IGNORED

Liverpool Last Night....won It With "kids"..again

mike11

We have 2 kids,namely Stephen Gillespie and Scott Brown,who ,this time last year were plying their trade with Liverpool and Everton respectively,in the Premier Academy league.

Last night Liverpool played 3 of Gilly,s ex-team-mates..Raven,Potter and Smyth against a near full strength Spurs,away,and won.Of them 3 players ,Raven and Smyth are team -mates of Brown in the current England u20 squad[last season all 3 played for the u19,s in the euro qualifiers.

Although Gilly and Brown were released,you can,t tell me that they have slipped to 3rd division standard in under a year.

So isn,t it about time we started using them on a more regular basis,instead of having them making cameos and wasting away in a sub-standard reserve league?

thoughts?

Guest the knowledge

Seriously why would we want to change too much? Everybody is calling for massive changes but think about with Lita nd Brooker up front we have done very well.

Scott Brown has impressed me but is he any better than Tommy, Dinning or even Orr? Also what is the big fuss about Gillespie - I have to admit from what I have seen of him, he looks a little lightweight at the moment. Again one for the future but why don't we try and keep a settled side.

I know it was frustrating to lose to Swindon (just because their manager and fans(some of them) are idiots) but we played well and should go to Doncaster full of confidence. (How many do you reckon we will take there?)

We know that we will finish in the top six again because of the quality we have and it is just whether we give the players eneough encouragemnt to get into the top two.

Tinnion you are doing alright mate? (A big centre back would be great though - someone who is a natural leader.)

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus
We have 2 kids,namely Stephen Gillespie and Scott Brown,who ,this time last year were plying their trade with Liverpool and Everton respectively,in the Premier Academy league.

Last night Liverpool played 3 of Gilly,s ex-team-mates..Raven,Potter and Smyth against a near full strength Spurs,away,and won.Of them 3 players ,Raven and Smyth are team -mates of Brown in the current England u20 squad[last season all 3 played for the u19,s in the euro qualifiers.

Although Gilly and Brown were released,you can,t tell me that they have slipped to 3rd division standard in under a year.

So isn,t it about time we started using them on a more regular basis,instead of having them making cameos and wasting away in a sub-standard reserve league?

thoughts?

On penalties!! Not in 120 mins

thoughts?

And then when we lose another 3 on the bounce BT will be blamed for putting kids in to start and leaving out experience. We've already been down that path at the start of the season.

Both Brown & Gillespie look like good players who can contribute something this season but they are not the saviors of our season.

We just lost 3 games because a) they were played too close together and not allowing us enough time to recover and prepare & b)we made forced changes for each game due to suspensions & certain players being cup tied. We need to get back to having the settled side we had before this blip and try to get a good run going again.

This next game is going to be a pressure game and a win and strong performance is crucial. I don't think it's wise to put all that on a couple of kids who have just a handful of first team games experience.

Until there is a need to change then stick to what we are doing right now. The only problem areas I would say are right back and left midfield. Until Scott Brown and Steve Gillespie prove themselves by making an impact off the bench REULARLY, I see no pont in changing anything just yet.

I do think Brown can do a better job than Tinnion though. (no, not in managment!!!)

Well both Gillespie and Brown are 20 next birthday, when do they stop being kids, and what age should they be part of the future. Right now their best years are being spent with inactivity. In part because we don't have a reserve team division to play in as we did 40-50 years ago with weekly games. Secondly we don't use our subs imo to any advantage. All season its been subs on 85-90th minute. Both these players are talented and it would be a pity to see them look elsewhere as their careers go nowhere at AG.

I'm amazed that Tinnion should provoke criticism of not giving youth its chance.

His first move on giving the shirts out was to illustrate commitment to a younger player Lita, very much previously a "cameo" player.Orr,Fortune,Ayinsah,Harley,Brown,and Gillespie are all very much of the current picture and I hold no doubt that Tinnion has only one real focus when selecting the team each week and age age or experience is not part of it.....

Oh, on your Liverpool thought, do take note of their next team sheet!

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Raven,Potter,and Smyth will probably end up in the lower leagues anyway....youth doesn't get much chance in the Premiership anymore....and we are Bristol City afterall,we have a great academy and great potential here!

How many clubs in the business can boast as many academy graduates into the first-team as us....? Sometimes under DW we fielded sides that were 80-90% academy products and were always near the top of the league....

Don't think Phillips nor Clist were products of the academy. Clist came from Spurs, Phillips from Poulton.

So thats only 6/11.. still good neverless  :dunno:

Clist played a season of Academy games in 99/00 and went to Spurs from us in the first place!

How old is Phillips and when was the Academy created?

Nice try but has to count as a failure - as I thought!

Clist, Burnell and Brown gone to no better or worse and Woodman and Amankwaah soon to follow.

It has only cost the club about £3 to £5 million depending on who you believe and what enormous fees we have received in return. That kind of money could have seen us in the Championship by now.

We could of very easily been in the Championship by now,we suffered bad luck under DW,it's not an excuse it's the truth....

Archived