IGNORED

Woodman

GrahamC

I've never been impressed by Woodman, I don't think we'll miss him as we've got plenty of people who can play the LB role (Bell, Hill, Fortune, Goldbourne to name just 4). Sooner we get Woodman off our ever increasing wage bill the better.

Bell - never really got a look in till Brown got injured - too old.

Hill - prefer him at CB

Fortune - Lefte back - HA!

Goldbourne - Never seen him - cant comment.

However i feel we need Woodman, as i think this season he should be cover for Bell. Hill is playing superb in the middle, i wouldnt want to move him. Get him out on loan for a while, with a recall clause after a month.

Guest Commanding Centre Half

Was I the only one amazed to see him in the 1st eleven in a certain game at the minellium??

Sooner he moves on the better in my opinion.

Bell is quality and Hill is excellent cover. We have plenty of players that can play centre back if Hill moves accross.

Never rated Woodman particulary highly but he did show glimpses of perhaps being able to perform well at this level possibly higher. However, if he doesnt have the right attitude good riddance, we don't need it. And as someone has pointed out it seems Tins is basing this more on his desire and passion playing for Bristol City rather than his ability to perform on the pitch.

Not at all surprised, especially after Tinns' comments last night at the AGM. Bit of a surprise that he 'named and shamed' Woodman but there were also clear references to past players - specifically naming Peacock, inferring Matthews etc. . .

I was also quite pleased at Lansdown's breaking niews re Dinning. Reminded me of Pulis saying that we'd just sold Brennan a few years ago at the AGM.

I don't rate him at all. i think bell is a much better option even though he is a lot older and is slowing down a bit. If the loan is going to help him improve then I'm all for it but i think hes one of the players at this club that can go. That would bring the wage bill down along with another couple of players

Guest fatherdougal

He comes across as a neat player but his appetite for getting involved and getting forward does seem a bit lacking. I'm glad also that Tins has said that little bit about Lee Peacock. Looking back it seems outrageous that he should have occupied that no. 9 slot for so long for such a poor return. If players aren't to feel comfortable as Tins says then we need to see a bit of squad rotation.

Never rated Woodman particulary highly but he did show glimpses of perhaps being able to perform well at this level possibly higher. However, if he doesnt have the right attitude good riddance, we don't need it. And as someone has pointed out it seems Tins is basing this more on his desire and passion playing for Bristol City rather than his ability to perform on the pitch.

I understand what you are saying, but it still surprises me all this has come out so publically. I don't really know much about woodman, he's a bit of a something and nothing player to me. :dunno:

I would have thought his attitude and ability would have been well worked out by the people at the club by now, especially as he came through the achademy. Did I read he also signed a 3 year contract in the summer, was that wilsons choice or Tinnions, I can't remember? What has gone so wrong since then,or is that the problem, 3 years = comfort zone?

good point 3 years = comfort zone... fringe players should be given a 2 year contract at most.  I mean how much do you reckon he is on each week.

I don't know, but that's not really the point. Someone saw he was worth giving a 3 year contract to. Someone was right or wrong. It's none of our business what players do in their spare time but he's not one of the names I usually see mentioned either. :dunno:

Shame really, kind of reminds me of Simon Clist somehow?

3 years = comfort zone?

Think you could of hit the nail on the head there RedM. I always thought he was so ready to play and was always giving 100% in every way to gain a first team place however if Tinman says his attitude at the moment isnt up to scratch then it isnt up to scratch and we don't need that just when our team is coming together so nicely.

3 years = comfort zone - spot on! :dunno:

I'm very very disappointed. Not just because Craig is in my view a neat, tidy and effective player with a great left foot but because I seem to be the only one on this forum who thinks that way! :dunno:

I trust our manager and hope that the very public kick up the backside spurs Craig into bucking up his ideas. Tins has obviously spoken to the lad in private and seeing as there's been no response, has taken the risk of going public. I hope it does the trick and we get back a player that I have for some time thought was one of the best passers in the club.

Good luck Craig, but come back and prove all the doubters wrong.

Guest alex1089

He is a good player when like tins said he has desire he needs confidence and should go to a team doing well in the league two someone like leyton orient or s****horpe. That would do his confidence a lot of good although he should be high on desire here at a big club.

No your not - I think so too

Et moi - but I can also see where Tins is coming from.

He sees him every day at work and I don't but I have noticed Woody is a quiet undemonstrative type off-the-field and basically plays it safe on the pitch too. On the other hand, I also saw his MOTM performance for the academy vs Arsenal a few years ago, a clear demonstration of the potential manager and player must now try to unleash.

Edit: just read the main site and Tins makes

the point about off-pitch quietness. All I would

say about the first three matches of the season

is that the formation we were playing meant that

Woody invariably had none with him on the left

flank; that would have hampered his desire to

get forward.

I am one of those people who have never rated woodman. I think he shys away from two many challenges and is not up for the fight and the scrap which this division is all about. A happy medium between woody and jamie smith would be brilliant! :P

Let him go i say because this scott goulbourne???? sounds like the next best thing and perhaps another darren barnard/jim brennan. City have always bought on good left backs and they say it was because they worked with tinnion who was on the left. With tins now as manager hopefully when bell hangs up his boots then goulbourne can develop under BT.

Those of you who don't rate Woodman and/or don't see his technical ability and undoubted potential are probably the same ones who think Matt Hill is any kind of footballer. Wake up & smell the coffee unless you want to be in division 3 for good!!

BTW Tins has a point re commitment/confidence but that's a 2 way street!

Guest bristolbred
Please God; can he finally stay away permanently this time?

If he comes back with the same attitude as he has now, then who knows??, can't see him being loaned out every month to a different club until the end of the season!!, :dunno:

Archived