IGNORED

Danny Wilson - The Truth Behind Ww Job

brady bunch

The reason will not surprise many on this forum, it was simply MONEY, the board at Wycombe wanted him and he was strongly backed by the fans.

I work in High Wycombe and know someone involved with their club who told me this morning that his demands in salary and contract were many times what they could pay!!!

I think he was on £500k per year at city (cannot be sure if that is right), but I think he is finding out the hard way that few clubs at our level have the deep pockets he needs...

Sorry if this has been on before.

I've heard he was turned down for the Chesterfield job because he lives on the wrong side of town. The board were happy for him to commute, but some fans thought that the ten minute drive to the training ground would have made him a rubbish manager.

I've heard he was turned down for the Chesterfield job because he lives on the wrong side of town. The board were happy for him to commute, but some fans thought that the ten minute drive to the training ground would have made him a rubbish manager.

And it wouldn't have been long before some of the senior players were feeding their 'bits & bats' back through the fans on the Chesterfraud forum!! :P

And it wouldn't have been long before some of the senior players were feeding their 'bits & bats' back through the fans on the Chesterfraud forum!! :P

I didn't know any players kept bats. And why would they want to feed them on the forum - I thought they ate fruit? And are they Mormoopidae or Phyllostomidae? I think we should be told.

God help him if he is ever forced to take a performance related salary.

His family would be walking round potbellied, barefoot and threadbare.  :D

This is very harsh; three of our four years under Danny were good; no-one would have had him sacked last Summer, it was a pity it turned sour in the end.

This is very harsh; three of our four years under Danny were good; no-one would have had him sacked last Summer, it was  a pity it turned sour in the end.

Not true. Quite a few fans were pretty keen for him to go after 3 seasons. I can't say I was particularly delighted when the board gave him a new contract.

This is very harsh; three of our four years under Danny were good; no-one would have had him sacked last Summer, it was  a pity it turned sour in the end.

You're being a bit harsh! Which of the four years didn't make the grade? I thought all of Wilson's years were equally good.

Who are also probably the same people who are calling for Tinman's head after the last 3 games !

You couldn't be wider of the mark. I am quite pleased with Tinman this season. 6th in the league in December is more than I expected.

Quality squad or not (still not convinced we have, I've been hearing it too long) Anyone who thought/thinks we would/should be walking the division is/was having themselves on.

Playoffs would be a huge achievement for Tinman in his first season.

Archived