacking these balls? It's not his job. He could well be a fantastic centre back but i don't want him suring up our defence for 90 minutes.

Whatever!

Whilst he is far from the finished article, I think you're going a bit OTT. He has after all scored 11 in all competitions so far for us this season.

I'm not the biggest Leroy fan and think that he is slightly over-rated by a lot of supporters. I personally think that Brooker/Heffernan combination would be very effective (even Brooker/Gillespie), but as long as Lita's scoring goals then he can't be dropped, and I couldn't really give a monkies.

Are you being serious? Can you not appreciate how poor he is?

Yeah I'm seriously bored of people knocking our top scorer.

Could we not turn this around and say that players aren't playing to his strengths?

Also a lot of this season he has been playing the role where he is meant to come and collect the ball to create the space for players like heffernan and roberts. Maybe he just needs a bit of time, coaching and encouragement to adjust his play.

Whilst he is far from the finished article, I think you're going a bit OTT. He has after all scored 11 in all competitions so far for us this season.

I'm not the biggest Leroy fan and think that he is slightly over-rated by a lot of supporters. I personally think that Brooker/Heffernan combination would be very effective (even Brooker/Gillespie), but as long as Lita's scoring goals then he can't be dropped, and I couldn't really give a monkies.

I know, it eats me up inside!

He might get better in the future but at the moment, everything i've said is true. I fully appreciate the logic that he can't be dropped as he is scoring gaols, but i'm a firm believer that if Heffernan or Gillespie would have played as regularly, they would have the same record, if not better. Leroy is nothing special and neither are the goals he's scored.

...or something?

I think lita is over rated as you probably know from the amount of abuse i get from swindon hater and other forum users who disagree.I agree with you about his finnishing in one on one situations , he needs to work on it in training. Your being a bit harsh on him though , he has scored goals this season , yes his overall game is poor , but he may improve. In my opinion (and as you say) we have quality players at this level on the bench in gillespie , heffernan , and probably cotteril. Who all deserve to be given a chance. Lita's game HAS improved since he first started playing , but when he used to come on when wilson was in charge he used to give his all and look like he cared , recently he has become to relaxed and he looks like he has lost the hunger for goals that he had just a few weeks ago. His attitude seems to be that he doesnt need to run for flick ons from brooker. It was in evident yesterday. Maybe he needs to be put on the bench to regain some of the hunger that he was showing at the start of the season , and to give another striker a chance to make an impression. :whistle:

As long as he scoring goals then that is all that matters! He's alright on the rest of the field as well. Scoring goals is his job, and he does it! also, it is very obvious that he wants to score, and that's very good! :whistle:

Yes but when he's not scoring goals (like at the moment) he does virtually nothing else because he doesnt have a very good alround game. Thats why i think gillespie , heffernan or cotteril (who looked quality when he came on) should get a start.

I'm sorry mate but your talking out of your ring. Whatever the pros and cons of his tenchnique he is a good striker, who does what he is paid to - score goals. He is still I think the leagues top scorere so must be something right.

You are doing the usual City fan trick of complaining that our players are not 100% footballing genius, of course they aren't or they wouldn't be playing for us !

Could we not turn this around and say that players aren't playing to his strengths?

That would be nearer my view.

His 9 league goals have come at just over 4 shots each - that is in clinical territory - and given finishing like that it surely makes sense for the team to create the openings for him instead of shooting from 25 yards?

Similar thoughts about Brooker - in 450 mins play has he had more than one cross into the box to get on the end of? (NB - the one he did get was against Hull and look what he did to it)

I'm sorry mate but your talking out of your ring.  Whatever the pros and cons of his tenchnique he is a good striker, who does what he is paid to - score goals. He is still I think the leagues top scorere so must be something right. 

You are doing the usual City fan trick of complaining that our players are not 100% footballing genius, of course they aren't or they wouldn't be playing for us !

He's crap. Simple. I'm not asking for a genius, merely pointing out how poor he is at playing football. If he didn't score goals i would label him completely useless. As i said his goals haven't been anything special, certainly nothing that anyone else on the bench wouldn't have done.

He's crap. Simple. I'm not asking for a genius, merely pointing out how poor he is at playing football. If he didn't score goals i would label him completely useless. As i said his goals haven't been anything special, certainly nothing that anyone else on the bench wouldn't have done.

Whatever!

I remember Andy Cole for City and what a terrible first touch he had and the ball would bounce off him at all angles. But he couldn't stop scoring and look where he ended up. I'm not saying that Lita could be as good, but you never know..

Lita will get better as the season wears on, and that means more goals. Sure, he looks out of it for a lot of the game - but so did/do Lineker, Owen, Coles etc etc.  They're all paid to score goals and thats what they do by and large.

Same for Shaun Goater, who has always been cumbersome. But everyone accepted that the big man was was pretty crap, but couldn't help score goals. I loved Shaun Goater, his goal up at Watford with 5,000 city fans going mad is one of my best ever memories. My point is simply that Lita is also poor, but no one seems to acknowledge this?

I'm sorry mate but your talking out of your ring.  Whatever the pros and cons of his tenchnique he is a good striker, who does what he is paid to - score goals. He is still I think the leagues top scorere so must be something right. 

Comming from the person who thought Heffernan should have came on yesterday? :whistle:

Yes he scores goals, his other contribution to the team is somewhat iffy.

Does this make Leroy undroppable?

Nobody on here seems to notice how clueless he is?

I disagree.

I think alot of people on here know how clueless he is. He is, in fact, the new Roberts, the new Peacock. The player the forum needs to keep lively debate going.

He is a pretty rotten footballer, however he has the knack of getting in there and scoring goals. This does not make him a good player, but should mean the opposition defence mark him tightly allowing our midfielders to attack the box and score.

If someone would tell them to.

I agree with everything you say. I know he has scored a few goals, but I believe that the team would have scored more without him.Of course we will never know,but despite his miss, Gillespie contributed more in ten minutes than Lita did in the entire match.

Now,don't be offensive just because people a different view to yours. :whistle:

Guest LeicesterRed
I'm sorry mate but your talking out of your ring. 

This has to be the best quote I`ve read in a long, long time. It has cheered me up no end.

:whistle:

I agree with everything you say. I know he has scored a few goals, but I believe that the team would have scored more without him.Of course we will never know,but despite his miss, Gillespie contributed more in ten minutes than Lita did in the entire match.

Now,don't be offensive just because people a different view to yours. :whistle:

I've said that somewhere else, 3 chances in 15 minutes compared to 1 in 90 for Lita.

... I believe that the team would have scored more without him. Of course we will never know ...

There must be some evidence for that somewhere ... ?

Leroy Lita - 38 shots, 9 goals = 4.2 s/g (stands comparisson with most strikers)

Rest of Team - 185 shots, 17 goals = 10.9 s/g (worse than Stockport!)

There must be some evidence for that somewhere ... ?

Leroy Lita - 38 shots, 9 goals = 4.2 s/g (stands comparisson with most strikers)

Rest of Team - 185 shots, 17 goals = 10.9 s/g (worse than Stockport!)

Come on! That's a bit unfair. That does include Roberts' 100 mph over the stand efforts.

Meeeeoooowwwww :whistle:

The thing is no-one has mentioned the fact that he's only 19 years old, and can only get better, and that's pretty scary!

He's got alot to learn yet, and he's still the leagues top goalscorer.

Very true swindon hater , and i "the worst forum poster" also pointed that out. :P

He's not top scorer anymore , i think james hayter has scored 11 in the league.

The thing is no-one has mentioned the fact that he's only 19 years old, and can only get better, and that's pretty scary!

Yes they did

:whistle:

...or something?

That's a useless number. You don't need that leading zero. It might be prime but is it any good? It's pointless.

I'll get me coat. :whistle:

PS Agree with everything you say about Lita.

Interesting lack of dissenters. Personally think that if we're to make the argument that he's an out and out goalscorer and therefore doesn't need to contribute anything else to the team then it's in his best interest when two yards out with only the keeper to beat in the last minute of stoppage time that perhaps he should try and score next time.

Archived