IGNORED

4-1 Great Win...

RedM

Well were we? A better opposition would have torn us apart today. I don't want us to become complacent (sp), there is still a lot of room for improvement. I'm not sure if the Doc/Dinning pairing is the right combination. Brooker still hasn't overly impressed me I'm afraid, he looks ok but not special. We scored 4 yet felt there was something missing, we lacked a spark somehow?

I'm probably going to get shouted down judging by the number of 'Brooker is the best thing since sliced bread' type threads. Lita did fantastically due to the fact he was playing whilst ill, I didn't know this until after the match, which makes his performance even more amazing. We have played better, free flowing attractive football in other matches, but haven't had the result.

I still can't understand how we scored 4? We were very ordinary, but thankfully they were less ordinary than us. The atmosphere was poor which doesn't help. When I see other teams score 4 I think 'they must be good', no matter how I try i can't honestly say we were today. I suppose results are all that matter at the end of the day but it doesn't make it easy to watch?

I'd better run and hide now! :ph34r:

Well were we? A better opposition would have torn us apart today. I don't want us to become complacent (sp), there is still a lot of room for improvement. I'm not sure if the Doc/Dinning pairing is the right combination. Brooker still hasn't overly impressed me I'm afraid, he looks ok but not special. We scored 4 yet felt there was something missing, we lacked a spark somehow?

I'm probably going to get shouted down judging by the number of 'Brooker is the best thing since sliced bread' type threads. Lita did fantastically due to the fact he was playing whilst ill, I didn't know this until after the match, which makes his performance even more amazing. We have played better, free flowing attractive football in other matches, but haven't had the result.

I still can't understand how we scored 4? We were very ordinary, but thankfully they were less ordinary than us. The atmosphere was poor which doesn't help. When I see other teams score 4 I think 'they must be good', no matter how I try i can't honestly say we were today. I suppose results are all that matter at the end of the day but it doesn't make it easy to watch?

Its your opinion so i'm not going to bite your head off , although others might! I don't understand why you don't know how we scored 4 , we created loads of chances and had 19 shots on goal! I thought we played some good attacking football at times.Lita , wilkshire , brooker and dinning were all very good today and without them we would have probably lost , but we didnt so look on the bright side. Your right , we werent at our best , but we will raise our game against tranmere on tuesday and give them a good contest , no worries. :whistle:

First half we were brilliant i thought and it was a joy to watch, MK Dons never really had a sniff.

I thought it would be a tough game today but it appeared the Dons don't seem to care which league they play in next year.

The second half City seemed to ease off the pace but picked up as soon as they realised the Dons could actually come back into it.

If City beat Trannie 4-1 on Tuesday night, come on here and ask the same question!.

Well that's it really. I would think more about our team beating Trannie 1-0 and a the whole team playing as if their lives depended on it than the result today. Ok just my opinion mind!

What more do I want? Maybe I am being greedy but I know we can play a whole lot better. I want to be entertained, you know, egde of the seat stuff. a bit of atmosphere and excitement for 90 mins. Good tactics, skill, tough tackling, commitment.... Don't want much do I. :P

Well that's it really. I would think more about our team beating Trannie 1-0 and a the whole team playing as if their lives depended on it than the result today. Ok just my opinion mind!

Well we beat Hull City who were 2nd at the time of our 3-1 win so we've shown we CAN do it, it's whether we WILL do it against top sides when we really need to show our determination. Bring on Macateer because "When he plays, people watch" Yeah right.

I was well happy with the result today.I can see where you're coming from RedM,at times we backed off and didn't play that well,but overall it was good enough.4-1 each week would be amazing,we could've scored more as well today,it all bodes well for the future.A good all round team performance that I hope carries on.

A positive note today is no injuries to worry about and Tinman has a full squad to choose from for a tougher Tuesday game.

The lower teams can be unpredicable and sometimes work harder against you.Our run of form and perfomances at home gives me confidence that we can beat anyone and our away form is improving all the time.

We are now getting the balance and looking like a team that can climb the league to those 2 places that gives us Championship football next season.

Our aim has to be 2nd place for now, Luton seem to be commanding the league so far. We can potentially gain 6 points on them with our 2 fixtures but realistically our ambition has to be the runners up spot.

All in all this is another 3 points closer to higher league football.

No need for that I still feel the side is gelling. The front two look a better pairing now. Yesterday was Dinnings first game with Doherty and both had good games but can not as yet have grasped one anothers way of play. Add this to defensive weaknesses we saw much of today (not helped by constant positional changes)it can be seen there is still more room for improvemrent.

We nonetheless have a group of talented players and played really well today with some excelent individual performances.

I'd better run and hide now!

No need for that I still feel the side is gelling. The front two look a better pairing now. Yesterday was Dinnings first game with Doherty and both had good games but can not as yet have grasped one anothers way of play. Add this to defensive weaknesses we saw much of today (not helped by constant positional changes)it can be seen there is still more room for improvemrent.

We nonetheless have a group of talented players and played really well today with some excelent individual performances.

I think you are a little harsh on todays performance. Personally, i think we had a great game, and on another day it could have finsihed 7-1, we had enough chances to really thrash them. In fact, i think the 4-1 scoreline flattered MK Dons, we were great today and was, personally, very impressed by Brooker, he was my MoM

Our aim has to be 2nd place for now, Luton seem to be commanding the league so far. We can potentially gain 6 points on them with our 2 fixtures but realistically our ambition has to be the runners up spot.

Can't agree with that at all. It's only just turned November and there's plenty of time to catch Luton. The only way it will be easy for them is if people write off first place as unattainable and gift it to them. I do not expect City to do that. Our aim should be first spot and there's no reason we shouldn't expect to get it.

As for 4-1, well City could afford to let the gas off the pedal after going 3-0 up, and don't forget we not only won at a coast, we were able to rest key players ahead of Tuesday. It makes more sense to ease off and win 4-1 today and improve our chances of getting a result on Tuesday than to win 8-1 today with 11 players going hell for leather even though they were well up, and leave Lita, Bell and Doherty with less in the tank for midweek.

Bring on Tranmere. And Luton for that matter.

Guest LeicesterRed

I thought we deserved our win, and played some great football against aggressive opposition.

I do feel however, a better team would have capitalised on our defensive errors, and we are in desperate need of some stabilising force in defence.

That said, I thought we were great, and if we can beat Tranmere I`ll have an easier feeling about the "p" word.

:ph34r:

You can only beat whats in front of you mate.  And 4-1 is a good win against anyone at this level.

Exactly. Last season, if we came up against the MK Dons in the first half then we would not have put three past them. Remember Wycombe?

We did incredibly well against a side who simply wanted to "play rough".

Don't really understand why they did because when McLeod in particular stopped fouling and started playing there were glimpses of a good side. At times they did pass the ball well and were certainly NOT as bad as their away form suggests.

We will know that Tranmere is going to be a tougher test for us and we will have to up our game. But I am confident that we will win. And if we do, play-off places it is! :whistle:

If City didn't play that well yesterday and still won 4-1 then I'm optimistic that the season will end in promotion.

The bottom line is that City picked up three points and have moved up the league.Its very entertaining to see lots of City goals and long may that continue but frankly I don't care that much how City get the points as long as they get them.

A 90min City winner from any source will do me on Tuesday night.1-0, 2-1, 3-2 or even 4-3 it doesn't matter.

I think Brooker is a good player and had two great headers that helped give Lita his second goal and give City the third. He links up well and is better than Miller so I think he is a good addition to the squad.

It is true we can only beat what is put in front of us. MK Dons were awful but...

I did not think we created too many good opportunities but we took opportunities when they came which is great credit to all the goalscorers.

We did lack spark throughout the game and should have dominated more than we did. There were spells when we gave the ball away so cheaply it was embarrassing and it was to our good fortune that MK Dons were so bad that they did not take advantage and were giving the ball back to us.

I was not convinced by the display despite the scoreline. It is a bit damming when a team as bad as MK Dons scores a really really soft goal in open play. Butler was to blame for that bad goal to concede. MK Dons really did not have to work at all to score it. I think it is time Butler is dropped as he is dropping a B*ll**k every game now. He is looking a bit slow and jaded and needs a rest as his form is not good. I am sure he will feature later in the campaign but he should be dropped like last season.

Dinning I though played one or two tidy passes but did not look anything extra to what we already have in the centre of midfield. I think Wilkshire was wasted on the left. He would be much better utilised in the centre [which is his best natural poistion] instead of Dinning. He is much better than Dinning in the centre. Tinnion should have got a left-midfielder on loan instead of Dinning in the centre as thats the area that we do not have a single first team player for and it means Wilkshire can be used more effective in the centre. This lack of insight by Tinnion I do find astounding.

Wilkshire on the left creates an unbalanced midfield as Wilkshire always strays inside. We really do lack width on the left. We need a left-sided midfielder who would have the talent/skill to be good down the wing as well as cutting inside like Scott Murray does on the right-wing. I think Wilkshire is a great talent but he is stunted in showing it on the left wing especially agains better opposition.

I do fear a decent team would have got a result against us yesterday. It will be interesting to see the Tranmere game this Tuesday to see how we fare against better opponents [i say better but generally speaking everyone in this division is bad ( including us, based on results this season)]

All in all against MK Dons City still looked unbalanced in midfield that a better team would have exploited and we looked soft down the centre of the park (partly due to Butlers current loss of form and maybe due to Dinnings lack of tackling in midfield) I was not fully convinced by the display. The only convincing thing about the game was Wilkshire is a class finisher and should be in the centre, Brooker is great in the air and Lita is absolutely lethal.

p.s. Sorry for labeling the Wilkshire left theme but it really annoys me how Tinnion cannot see it as it is sooooooooooooo obvious.

• Admin

Generally I think we as City fans are often too critical.

Going by the stats in Football First today, we amassed 16 shots on target yesterday whilst the nearest anyone else in our divison managed was 8. If we can do this whilst not playing that amazingly, is it any surprise that 4 of them went in?

No-one in the division has created more chances than us and if we can get more of them to fall to Leroy we'll walk this League.

Again, from Football First, Leroy's 11 goals in the League have come from 16 shots on target!

No-one in the division has created more chances than us and if we can get more of them to fall to Leroy we'll walk this League.

That's the way I'm calling it, it's a long time (Goater) since we've had such a genuine finisher ... "feed Lee Roy and he will score!"

Again, from Football First, Leroy's 11 goals in the League have come from 16 shots on target!

That's FootyFirst for you, I make it 31 on + 13 off = 4.0 shots/goal (which is class)

What more do I want? Maybe I am being greedy but I know we can play a whole lot better. I want to be entertained,...

... that's too subjective - one person's drama is another's comedy.

I watch City/footy because I enjoy it, not in the hope that I might. If pushed to explain what I wanted I wouldn't reply "to be entertained", I'd have say "to witness achievement".

As for yesterday, it would have been interesting to see us playing opposition that stretched us.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was bored yesterday, yes we won 4-1 but we humped the ball up field as often as possible , we lost the midfield battle and our defence was poor for a lot of the game, someone said brooker was MOM , His first touch often is extremely poor. Murray struggled against MK's left back ( yes I know he got past him for the 1st goal) dinning made 1 or 2 good passes but for the most part he stood and watched the play pass him by.

We have a long way to go , we have to start playing the game properly , pass the ball in front of the player, not behind him, play it along the ground not hump it as far as you can.

Guest pentlandsl

Personally I think City are starting to click together and are capable of storming this division for the rest of the season.

Anyone who has played football knows how hard it is to bust a gut after you have gone 3-0 up in the first half. City did a professional job on Saturday without overdoing themselves with Tranmere in mind and an overly physical MK in front of them.

The defence are coming together and have been a lot better since Butler and Bell came back from injury.

Phillips needs a Butler in front of him to deal with the high crosses as he doesn't come off his line much, leaving him to concentrate on wonder saves like Saturday's.

Bell is giving us some great options down the left, linking up well with Wilkshire and Brooker - he his playing the best football of his career at the moment.

Matt Hill is my man of the season so far, he has been a giant in the air, quick thinking on the ground, hard in the tackle and useful coming forward. He is the anchor of the team.

Tommy showed flashes of his old self on Saturday and needs to carry on getting stuck in, although he was anonymous for periods of the game.

Dinning looks like he could be useful with some good passes.

Murray is not getting the run of the ball at the moment, but will do if he keeps getting at defences,he scares defenders and often draws players making it easier for our strikers.

Wilkshire is a class act and will get better and better. He thinks fast and passes very well and has an eye for goal.

Brooker is everything Peacock wasn't, a good center forward who is great in the air, strong on the ground, deceptively fast and a fantastic foil for Leroy.

Leroy is still a bit of a rough diamond but knows where the goal is and doesn't often miss the goal when he hits the ball. He just needs to work on his positional awareness and be a bit sharper looking for link-ups with the rest of the team. He has the capacity to improve into a Premiership quality player if he keeps his feet on the ground and forgets the hype being bandied around. As Beckham said when he was accused of being lucky to have his freekick ability, "it's strange how the harder I worked and the more I practised, the luckier I got!".

Finally, a word on Jamie Smith. I am raelly torn about his inclusion in the squad, he looks like a player who is going to get continually booked and sent off, is a little slow in closing down attackers BUT he is great supporting our attacks coming forward. Him and Murray running together at defenders is a great sight - they don't know which player to go to first - he is one of the best true wing backs I've seen in a City shirt.

With Gillespie, Tinnion, Heffernon, Miller, Anyinsah, Cotterill, Amankwah, Goodfellow and Fortune et al waiting in the wings, we surely have the best squad in this league - how can we fail to go up!!

One final point - Scott and Luke - please stop shirking tackles, it's irritating!

Guest monster red
I was bored yesterday

I would suggest you should be somewhere else then on a Saturday afternoon :whistle:

Just remind me people! we did win 4-1,didnt we?? I cant believe some people (City fans :P yeah right!)are attempting to pick holes in a very good City performance on Saturday!! It's almost like you have nothing else to do but to be negitive and moan :ph34r:

What more do you want? :@

I for one can see a vast improvement in the City perfomances over the last few weeks and we all have alot to look forward to this season, this could be the one!! :whistle:

I would suggest you should be somewhere else then on a Saturday afternoon  :whistle:   

Just remind me people! we did win 4-1,didnt we?? I cant believe some people (City fans :P yeah right!)are attempting to pick holes in a very good City performance on Saturday!! It's almost like you have nothing else to do but to be negitive and moan :ph34r:

What more do you want?  :@

I for one can see a vast improvement in the City perfomances over the last few weeks and we all have alot to look forward to this season, this could be the one!! :whistle:

I guess some of those comments were aimed at me so i'll give you a reply.

I maynot be able to write as well as some posters on here but some people have grasped what I was originaly trying to say. I wasn't being unfairly negative, far from it really.

We did win, we went out and got the goals/points without really getting out of 2nd gear. All credit to the boys for doing that but we can play so much better, and have done this season. We aren't world beaters yet, although we won 4-1. The job isn't done which after Saturdays game people think we are now unbeatable.

The players aren't the finished article and there is no room for complacency. MK Dons made us look good when we were average in all departments. We have come on fantastically from the start of the season but it needs us not to take the foot of the gas right now and decide all is well.

I'm sure there will be a better showing against Trannie tomorrow, making a better atmosphere etc. We can't sit back and think Saturdays effort was good enough, as it won't be against them.

Again I probably haven't explained it very well. Interestingly I've had a fair few PM's from people saying they agree with me but didn't want to 'go public' and say anything on here???

As for being accused of not being a 'true fan' if I really could decide how that is measured I'm sure I would feel quite insulted. :whistle:

Guest monster red
I guess some of those comments were aimed at me so i'll give you a reply.

Not aimed specifically at you but I do feel you are expecting too much!

I maynot be able to write as well as some posters on here but some people have grasped what I was originaly trying to say. I wasn't being unfairly negative, far from it really

I think you are, we won 4-1 ,enough said!

We did win, we went out and got the goals/points without really getting out of 2nd gear

And still won,comfortably

We aren't world beaters yet, although  we won 4-1. The job isn't done which after Saturdays game people think we are now unbeatable

I'm not suggesting we are but for god's sake lets be able to enjoy a comfortable home win, why all doom & gloom?

MK Dons made us look good when we were average in all departments

Absolute rubbish! Yeah they wernt a good side but I have seen City struggle on many occasions to brush those sort of teams aside in recent seasons. Saturday 3-0 up in 30 mins

As for being accused of not being a 'true fan' if I really could decide how that is measured  I'm sure I would feel quite insulted.

That was aimed at the guy who said he was bored (hence the quote)How on earth can you be bored watching City winning 4-1 :ph34r:

Guest Red_Ram

There's no pleasing some is there...Struggle to break down Colchester - no end of criticism - Stick 4 past MK Dons - yet more criticism.

Obviously it will be a failure if we only put 3 past Tranmere tomorrow night. This country...

I can't be bothered to read this thread and comment in a cynical fashion as seems to be the norm, but answer to the question though A win is a win innit?

Who cares how well we played, i could not give a flying toss if we played like downs league.

All thats important is getting the three points and removing ourselves from this pathetic league.

Lets face it, how many times have we played well and got diddly squat?

Too many times, so stop moaning.

Archived