IGNORED

Songs For Performing Players

tin

Been thinking about this for a while and I think its about time we gave decent songs to a few players who either aint got a song or have a cr@p one.

Steve Brooker, 'one stevie brooker' is rubbish. Been used before for the likes of Christian Roberts and lacks originality. How about adapting the song Palace sing about Andy Johnson to 'the the the the Stevie Brooker...'??

Luke Wilkshire, been scoring all these goals from midfield but yet nobody knows what to sing about him. I propose to the tune of Coombaya 'Luke Wilkshire my lord, Luke Wilkshire...'

Get thinking people and post your ideas

Cheers, Tin.

Been thinking about this for a while and I think its about time we gave decent songs to a few players who either aint got a song or have a cr@p one.

Steve Brooker, 'one stevie brooker' is rubbish. Been used before for the likes of Christian Roberts and lacks originality. How about adapting the song Palace sing about Andy Johnson to 'the the the the Stevie Brooker...'??

Luke Wilkshire, been scoring all these goals from midfield but yet nobody knows what to sing about him. I propose to the tune of Coombaya 'Luke Wilkshire my lord, Luke Wilkshire...'

Get thinking people and post your ideas

Cheers, Tin.

An Aussie tribute to Wilkshire to the tune of Waltzing Matilda:

Waltzing with Wilkshire,

Waltzing with Wilkshire.

Who'll come a waltzing with Wilkshire with me?

He shoots and he scores

And then he shoots and scores some more.

Waltzing with Wilkshire,

Waltzing with Wilkshire.

He shoots and he scores

Thats class. Lets get it started

Waltzing with Wilkshire,

Waltzing with Wilkshire.

He shoots and he scores

Like it. The "and he shoots and scores some more" line could be

improved but it's not bad.

It would have to be piloted at an away game because no one sings

at home games anymore!. If I try and start a song in Atyeo E block

you normally get about 2 people join in!

What's the Brooker song then Neo?

p.s your avatar is beginning to make me feel a bit ill! ;)

I don't know the name of the tune, however, it is very simple and catchy. Why not come over for the Sheff Wed game and you'll be able to hear some real support! :laugh:

Using the same words Dave L has posted or slightly different?

It's the original words with "la"'s in place of the line which ends in billabong as nobody can be arsed to find out the correct words! :P

Add to it I think!! ;)

Like it. The "and he shoots and scores some more" line could be

improved but it's not bad.

It would have to be piloted at an away game because no one sings

at home games anymore!. If I try and start a song in Atyeo E block

you normally get about 2 people join in!

I sit in Atyeo Block E, Row U to be precise an know what u mean bout that!!!

You really should try coming over to E block of the Williams

Swap your tickets and join in the mayhem

Some of it is bizzare to say the least but most is total fun

The more ridiculous the better

Anything goes - with the exception of racist chants but fatism and baldism is defintiely in

Stevie Brooker song is the background theme to a 60s song called Green Onions - ask your Mums and Dads - and has a tenuous link in so much that it's by Booker T and the MGs (not Brooker T)

The next big thing will be the tune of "Cover Me," recent No1, to Gillespie's name when he next scores down!

C'mon

Eastender, it is very obvious that most of the people asking for songs for wilkshire and brooker have neevr been in the E block this season. The wilkshire song was sung about 2 weeks ago and the Brooker one since he arrived.

You lot really need to get in the williams, looks like you are missing out on the fun.

Sheff Weds will be a good'n.

Eastender, it is very obvious that most of the people asking for songs for wilkshire and brooker have neevr been in the E block this season. The wilkshire song was sung about 2 weeks ago and the Brooker one since he arrived.

You lot really need to get in the williams, looks like you are missing out on the fun.

Sheff Weds will be a good'n.

What are the words to the Tinman song that the Williams have been singing to the tune of "I can't take may eyes off you"?

Can quite hear it from the Dolman. Sounds a bit like

"We love you Tinman,

You've only got one foot,.."

That's as much as I can make out

Guest puddy_bcfc

We love you tinman

You've only got one foot

We love you tinman

You score with your left foot

We love you tinman

Cause your city all the way throoooouuuughhhhhhh

Thanks!

The PA guy ought to play the song to get others going around the ground.

Or perhaps the others around the ground can all congregate where there is enough room for us all and embarass 2,000 odd Sheff Wed fans (even with their acoustic roof!).

I swap from Dolman Block B (which quite frankly is now a dead zone) every game. It takes about 5 minutes to sort (albeit you have to go to the ground).

Well worth it especially for games like this. You can also admire the over-zealous stewards who like to stop and stare! :laugh:;)

I swap from Dolman Block B (which quite frankly is now a dead zone) every game.  It takes about 5 minutes to sort (albeit you have to go to the ground).

Uhhhh, i ring up the day before every match and simply collect my ticket 5 minutes before kickoff. Ignore this crazy man! :P

Uhhhh, i ring up the day before every match and simply collect my ticket 5 minutes before kickoff.  Ignore this crazy man! :P

You couldn't have told me that weeks ago and saved me hours of travelling? :@

Actually, I only work 5 minutes walk from the Gate so it don't matter :P

Or perhaps the others around the ground can all congregate where there is enough room for us all and embarass 2,000 odd Sheff Wed fans (even with their acoustic roof!).

I swap from Dolman Block B (which quite frankly is now a dead zone) every game.  It takes about 5 minutes to sort (albeit you have to go to the ground).

Well worth it especially for games like this.  You can also admire the over-zealous stewards who like to stop and stare!  :laugh:  ;)

Okay! I surrender. I'm going to swap my great view for one obscured with pillars to see what it's like.

What row /block /seat is best to ask for?

If you want to be mingled with the loud singers then congregate nearest the away fans half way up. Igf you want to still join in with singing but have less of the pillar obstructing the goal mouth then aim for top cornerish of the E block.

I often sit row P with straightthrough118, Levster, Big Red Rich and a few others. Mallagro, Old Spot, Willsbridge Red, Cider Head and the others are all a few rows below at the end of the rows.

Just aim for E block, everyone sings in there anyway :laugh:

Guest puddy_bcfc

i tend to go for row P in block E. Have really enjoyed it since me and my mate moved from dolman block B a few weeks ago. We just phone up day before and pick tickets up just before the match, nice and easy.

come and join in and have a good sing along, you will enjoy it

Archived