IGNORED

3 Point Banker Today.

screech

Today we will see a City team firing on all cylinders and cruising to an easy win, because that's what we do after a drab performance, the players up their game considerably because they feel they have a point to prove, but I for one don't buy it.

The most annoying thing about this is it probably wont last more than a couple of weeks because after that they seem to forget what they are fired up for, claims on the website of the next few games being vital to win fall on deaf ears for me, the previous 3 months games have been vital to win but alas not much joy there.

I will feel happy but a little cheated when we win today bacause of the awful performance put together Tuesday, this was a game we could have quite easily won if the passion the players now want to show was evident then, 4 games ago we last won a match, and we have only got back to back league wins only on two seperate occasions so far this season, this doesn't inspire me.

So fear not all you people with butterflies in their stomachs about todays game, it's a foregone conclusion that it's a home banker, the real tester will be the next game and the one after that and so on.. Don't be fooled by todays win, i fear the celebrations will be short lived, history this season tells me so.

Screech - My candidate for poster of the year *note that Madge*

I think your right, i've consistantly said this is the start of a run, not on here but to mates, and they've always come back fully agreeing, but it's not to be :D .

We have the team, the fans, the stadia and sometimes the enthusiasm to get there i.e Beadle's 96th minute equaliser, and do it i need to say it, Mansfield away.

There's just something we're missing and position wise people are saying Right Wing, fair enough, just wish we could get back to the highs of last season, this has been nothing but lows, inconsistant displays bringing us all back down to earth.

this has been nothing but lows, inconsistant displays bringing us all back down to earth.

Its always been like that.

In the 35 years or so that I've supported City there have always been temporary highs followed by persistant lows.A perfect example - In the old 1st Division playing the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal and within 4 or 5 seasons (I don't remember exactly) City are away to Hartlepool and propping up the football league.

More recently promotion under John Ward followed by relegation the next season.Close to promotion last season and struggling to find any form this season.Its typical City.

Nothing changes..we just have to learn to live with it.

I sometimes wonder what the club has to do for some of you pessimists to make a positive comment.

Here is a thread that quite openly states that we're about to win well today but then in the next breath says '...but it won't last and we'll all be back in the doldrums the week after'

Absolutely astounding! :D

Try going to the game and just enjoying the win - we'll worry about the next game after this one - ok?

:P

Perhaps I've missed the point here, or have I missed the attempt at humour? theres a real lack of smilies to suggest this is meant to be taken seriously.

NO WIN is ever a formality. That ignorance is what astounds me.

How many more #### performances, and in the main resulting in a #### scoreline will it take before people stop posting:

'3 Point Banker Today'

'cruising to an easy win'

'Try going to the game and just enjoying the win'

'it's a foregone conclusion '

Assuming that all it takes is for us to turn up and we get 3 points. I think the opposition might have a say in the scoreline (again). Theres optimism and there's blind faith.

Then again I hope it is a sarcastic thread :D so apologies if it is.

I think we HAVE TO win today.

Wilson is right we have had a different approach about us this season yet no more draws at home!

Stockport come here with the worst defence in the league so surely even we should be able to find the net.

Forecast a corking performance by Wilkshire today, :D

Archived