IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Interesting lack of dissenters. Personally think that if we're to make the argument that he's an out and out goalscorer and therefore doesn't need to contribute anything else to the team then it's in his best interest when two yards out with only the keeper to beat in the last minute of stoppage time that perhaps he should try and score next time.

Exactly, and the other point about Lita's scoring......he has scored in one game out of the last 6...Walsall.

Interesting lack of dissenters. Personally think that if we're to make the argument that he's an out and out goalscorer and therefore doesn't need to contribute anything else to the team then it's in his best interest when two yards out with only the keeper to beat in the last minute of stoppage time that perhaps he should try and score next time.

How pathetic. So what you are saying is that Lita did not try to score. Didn't Lita's shot get blocked or am I going blind?

What should this so called superstar Gillespie do then, when 6 yards out with an open goal and the keeper flat out on the floor?

Presumably, Lita did not try and should have scored whereas Gillespie tried his best but a combination of terrible luck and bad refereeing denied him did it?

Exactly, and the other point about Lita's scoring......he has scored in one game out of the last 6...Walsall.

I'd be interested to know what would you consider to be a fair contribution from a team's main finisher? ... choose your own units of measurement ... goals per season / mins per goal / appearances per goal ... ?

Oh dear look he's only gone and scored another two goals.

Drop him!

Wow, 4 yards and 2 yard out blockbusters! Even Clayton would have scored them. Please, if that's your only counter arguement then lets not go there.

I'm not asking him to be dropped cos he isnt doing the business, but is there a point in playing him for the majority of a game when the league is far more important?

Clayton might of, but your hero Jilly wouldn't have.  :grr:

Anyone would have. Maybe not Ronnie Rosenthal, he may have still been able to hit the bar or the post from there :D

Jilly had a mare. I do seriously think he tried too hard.

Judos (Edit - meant Kudos :grr: ) to Leroy for getting into the position for his goals, slightly concerning though the walk back to the dressing room. Was he injured? Did he take a knock? In a pointless Cup competition........ :whistle:

Wow, 4 yards and 2 yard out blockbusters! Even Clayton would have scored them. Please, if that's your only counter arguement then lets not go there.

I'm not asking him to be dropped cos he isnt doing the business, but is there a point in playing him for the majority of a game when the league is far more important?

I think I'm correct in saying that Ruud Nan Nistelrooy 100 + goals for Man Utd have all come from inside the box, cant seem to remember Andy Cole or Gary Lineker scoring many if any from outside the box. Its about movement and having a eye for a goal :whistle:

I think I'm correct in saying that Ruud Nan Nistelrooy 100 + goals for Man Utd have all come from inside the box, cant seem to remember Andy Cole or Gary Lineker scoring many if any from outside the box. Its about movement and having a eye for a goal  :whistle:

See my post after that sir.

As other people have said, you're being over-critical (and do we really need to have this debate AGAIN ?)

It seems that every week we're criticising our top scorer, take a step back for a minute and you'll realise how absurd that is !

Of course he's not the finished article, i don't think anyone on this forum has ever said he was. But he very obviously has a knack for scoring goals and he deserves our support for doing that.

And to follow up someone elses point, yes we COULD criticise any player in the way youve just attacked Lita. Just to prove it, pick any one you like and I'll totally write them off...

(but what good do you think you are doing by pointing this out ?)

As other people have said, you're being over-critical (and do we really need to have this debate AGAIN ?)

It seems that every week we're criticising our top scorer, take a step back for a minute and you'll realise how absurd that is !

Of course he's not the finished article, i don't think anyone on this forum has ever said he was.  But he very obviously has a knack for scoring goals and he deserves our support for doing that.

And to follow up someone elses point, yes we COULD criticise any player in the way youve just attacked Lita.  Just to prove it, pick any one you like and I'll totally write them off...

(but what good do you think you are doing by pointing this out ?)

"Oh dear look he's only gone and scored another two goals.

Drop him!"

My point was in reply to this sarcastic post :grr:

I even followed up with:

Judos (Edit - meant Kudos  ) to Leroy for getting into the position for his goals, slightly concerning though the walk back to the dressing room. Was he injured? Did he take a knock? In a pointless Cup competition........

A) I havent attacked Leroy

B) Nor have I criticised him

C) He scored two goals and got into good positions tonight

D) This is a mickey mouse cup competition when we should be focusing on the league

E) Leroy came off and went down the tunnel with a limp

F) Following from this has he injured himself playing in a game which he really wasnt needed in, unless you consider the LDV to be the only thing we have going for us this season :whistle:

G) Did I applaud him when he was taken off? Damn right.

H) Did I chant his name with everyone else? Damn right.

(what comes after H) Did I clap him down the tunnel? Hell yes.

(What comes after the one after H) Am I concerned he has injured himself when we have a few games in a short space coming up? Yep.

K) Did he really have to start tonight? Not in my opinion no.

L) If things don't go our own way in these games if Leroy doesn't make them will people say it's cos we don't have our top scorer? I think it will be uttered once or twice by people.

M) Heffernan is still not match fit, Miller is suffering from illness, Could we not have played Gillespie and Cotterill tonight knowing we could then have a fresher partnership of Brooker and Lita on Saturday when things count?

N) Don't need a N cos the A to M were so great.

Thanks for reading. Take care of yourself. And each other.

when i read about and hear people critiscise lita, our TOP SCORER (yes i know i am shouting) with 13 goals, i really do think that some city fans need to look at themselves and question their personal sanity

You are all talking rubbish. Millen, a coach who achieved top grades while qualifying as a coach, and is an experienced pro praises leroy, and says he can go as far as he wants to.

13 goals, gives 100%, only 19, tires defenders out, can score with both feet, scores once in every 4 shots and can head them in too.

I am beginning to think that some of the anti-leroy posts are either gasheads in disguise or people who are too stubborn to admit they are fundamentally wrong- Bloke CDP in particlular

Guest monster red
He is no good what so ever. Nobody on here seems to notice how clueless he is?

Who's clueless? :P let me make this really simple for you, Lita is a striker and so far has scored 13 goals!! The problem is what? :grr:

He hasn't got a clue how to play his role
:grr:

As above, for player who dosnt have a clue he doing a pretty good job ,again look at the facts ,13 goals to date! :whistle:

Let the senseless praising of Lita's abililty, and the woefully narrow minded knocking of 054123 begin.....
:D

I don't see how prasing a 19 year old who has scored , yes i'll say it again, 13 goals as senseless as its based on fact.

It's really simple for me, ever since we lost Tony Thorpe we have been screaming out of a striker who will score you 25 a season, we now have that in Lita.

I assume even when he reaches 20 goals this season you'll still be of the same opinion? :sport19:

It's really simple for me, ever since we lost Tony Thorpe we have been screaming out of a striker who will score you 25 a season, we now have that in Lita.

It goes back further than that - how many times did Thorpe get us anything like 25 in a season?

Guest monster red
It goes back further than that - how many times did Thorpe get us anything like 25 in a season?

Point taken but Thorpe was a goal scorer,we now have that again in Lita.

when i read about and hear people critiscise lita, our TOP SCORER (yes i know i am shouting) with 13 goals, i really do think that some city fans need to look at themselves and question their personal sanity

You are all talking rubbish. Millen, a coach who achieved top grades while qualifying as a coach, and is an experienced pro praises leroy, and says he can go as far as he wants to.

13 goals, gives 100%, only 19, tires defenders out, can score with both feet, scores once in every 4 shots and can head them in too.

I am beginning to think that some of the anti-leroy posts are either gasheads in disguise or people who are too stubborn to admit they are fundamentally wrong- Bloke CDP in particlular

Do I have to post my entire post again T.I.G?

I'll do it again just in case you missed it at 3:50am this morning.

"Oh dear look he's only gone and scored another two goals.

Drop him!"

My point was in reply to this sarcastic post

I even followed up with:

Judos (Edit - meant Kudos ) to Leroy for getting into the position for his goals, slightly concerning though the walk back to the dressing room. Was he injured? Did he take a knock? In a pointless Cup competition........

A) I havent attacked Leroy

B) Nor have I criticised him

C) He scored two goals and got into good positions tonight

D) This is a mickey mouse cup competition when we should be focusing on the league

E) Leroy came off and went down the tunnel with a limp

F) Following from this has he injured himself playing in a game which he really wasnt needed in, unless you consider the LDV to be the only thing we have going for us this season

G) Did I applaud him when he was taken off? Damn right.

H) Did I chant his name with everyone else? Damn right.

(what comes after H) Did I clap him down the tunnel? Hell yes.

(What comes after the one after H) Am I concerned he has injured himself when we have a few games in a short space coming up? Yep.

K) Did he really have to start tonight? Not in my opinion no.

L) If things don't go our own way in these games if Leroy doesn't make them will people say it's cos we don't have our top scorer? I think it will be uttered once or twice by people.

M) Heffernan is still not match fit, Miller is suffering from illness, Could we not have played Gillespie and Cotterill tonight knowing we could then have a fresher partnership of Brooker and Lita on Saturday when things count?

N) Don't need a N cos the A to M were so great.

Thanks for reading. Take care of yourself. And each other.

How can you regard that as an anti Lita post?

He is now struggling with a shin injury, my point remains, I don't think it was necessary to play him last night in a poxy cup competition when he could have been fresher on Saturday?

I apologise for having an opinion.

indeed you are BlokeCDP. if you read leroys comments in the WDP today, he realises, unlike some, that it is an important competition, we needed a win, and if we get to cardiff, win a cup and bag £300,000, it is not a pointless competition. The more Leroy plays and scores, the better

We'll just agree to disagree on this one then. If our top striker injures himself while playing in the LDV cup (he has) and if he considers that ok and the LDV as important as promotion then I'm sure we'll all be happy if we win the LDV but don't get promotion right? Nice day out, bit of cash in our pockets, a bit of silverware, and Colchester/Walsall/Chesterfield/Peterborough next season. Again.

Believe me, I'm happy he's scoring, but to call me Anti-Lita, that I'm criticising our young leading scorer every week and that I'm fundamentally wrong is a tad steep. It's actually f'ing vertical mate!

Good post, but why this USA baseball picture, don't you play cricket in England.

I knew this would happen! I'm not criticising Leroy as a player, or his effort, certainly not his goal scoring record.

I'm just saying he's technically not a very good player. I think enough people on here have agreed with me to justify my point.

I knew this would happen! I'm not criticising Leroy as a player, or his effort, certainly not his goal scoring record.

I'm just saying he's technically not a very good player.

But goalscoring is a technique in itself - the one that most players find most difficult! - or I've been watching a different game all these years.

i didn't mean to cause offence blokeCDP, i just stated my views. Perhaps, in hindsight, i was a bit hard on you, and i agree, for me to call you wrong is wrong. You don't often see apologies on forums but here is one from me!

After all, we all support city don't we?

:city:  :cool:  :D

You didnt really cause me offence TIG, just didnt quite understand where you were coming from. You are entitled to a view and if I was out of order with a reply then I apologise.

Indeed we all do support City. Lets hope Leroy and Tommy shake off their knocks from midweek and deliver us 3 points this afternoon! :D

Archived