IGNORED

Agents And Their Fees

cheshire_red

I have heard of a north west 1st Division club being held to ransom by a agent for a five figure fee with regard to the club taking an ageing Premiership fringe player on loan for a month!! The club concerned have refused and the player has not signed and remains out of favour at his club.

This is utter nonsense.

I would very much like Bristol City FC to take a stance with regard to agents.

That the club will not pay any agent a fee in relation to signing, loaning or acting in any negotiations whatsoever for any player including negotiating new contracts with currently contracted players. Should a player wish to pay their agent a cut, a percentage or whatever for negotiating the best possible terms on their behalf then that is their individual perogative.

If all clubs, and their will always be maverick clubs and Chairman, took a similar stance then this blight on the game would reduce significantly.

If BCFC are in a minority so be it, the club, I am sure, would have the backing of their supporters for taking such an initiative.

As I've posted before Junior Agogo was all set to be a Posh player. P'boro' agreed a transfer fee with Barnet and barry fry agreed personal terms with the player. The agent then demanded not a percentage, but an exact fee for his work. Barry thought it was too high and the deal fell through. Presumably the same conditions aplied for the transfer Agogo did make.

Agents will kill clubs quicker than any other problem.

Archived