IGNORED

Mr. Lansdown....

KingswoodRed

What do we do.... give Tinnion another three seasons as well?

If we're still in this division then obviously not, Wilson was allowed a season too long in my book anyway.

Surely BT deserves at least a season before discussing replacements (as in other threads). I am of the opinion that Tinman will be here for 2 seasons, then (god forbid) we haven't progressed, it's time to rethink.

Having said that, I for one ain't given up on this season yet. I thought top 10 at the start. I now think we can scrape a playoff place. There's alot to be said finishing sixth with a late burst, as opposed to being on a downer having just missed out on auto again!

If people had taken the pre-season sales hype with a pinch of salt. A top 6 finish would, and should be classed as an achievement. I did.

Guest bristolbred

Our recent form is;

W.0 D.3 L.3 F.5 A.10 Pts.3

So we are NOT an in form team about to embark on a winning run!!, :(

Our next 10 games are;

Stockport v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Hartlepool,

Bristol City v Peterborough,

Huddersfield v Bristol City,

Tranmere v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Bradford,

Hartlepool v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Chesterfield,

Hull v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Walsall,

Evenally balanced at 5 home, and 5 away games, but can't see us winning all 10, and getting 30 points, and Huddersfield, Tranmere, Hartlepool, and Hull are a;; going to prove to be stiff opposition, and Stockport are not going to lie down for us to maul them for three points!!, :dunno:

To keep up with the play-off pack, we'll going to need to at least get 18 points from this lot, and hope that elsewhere, other results go our way!!. :city:

It ain't over until the fat lady sings!!, :D

Both Tins and Lansdown stated when Tins was appointed manager that automatic promotion (top 2) was the aim this season. Otherwise why appoint a new manager and sack the old if you are going to accept a worse position?

Tins took over a team that had finished 3rd (by 1 point), yes a few players left or were moved out, but others were brought in. On balance I would say we have stronger squad than last year but we are not using it! The only player I really think we are missing and haven't adequately replaced is Aaron Brown - a bit like Wilson having to do without Murray for most of last season, we never really quite worked out how to play without him.

So why should we give Tins 2-3 years to get promotion, when if Danny had stayed with the same squad we have now nothing other than promotion would have been good enough.

I am not trying to be critical of Tins or say we should have kept Danny, just confused as to why some people seem to think we should accept lower than 3rd position and why not getting promotion this season is acceptable?

.........but we've certainly got some good players worth watching at AG on a Saturday,and it still seems as if this club will take off in the near future! We've got an exciting young manager and Academy lads waiting to break through....

We're top half of the table for ######sake,cheer up,it's Christmas soon

You are getting surreal now. So now we should celebrate the fact that we're in the top half of the table?! What's next on your "reasons to be cheerful" list? Cheer up, at least the pasties in the Williams were warm on Saturday? Cheer up, at least the bloke with the microphone was in good voice on Saturday?

There's nothing wrong with having a positive outlook, but sometimes a healthy dose of cynicism is actually much better for you!

Happy Christmas.

Our recent form is;

W.0  D.3  L.3  F.5  A.10  Pts.3

So we are NOT an in form team about to embark on a winning run!!,  :(

Our next 10 games are;

Stockport v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Hartlepool,

Bristol City v Peterborough,

Huddersfield v Bristol City,

Tranmere v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Bradford,

Hartlepool v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Chesterfield,

Hull v Bristol City,

Bristol City v Walsall,

Evenally balanced at 5 home, and 5 away games, but can't see us winning all 10, and getting 30 points, and Huddersfield, Tranmere, Hartlepool, and Hull are a;; going to prove to be stiff opposition, and Stockport are not going to lie down for us to maul them for three points!!,  :dunno:

To keep up with the play-off pack, we'll going to need to at least get 18 points from this lot, and hope that elsewhere, other results go our way!!.  :city:

It ain't over until the fat lady sings!!,  :D

Thats why 9 points from next 3 games are vital - they are all winnable (sp?) and if were serious about going up we must win them all.

Of the away games above i think we'll be lucky to get two points from the next four after stockport and the home games arent exactly gimmes either.

If the above games go badly season over by mid feburary.

Mr Lansdown finally getting rid of Danny Wilson was a big step forward in my opinion. Why did it take 4 seasons to finally realise why Sheffield Wednesday sacked him !!! Signing Brian Tinnion as manager may have been a low cost option from a business sense but at least he resides in the BCFC catchment area unlike Danny Wilson. Cut Brian Tinnion some slack - give him a chance in what is his first ever year as a football manager.

Both Tins and Lansdown stated when Tins was appointed manager that automatic promotion (top 2) was the aim this season.  Otherwise why appoint a new manager and sack the old if you are going to accept a worse position?

Tins took over a team that had finished 3rd (by 1 point), yes a few players left or were moved out, but others were brought in.  On balance I would say we have stronger squad than last year but we are not using it!  The only player I really think we are missing and haven't adequately replaced is Aaron Brown - a bit like Wilson having to do without Murray for most of last season, we never really quite worked out how to play without him.

So why should we give Tins 2-3 years to get promotion, when if Danny had stayed with the same squad we have now nothing other than promotion would have been good enough.

I am not trying to be critical of Tins or say we should have kept Danny, just confused as to why some people seem to think we should accept lower than 3rd position and why not getting promotion this season is acceptable?

I'm very much in agreement with these sentiments.

DW was (ultimately) sacked for failing to gain promotion. Therefore, it naturally followed that the board sought to appoint someone who, in their opinion, with the resources on offer, would achieve promotion. That person was Brian Tinnion.

There usually isn't a specific timeframe to achieve this goal but BT inherited a squad that was the best defensively in the division and who had missed out on promotion by a single point and who had finished 3rd two seasons running. BT inherited a squad which, to be honest, didn't really have that much wrong with it.

I never believed that DW would have gotten us out of this division and felt that the board were right to relieve him of his duties at that time. However, if the board felt that BT had that little bit extra than DW to make promotion a more achievable goal this year, then why should we accept the current torpor the club finds itself afflicted with and then swallow the board's inevitable 'finding his feet this year' excuse and 'yes, but next year....hit the ground running' etc. We'ren't we supposed to be doing that in August of this year?

Both Tins and Lansdown stated when Tins was appointed manager that automatic promotion (top 2) was the aim this season.  Otherwise why appoint a new manager and sack the old if you are going to accept a worse position?

Tins took over a team that had finished 3rd (by 1 point), yes a few players left or were moved out, but others were brought in.  On balance I would say we have stronger squad than last year but we are not using it!  The only player I really think we are missing and haven't adequately replaced is Aaron Brown - a bit like Wilson having to do without Murray for most of last season, we never really quite worked out how to play without him.

Promotion is acceptable in any form.

But you are spot on - why should we accept anything other than top 2?

To me Tinns has got the time to do it. If we don't get there this season, then we have failed from the TOP.

But failure is NOT an option.

Promotion is acceptable in any form.

But you are spot on - why should we accept anything other than top 2?

To me Tinns has got the time to do it. If we don't get there this season, then we have failed from the TOP.

But failure is NOT an option.

But has it become the acceptable face of Bristol City FC ??????

Failure that is?

This business of "Judge me on Tinnion" seems like a bit of a cop-out. Steve's main job is to make sure the club doesn't go bust. OK. His second task is to employ the best available man for the manager's job. He took the easy option of renewing Danny and then he took the easy option of appointing Brian.

How many managers from outside has he had lined up (in the back of his mind) for the job since he became chairman?

All this talk of doing things the Liverpool way and promoting from within is cobblers. What part of Merseyside is Rafael Benitez from? If you really want to take a leaf from LFC's book, they have never appointed as manager a player from an under-performing third tier club with no first-team managerial experience. Now that Liverpool are "underperforming" (by their standards) even they have looked outside.

Did we?

Archived