IGNORED

Plastic Pitches

Gazred

UEFA have made a new ruling stating that platic pitches can be used again from next season. Obviously in this country we think straight away of the bouncy surfaces of Luton, QPR and Oldham. With the advancement in technolgies, the surfaces these days should perform more realisticaly.

Would you be happy with a plastic pitch at Ashton Gate?

The story can be found here

UEFA have made a new ruling stating that platic pitches can be used again from next season. Obviously in this country we think straight away of the bouncy surfaces of Luton, QPR and Oldham. With the advancement in technolgies, the surfaces these days should perform more realisticaly.

Would you be happy with a plastic pitch at Ashton Gate?

The story can be found here

Personally I wouldnt like to see these pitches becoming more wide spread, because although they are begining to become more like grass, they still are not grass.

I have had the pleasure(?) of playing on Dunfermlines pitch up here in Scotland, and it has received widespread critism because although you can play good football on it, it adds the chances of injury and makes normal things like tackling more dnagerous, many resulting in massive friction burns which everyone knows if you receive on is very very unconfortable.

IMHO give me a green grass pitch any day :P

Nice one Whitey :wub:

I think most of us will have experienced the "Astro Burn" at some point or another!

I think in the US they have all but stopped (correct me if I'm wrong) using artificial sufaces in the NFL because of the horrific injuries they can cause, mainly torn ankle ligaments and muscles due to the fact you get to much grip when trying to twist or turn.

:wub:

Archived