IGNORED

Wigan Reject Dinning Extension

Ian M

• Admin

I may have just had a text forwarded to me stating that Wigan have rejected a bid by City to extend Tony Dinning's loan spell with us but that we're entering negotiations to bring him here permanently instead.

Anyone else confirm this as I expected to see a thread on here revealing it already if it was cosher. :)

I heard that BT is very keen to bring Dinning to AG but that Steve Landsdown has some sort of a problem with that.

What that problem is,I'm not entirely certain but you can bet your last pound that theres a financial element that SL finds unpalatable.Maybe Dinning(or his agent)are asking too much salary or maybe Wigan want a fee for him.Whatever the reason,the botton line is that City are a better team with Dinning in it than without.Thursdays match at Brentford will tell us that.

I may have just had a text forwarded to me stating that Wigan have rejected a bid by City to extend Tony Dinning's loan spell with us but that we're entering negotiations to bring him here permanently instead.

Anyone else confirm this as I expected to see a thread on here revealing it already if it was cosher.  :)

The text is official Madger.

Adam

Whatever the reason,the botton line is that City are a better team with Dinning in it than without.Thursdays match at Brentford will tell us that.

Unless he signs on permanently by Wednesday of course :)

No we won't Madger, because he's cup tied (unless I'm completely misunderstanding your post here)

• Admin
No we won't Madger, because he's cup tied (unless I'm completely misunderstanding your post here)

We're at the FIRST ROUND stage, tell me how he's cup-tied for playing in a previous round......

Wigan WON'T ALLOW him to get cup-tied by turning out for us in case we don't sign him and it scuppers a move elsewhere.....if we sign him by Wednesday, it is then up to us - not Wigan - if he plays or not :city:

:)

Guest bristolbred
I heard that BT is very keen to bring Dinning to AG but that Steve Landsdown has some sort of a problem with that.

Steve Lansdown has previously stated that IF Tin's wants to bring a quality player to Ashton Gate, then he would do it, if it was for the best for the team, and to improve City's chances of promotion!!, :)

He won't play for Wigan, he hadn't for 11 months previously and had be loaned out twice before.

Don't think him and Jewell see eye to eye.

But Ipswich only had him for a month? Was he recalled all did your Joe R at Portman Road said we don't want him.

If Jewell doesn't want him and hasn't for 11 months why on earth didn't he ship him off earlier... I guess it's not as simple as that.

We're at the FIRST ROUND stage, tell me how he's cup-tied for playing in a previous round......

Wigan WON'T ALLOW him to get cup-tied by turning out for us in case we don't sign him and it scuppers a move elsewhere.....if we sign him by Wednesday, it is then up to us - not Wigan - if he plays or not :D

:)

Alright, I see that now, I was tired from working late last night :city:

It was the official site's fault, for saying (and I quote): "Dinning's Wigan contract runs out at the end of the current season and he is presently cup-tied for Thursday's FA Cup first round replay at Brentford."

So there, blame the media department :P

Anyone else confirm this as I expected to see a thread on here revealing it already if it was cosher.  :)

yes i had the text saturday night.

bit late now as the story is on the web.

Guest monster red

Paul Jewell has already said he's available on a free it just a case of agreeing personnal terms, it sounds like his wages could be high so it all down to Money now!! Sort of makes Thursday night all the more important now with the next round also on TV and then obviously the 3rd round which could also bring in more money.

I know! lets beat Brentford first :)

Paul Jewell has already said he's available on a free it just a case of agreeing personnal terms, it sounds like his wages could be high so it all down to Money now!! Sort of makes Thursday night all the more important now with the next round also on TV and then obviously the 3rd round which could also bring in more money.

I know! lets beat Brentford first  :)

If if Wigan don't want money for him, it's down to how much Dinning wants to join us. Obviously he won't get the wages he was paid at Wigan, but I hope he doesn't get too greedy and price himself out of a job. He looks like he is all but assured a place in the team, it's down to him if he wants it.

If if Wigan don't want money for him, it's down to how much Dinning wants to join us. Obviously he won't get the wages he was paid at Wigan, but I hope he doesn't get too greedy and price himself out of a job. He looks like he is all but assured a place in the team, it's down to him if he wants it.

And quoting Dinning from tonights Evening Post

"From a personal perspective, I don't want to be going into the Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday thinking it could be my last game for City."

"I've made my intentions clear in that I want to come down for keeps and I'm prepared to uproot the family and buy a house in the area."

"I am not going to be greedy over contracts and terms because I want to be fair to the club, who have been great to me."

"By the same token I have to think of myself and my family at this stage of my career and ensure there's a decent enough deal to see me through for the next few years."

I reckon Mr Dinn could be signed up by the end of the week. :)

And quoting Dinning from tonights Evening Post

"From a personal perspective, I don't want to be going into the Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday thinking it could be my last game for City."

"I've made my intentions clear in that I want to come down for keeps and I'm prepared to uproot the family and buy a house in the area."

"I am not going to be greedy over contracts and terms because I want to be fair to the club, who have been great to me."

"By the same token I have to think of myself and my family at this stage of my career and ensure there's a decent enough deal to see me through for the next few years."

I reckon Mr Dinn could be signed up by the end of the week.  :)

That's refreshing to hear. All too often the players Agents get involved and try to hold clubs to ransom. Of course the player has to put his family first and get a good deal for himself, but how many deals have failed because of agents and their greed.

Dinning has settled the side and added leadership and direction. That obviously won't be cheap but it seems positive steps are being taken to keep him.

That's refreshing to hear. All too often the players Agents get involved and try to hold clubs to ransom. Of course the player has to put his family first and get a good deal for himself, but how many deals have failed because of agents and their greed.

Dinning has settled the side and added leadership and direction. That obviously won't be cheap but it seems positive steps are being taken to keep him.

To be honest, if I wanted to get paid good money I would release a story like this. Brilliant PR.

It's led us to believe that he is affordable and wants to stay. He can demand quite a lot now and our perception will be that the club don't want to sign him rather than him stalling on terms.

I think comments by footballers in the press always need to be taken with a pinch of salt!

Wigan are stuttering in form... Wouldn't be suprised if Tony Dinning, for now, will be unavailable as he will be needed at Wigan.

11 months out of the Wigan 1st team, Loaned out a few times and his current ontract exspires at the end of the season, Wigan arn't daft if city made a small offer for him I link they would snatch our hands off.

:) Sign him on :city:

Archived