IGNORED

An Away Draw

Robbored

1-1 was a good result tonight at Doncaster especially with their impressive home record.

Listening on the radio it sounded as if City were poor in the first half but much better in the second 45.That said either team could have nicked it with Murray hitting the post and Donny having two penalty shouts turned down.

Same level of performance at Blackpool and City should come away with all the points.

1-1 was a good result tonight at Doncaster especially with their impressive home record.

Listening on the radio it sounded as if City were poor in the first half but much better in the second 45.That said either team could have nicked it with Murray hitting the post and Donny having two penalty shouts turned down.

Same level of performance at Blackpool and City should come away with all the pints.

Hopefully not too many pints they will be need to be able to recover for the next game :whistle:

Guest Tactical Genius

I'm not surprised it was not pretty, this is division 3 after all. If it's an expansive, sweeping, passing game that you are after then there are only 3 clubs in the country who can deliver that for you.

The TG doesn't quite understand what people expect on a regular basis at this level.

I'm not surprised it was not pretty, this is division 3 after all. If it's an expansive, sweeping, passing game that you are after then there are only 3 clubs in the country who can deliver that for you.

The TG doesn't quite understand what people expect on a regular basis at this level.

They want champagne football from cider players.

An away draw at Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night is a good result in my opinion, however the true value of this point won't be known until after Saturday's game. If we were say to lose at Blackpool (by the way I'm confident we'll get something from the game), then I would argue that the point gained at Doncaster was not a good result after all.

Listened to the game on Radio Brizzle, seemed like a draw was fair to both teams and that City didn't play particularly well in the 1st half and that the 2nd half performance was much better.

The fact that Bournemouth and Brentford were the only teams near us to pick up points, combined with Howard's sending off for Luton made this a good night for City. Just need Hull & Sheff Wed to draw tonight to make it even better.

Guest Tactical Genius
An away draw at Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night is a good result in my opinion, however the true value of this point won't be known until after Saturday's game. If we were say to lose at Blackpool (by the way I'm confident we'll get something from the game), then I would argue that the point gained at Doncaster was not a good result after all.

Nonsense, any points picked up away from home in midweek are useful points. There are a significantly fewer percentage of away wins on evening games than there are on Saturday afternoons. Added to this is Doncaster's home record this season and that was a good point picked up. If we were to lose at Blackpool that would not be a good result, but it doesn't change the value of last night's point. The true value of which won't be known until 46 games have been played.

Nonsense, any points picked up away from home in midweek are useful points. There are a significantly fewer percentage of away wins on evening games than there are on Saturday afternoons.

There certainly were in League One last night, with only Barnsley winning away from home against ten man Colchester in our division.

Of the other games played last night, only City and Peterborough managed an away draw.

Very good point, felt it could have gone either way second half. Both sides had there fair share of chances so a draw was a fair result. Wasn't to impressed with our 1st 30/35 mins of play but lads seemed to pull there sleeves up once Roberts scored for Donnie.

At least a point made a 3 hour drive home a little easier.

Guest Twin City with En Avant Guingamp

Agree that it would be a good point if we win on saturday, although we really should be winning these games

Guest Tactical Genius
although we really should be winning these games

If the TG was a Doncaster fan, and believe him he thanks the Good Lord every day that he's not, the TG would be thinking "we shouldn't be dropping points at home to these under-achieving big time Charlie's, especially on a Tuesday night".

I'll say this again because some people seem to be having trouble digesting the news. IT WAS A GOOD RESULT.

The TG has spoken his final word on the subject.

The TG has spoken his final word on the subject.

Far be it from me to be so presumptious as to add anything TG, but it is worth pointing out that it was a point gained on the leaders as well.

The other good news from last night was Steve Howard being sent off for violent conduct. An automatic three game ban I believe, which should see him out of the game against us. :whistle:

The Neo doesn't speak in the 3rd voice because the Noe just can't pull it off as well as some :whistle:

The Neo thinks (whoever the hell he is), that a point away from home is always a good result.

However, The Eon believes that there needs to be some away wins as well.

The One knows that history has dictated that an average of 4 points from 2 games is normally auto-form, however, we are below that average by a fair margin. Plus, the Eno's too smart to expect us to win all of our home games.

So, we need a couple of wins on the bounce if it is not to be play-offs yet again.

This is the Neo's last word on the subject prior to removing a rod from his anal passage.

The Neo doesn't speak in the 3rd voice because the Noe just can't pull it off as well as some  :whistle:

The Neo thinks (whoever the hell he is), that a point away from home is always a good result.

However, The Eon believes that there needs to be some away wins as well.

The One knows that history has dictated that an average of 4 points from 2 games is normally auto-form, however, we are below that average by a fair margin.  Plus, the Eno's too smart to expect us to win all of our home games.

So, we need a couple of wins on the bounce if it is not to be play-offs yet again.

This is the Neo's last word on the subject prior to removing a rod from his anal passage.

The DeadRat thinks the Neo should leave the pipe up the back passage

as it is obviously making him talk the sense.

The DeadRat thinks the Neo should leave the pipe up the back passage

as it is obviously making him talk the sense.

The Noe thinks the possibility of auto-promotion has just took another big dent and there is a definite need to average about 2.5 points per game in the next 10 games to make this any sort of a reality.

The Eon wants Sheffield Weds or Swindon in the play-offs :dunno:

Thanks! I'd be happy with a Play-Offs place! God only knows how we'll achieve it though... I have faith but, well we're not getting the results.

Out of interest, is your recently purchased ex-City striker back playing yet or is he still feeling the affects of whiplash?

Archived