IGNORED

Tony Dinning:

red as fcuk

What would expect anyone in Dinings position to say? Of course he loves it at City, he's after a contract and has to be heard saying all the right things.

And..based on his last two performances, I would be thinking very seriously about giving him a contract.My worry would be though' - once he's got a deal would he be so up for every game with nothing to aim for?

What would expect anyone in Dinings position to say? Of course he loves it at City, he's after a contract and has to be heard saying all the right things.

And..based on his last two performances, I would be thinking very seriously about giving him a contract.My worry would be though' - once he's got a deal would he be so up for every game with nothing to aim for?

I tend to agree with that. But i think its worth taking the risk in signing him but on a one year contract (no more)

He is 29 so he would probably be sceptical about signing for a short period, as he may fear knowone will want him in the future :city:

Guest RedHotCityPepper

Maybe give him a contract until the end of the season which means he would still have to play well to prove himself and get a longer contract. Then at least if we see he's not up for it we can let him go without any compensationn or having to find a club to buy him.

Of course he may then leave us at the end of the season if he impresses and someone bigger wants to sign him but that's a risk we'll have to take as it would be a risk to give him a long term contract right away.

once he's got a deal would he be so up for every game with nothing to aim for?

I'd say promotion/ contract extension would be 2 very big aims for a player of his age presuming we do only offer a short contract. Besides do you think it is only City that are interested in him?

I think Dinning would be a very good signing for us. Okay so his 1st game for City was pretty bad but since then he's been superb and is the experienced pro we need in the middle of the park besides Tommy. His passing whilst not spectacular has been simple but effective and he's done a good job acting as a shield in front of the back line whilst Tommy goes tearing around winning the ball back. He's also been a good peacemaker and always seems to be talking and organising the rest of the lads a la Tinnion.

Dinning also brings something to the side we don't currently have which is the experience of actually playing in a team that has got promoted out of this division.

If he's available on a free and we can sign him I say go for it - this might mean having to make sacrifices like letting Freezer or Woodman go to reduce the wage bill. But I think this is a risk worth taking.

Just as an after thought what are people's thoughts about Goodfellow ? I missed the whole of last season so I haven't seen him play in a City shirt yet. Some fans I talk to think he is terrible but others think he's great. What is the general forum consensus on Freezer ?

I understand what your saying, but you have to look at why he leaving Wigan. At this level with wigan he was successful, but Wigan have continued there success and are flying at the moment and I believe Dinning is probabaly good enough for the average championship side, but Wigan have gone onto the next level.

It suggests he's leaving because he's not good enough for wigan, and there is nothing to suggest he's a player that let's his performances dip, once he's earned a contract.

I think we should sign him on a one or two year contract, because he's a proven player at this level, and he could also be useful for survival in the championship if we got promotion........

Dinning would be a good signing for you there's no doubt about that! But like Williams would he prefer a move to a more established Championship team?

I know at his age a move to League One (for now) would probably do his game good... but that's not always how footballers think is it.

Guest filtonred
My worry would be though' - once he's got a deal would he be so up for every game with nothing to aim for?

You can say that about any signing, I think by signing him it would give Tinman a chance to step to one side and consantrate on being a manager. Its too early to get carried away but Murray, Dinning, Doherty & Wilkshire is probably the best midfield in this division

because he was utter rubbish last night!!! thats why!!

The taem were very poor ,Orr was no worse or better than the others .

From the half way line it was obvious ( as I said after 19 mins)

take off butler bring on smith(awankma was not available) move coles to the middle .

stop hooofng the ball up the middle for sodje to head

and bob is your uncle :wub:

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

"I knew a bit about Tommy Doherty before I came, having played against him, and he's a quality player" :laugh:

It seems he really wants to do well for this football club and is enjoying his football,that's healthy....

Archived