IGNORED

Why We Lost Today

Dave L

1: We missed Butler's organisational abilities at the back.

2: Tommy Doherty's disgraceful fitness levels. Having only played half a game on Tuesday he was completely knackered after 35 minutes today. Dinning spent so much time covering for him after that he wasn't able to have a positive effect on the game and Wednesday were given too much space to play through the middle.

3: Phillips at fault for the first goal. Tinnion for the second. You normally have to go a whole season to see Tins misplace a pass and he did it twice today .. the second one nearly led to a goal too.

4: Brooker didn't win a single thing in the air all day, but we still kept playing high balls to him.

5: Wednesday were better than us in every department. They pressed hard, denied us space and defended from the front - an excellent tactical performance and their third goal was very well created and taken.

6: Danny Coles' indiscipline.

It had nothing to do with the Referee, who was as petty and officious as he usually is, but was no better or worse than most of the clowns who officiate these days.

Hopefully it was just one of those days, but with Blackpool away next, then Luton at home, there are more potential banana skins waiting.

Guest Harry May

I would another point .

We sold our soul for Murdoch's pennies. It is no coincident that both City and Brentford lost today . We should never have played on Thursday.

The Owls were first to every ball - was this because they are a better team than us ? Maybe , but I thought we looked jaded and stale.

Caldicot Red.

I would another point .

We sold our soul for Murdoch's pennies. It is no coincident that both City and Brentford lost today . We should never have played on Thursday.

The Owls were first to every ball - was this because they are a better team than us ? Maybe , but I thought we looked jaded and stale.

Caldicot Red.

Apparently it is in the entry requirements of teh competition that you have to be able to show the game on Sky/BBC if they want it to be shown.

I would another point .

Caldicot Red.

I agree, and their finishing was excellent, unfortunately.

I think you're just as wrong to go singling out induvidual players as those people who are blaming the referee.

Tinnion, Amankwaah and Phillips all made mistakes which ended up being costly, but don't forget EVERYONE in the side made similar mistakes during the match.

Those players are just unlucky because it was their mistakes which Shef Weds cashed in on. But they were given plenty of other opportunities.

And why single out Doherty and blame him for not being able to chase around after the ball ? In case you hadnt noticed, Dinning NEVBR chases after the ball. In fact you could turn that second point on its head and say Doherty is always knackered because he does all Dinnings donkey=work for him !

At the end of the day, the whole team underperformed. Last week against Wrexham we got away with it (despite gifting them a number of good chances too) this week Sheffield Wednesday capitalised.

We lost today because we made 4 terrible mistakes (give credit to sheff weds though for taking them). And why tinnion started with smith i don't know , it was his awfull pass that put us in trouble for the first goal. The referee was awfull , okay we played poorly , but every time we attacked he blew up for a free kick to them! Like when lita was going clean through and he blew up because wilkshire "dived" when he was blatantly kicked! At the time i thought the sending off was harsh but reports from people who have seen it don't sound good , if coles did intentionally elbow the bloke he is a discrace , he has potentially cost us at least a point against one of our main threats for the playoff spots.

The passing today was crap , we had no invention or service to the strikers , and didnt get in behind them enough , i think we need someone pacy on the left wing (someone who is on loan at swansea perhaps!) , and let wilkshire get into the centre where he is at his best , he's a passer of the ball like tinnion. Tinnion needs to hang his boots up NOW , he played a great ball over the top for murrays goal and i'm afraid that was it. (apart from the lovely pass to proudlock for there second! :@ )

And needless to say the defending was awfull , matty hill has been solid recently and this was probably the worse i've seen him play , sometimes his passing is awfull but you can always count on him to put a tackle in , today him and coles just werent at the races , put jamie smith into the aqausion and we are bound to leak goals.

Guest bristolbred

2: Tommy Doherty's disgraceful fitness levels. Having only played half a game on Tuesday he was completely knackered after 35 minutes today. Dinning spent so much time covering for him after that he wasn't able to have a positive effect on the game and Wednesday were given too much space to play through the middle.

3:  Phillips at fault for the first goal. Tinnion for the second. You normally have to go a whole season to see Tins misplace a pass and he did it twice today .. the second one nearly led to a goal too.

4:  Brooker didn't win a single thing in the air all day, but we still kept playing high balls to him.

5:  Wednesday were better than us in every department. They pressed hard, denied us space and defended from the front - an excellent tactical performance and their third goal was very well created and taken.

6:  Danny Coles' indiscipline.

It had nothing to do with the Referee, who was as petty and officious as he usually is, but was no better or worse than most of the clowns who officiate these days.

Hopefully it was just one of those days, but with Blackpool away next, then Luton at home, there are more potential banana skins waiting.

So, could you sum up today's game in just one word??, :wacko:

:dunno:

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Let's give some credit to Sheffield Wednesday as well,they raised their game against us because afterall we are Bristol City,the top dogs of this division :wacko:

I think it will be between us and Sheff Weds for second spot this season....bring on Hillsbrough!!

The entire team played poorly, Thursday revisited.

The best City player was Matt Hill, he alone seemed to be up for the game. And let us not forget 6 first teamers were partly/totally rested Thursday...this was a poor game for us, we SHOULD have put a better fight up.

Citys discipline will catch up with them. Doc booked twice in two games, Colesy off.

Not happy worst game I've seen since Wycombe away last season....... :@

Re: Tommy's fitness. Cigarettes and oxygen were never meant to share the lungs. Medical fact, he can improve 20% if he stops heavy smoking. Its just a matter of professionalism, you either want to be the best you can be or you can be a heavy smoker and be less than your best. Not preaching, just hoping he quits during the season, the best of Tommy would be best for the club.

Re: Tommy's fitness. Cigarettes and oxygen were never meant to share the lungs. Medical fact, he can improve 20% if he stops heavy smoking. Its just a matter of professionalism, you either want to be the best you can be or you can be a heavy smoker and be less than your best. Not preaching, just hoping he quits during the season, the best of Tommy would be best for the club.

I used to watch Tommy when he was a lad in the youths and reserves and even saw him training a few times,about 8-9 years ago,and never saw him smoking....

You normally have to go a whole season to see Tins misplace a pass

Actually it's not the consistency of Tinman's passing that has impressed me for 11-12 years,it's the outstanding through balls....it doesn't suprise me if he misplaces a pass....

Guest LeicesterRed

3:  Phillips at fault for the first goal. Tinnion for the second. You normally have to go a whole season to see Tins misplace a pass and he did it twice today .. the second one nearly led to a goal too.

4:  Brooker didn't win a single thing in the air all day, but we still kept playing high balls to him.

5:  Wednesday were better than us in every department. They pressed hard, denied us space and defended from the front - an excellent tactical performance and their third goal was very well created and taken.

6:  Danny Coles' indiscipline.

My thoughts exactly. No excuses, we were dross.

Have to agree with other posts regarding Sky and thursday`s game. It was always going to happen when football sold its soul out to TV.

One thing though, the team may have played sh!te yesterday, but we`ll all be back watching and supporting them .Hopefully, its just a blip and we`ll be back to winning ways. It may be the kick up the backside we need!!

:wacko:

Guest bristolbred
One  thing  though,  the  team  may  have  played  sh!te yesterday, but  we`ll all  be  back  watching and  supporting them .Hopefully,  its  just  a  blip and  we`ll  be back  to  winning  ways. It  may  be  the  kick  up  the  backside  we  need!!

:dunno:

Well said, my "cheesy!" friend, :wacko:

Even if we fail to go up this year, next year, or the year after, we'll be supporting the team we love, because it's in our blood!!!, :city:

Players, Managers, Chairman, they all come and go, do the right or wrong things,

BUT we will always remain City!!, ;)

And hopefully, we'll always have a forum, to have healthy debate, argument, and fun!!, ;)

CTID. :dunno:

I'm still awaiting to see the quality players the media are obsessed that we have?

Games like yesterday cry out for "quality!"

Murray, Wilkshire, where were you?

Instead of twating around with the ball at the back, perhaps if those sort of players, would actually stand up and be counted, and produce what they are 'kin supposed to do,when the going gets tough, we wouldn't be chasing shadows for 80 odd minutes!

First goal Matt Hill, Phillips? Jeez!

Second goal, Tinns undoing his majestic first touch, in an instant.

Third goal, Dinning giving a player on the six yard line enough time to write out his Xmas cards, turn and score whilst puffing his pipe.

Fourth goal.......I'd lost the will to live. :wacko:

Guest ChrisSWFC
I would another point .

Caldicot Red.

We won because we are better team than you. Yesterday anyway. We dominated apart from about 10 minutes after the sending off. Great save by Lucas from Lita by the way.

You can't blame Thursday's game for the defeat seeing as you rested 6 first teamers. Look at our fixture list, we played 5 league games in 13 days yet we survived.

I hope you are there are thereabouts come the end of the season as the game at Hillsborough should be a cracker. Then again I thought yesterday was going to be a closly fought game... :wacko:

Archived