IGNORED

Decent Crowd..

Robbored

Not a bad turn out for the Saturday before xmas which traditionally is a difficult time to attract crowds for obvious reasons, plus Stockport are not the biggest attraction.

Good to see the partimers turning up as well.I had thought that City would get a gate of around 8000 but was delighted with 10400 even though some were free tickets.

Any predictions for Bournemouth next week?

The crowd was 10,400, but when you consider that 700 were free tickets for school kids, that brings it down top 9,700. Incidently, there were 1,500 tickets distributed to various schools, and not even half of the recipients could be tempted to come, even though it was free. This should tell the club something, surely?

The crowd was 10,400, but when you consider that 700 were free tickets for school kids, that brings it down top 9,700. Incidently, there were 1,500 tickets distributed to various schools, and not even half of the recipients could be tempted to come, even though it was free. This should tell the club something, surely?

...like what a load of cheapskate ######s Bristol is producing?

While watching Soccer AM on Saturday morning, they had Peter Beardsley on and were doing the usual chit-chat with him about what he was upto now etc.........

He is now the community liason officer (or something like that) for Newcastle Utd and he said that this basically intels, going around local schools giving free tickets away.

Sounds fair enough, but the way they actually do it, is as a reward for the kids.....

It is done on 100% attendance for turning up to school, and it is actually working up there, attendance's have risen in local schools and they are putting it down to the fact that the kid's are now being rewarded for not bunking off.

Sounds like a cracking idea, I may have gone to school more if the club had done something like that, but then again......If The G*s had come round, I probably wouldn't have gone to school at all!!

Not bad but a shame there was n0o atmosphere, it really is becoming bad at ashton gate

I went to the game today with a friend of a friend from Romania who was attending his first British game. His english wasn't great but he managed to convey that;

A) He really enjoyed it.

B) He thought it was "typical english" ( I think he meant the football. all blood and guts, little skill).

C) The atmosphere was great.

He is a Dinamo Bucharest fan and said that the only time the crowd get excited is when they are about to fight the opposition!

I thought the atmosphere was good in the 2nd half in particular, cold damp air seems to help increase the volume. Personally no matter what they paid, I prefer to have a reasonably large crowd at the gate, but what was going on with those drummers in the East end? Were they under orders not to play while the game was on?

not trying to be a pesimist but

1. it was quid a kid

2. ladies day

3. free tickets to school

However, the club used its brain, and realised the crowd wasnt goin to big due to christmas, weather, results etc, so they decided to find away to bring fans in, like ladies day, quid a kid and free tickets

well done to the club for doing this!

Archived