IGNORED

Mr. Lansdown....

KingswoodRed

Ok, ok.

Fellow city fans.

How long do you think Mr. Lansdown should be expected to be taken to his words of '...judge me on Tinnion'????

Turning out to be a bit of a long winded thread already.

:dunno:

Your own thoughts on how long the judgement should be taken for?

Your own thoughts on how long the judgement should be taken for?

My opinion on this would be controversial, though it would provoke, I hope, a sensible debate on the last 4 seasons or so. Sadly, there was a distinct lack of sensible debate up to not so long ago, hence my absence from the forum.

However, I am still happy to provoke debate, whilst not necessarily being involved in it if the debate descends into farce.

My opinion on this would be controversial, though it would provoke, I hope, a sensible debate on the last 4 seasons or so. Sadly, there was a distinct lack of sensible debate up to not so long ago, hence my absence from the forum.

However, I am still happy to provoke debate, whilst not necessarily being involved in it if the debate descends into farce.

Lansdown out then?

Tins was probably one match from the sack when the bad start ended but still SL was forced to backtrack on his original words of failing to get promotion is not an option to judge me on my decision to make Tins manager..... well hold tight, I always believed Tins would be a failure at the first attempt and said so from the moment he was appointed and still think he should have gone elsewhere to learn his trade. I also believe DW should have had another season and if given the money Tins had then I think we would now be really challenging for promotion. I know many of you disagree but hey ho, at least I have been consistent all season.

Lansdown out then?

Possibly.

How long does a chairman get in his management decisions compared to a football manager?

I say possibly as in my opinion, there is only one step up as far as chairman are concerned in this type of division. That to me is a chairman/backer willing to plough enough money into a club like BCFC, not only to keep them afloat, but to buy their way out of such a terribly mediocre division that BCFC find themselves in now.

Sadly I do not see such a chairman/backer like this on the horizon.

Tins was probably one match from the sack when the bad start ended but still SL was forced to backtrack on his original words of failing to get promotion is not an option to judge me on my decision to make Tins manager..... well hold tight, I always believed Tins would be a failure at the first attempt and said so from the moment he was appointed and still think he should have gone elsewhere to learn his trade. I also believe DW should have had another season and if given the money Tins had then I think we would now be really challenging for promotion. I know many of you disagree but hey ho, at least I have been consistent all season.

Now you see, I always thought that the reason DW was removed from duties was because of him asking for extra transfer money for the following season....

Tinman comes in, the magical "cost cutting" is talked about and yet we are paying 1/2 million for new players...

Tins was probably one match from the sack when the bad start ended

Presumably by that you mean that you would have sacked him, just to justify your preconception of him. I don't believe that those who have to make that decision for real ever considered it for a second, just as they won't be now. Fortunately they'll take a more realistic, long term view.

I still believe that the play offs at least are very attainable this season. If I were the Chairman, that would be my hope. If we don't go up, then I'd certainly be looking for that to happen next year. I wouldn't be looking to judge the Manager or to be judged myself on my decision to appoint him until the end of next season at the earliest. Danny had four seasons. I'd be astonished if Tins wasn't given time to get it right, and I firmly believe he will.

I still believe that the play offs at least are very attainable this season. If I were the Chairman, that would be my hope. If we don't go up, then I'd certainly be looking for that to happen next year. I wouldn't be looking to judge the Manager or to be judged myself on my decision to appoint him until the end of next season at the earliest.

Dave, I have read many of your posts in the past and have the upmost respect for them, and respect your reply here too.

But.

Wasn't Tinnions appointment made so as BCFC could improve on last seasons efforts, and indeed the 3 seasons before?

With this in mind, wouldn't the chairman be hoping for nothing less than 1st or 2nd spot?

I am just wondering how many seasons (irrelevent of who is manager) BCFC fans have to wait for a promotion of any kind?

You simply cannot take a team to within one place of promotion, sack the manager, and then keep using the smae excuse that the incoming manager has to be given time.

By definition, this would become an eternal loop.

Groundhog day no less.

Guest LeicesterRed

Tins won`t be going anywhere. I wouldn`t imagine after all the recent signings that there is much money to go around to

a) Pay compensation to the sacked manager

b) Tempt a new manager in.

I didn`t get down for the match today, and by the looks of some of the threads on here i`m pleased i didn`t. But only a few weeks ago we were flying high. I don`t think we`ll get promoted now, but Tins has got to be given a decent time period which will probably be for 2 seasons i would think. He deserves that for being the loyal servant he is to the club. i never did think Tinman was the right option, but he`s here in the hot seat and we should back him.

Just my opinion.

I thought there were some comments made at the point of appointment as well?

Does this also count as un-wanted pressure on Tinnion?

Luton 22 48 19 42 2-1 FT v Bristol City

Hull 22 44 14 44 6-1 FT v Tranmere

Tranmere 22 41 4 33 1-6 FT v Hull

Bournemouth 22 37 10 37 2-1 FT v Swindon

Brentford 22 37 0 27 1-0 FT v Colchester

Bradford 22 36 1 33 1-0 FT v Huddersfield

Hartlepool 22 35 2 38 5-1 FT v Wrexham

Chesterfield 22 34 5 28 1-1 FT v Torquay

Bristol City 22 32 9 41 1-2 FT v Luton

Remind me where Wilson fiished in his first season? It's December people, not April.

Luton  22 48 19 42 2-1 FT  v Bristol City

Hull  22 44 14 44 6-1 FT  v Tranmere

Tranmere  22 41 4 33 1-6 FT  v Hull

Bournemouth  22 37 10 37 2-1 FT  v Swindon

Brentford  22 37 0 27 1-0 FT  v Colchester

Bradford  22 36 1 33 1-0 FT  v Huddersfield

Hartlepool  22 35 2 38 5-1 FT  v Wrexham

Chesterfield  22 34 5 28 1-1 FT  v Torquay

Bristol City  22 32 9 41 1-2 FT  v Luton

Remind me where Wilson fiished in his first season? It's December people, not April.

He got the sack didn't he :dunno: what is the point of talking about him?

What do we do.... give Tinnion another three seasons as well?

Whatever happens this season I believe Mr Lansdown will stand by Tinns. The first 5/6 matches were a joke but since then personally I've really enjoyed watching what Tins is trying to do and support him 100%.I agree with Colin Sextone that the club as a whole is going the right way from off pitch to acedemy to 1st team, this league seems to be unique and a pig to get out for some sides as Stoke found before us and Sheff Wed will find out after us

We're only 5 points off 4th for ######sake! Stop worrying  :D

What good is 4th place? Finishing fourth means we stage yet another failed attempt at the play-offs.

And, by the way, we are ACTUALLY in 10th place, so it's bleedin' irrelevant how many points we are away from 4th place! How many points are we away from 17th place? About 5 points or so??

Guest bristolbred

IF Steve L. was to resign, what type of person would want to be Chairman of such a fickle little club??, :dunno:

Where would any future investment come from, what direction would the club go in, what development would go on at BS3??, :city:

I said after Tinn's was appointed, he should be given the same length of time that was afforded to Danny Wilson, in which to build a squad strong enough to get into the Championship, and to remain in there!!, :o

Look at Danny Wilson, one game in charge at M.K. Don's, they won, he was the new Messiah, yet they lost their next game!!!, so, so much for experiance, as in the modern game, it don't amount to much!!!, ;)

Judgement should be reserved until May, when we can all look back and say where the season was won or lost!!, :blink:

Last Saturday, we were beaten by the probable Division winners, who were more hungry for the win than we were, and in the process, proved that they were not a one man team, so we should learn from that game, that Lita isn't the man who's going to score goals and win's every game!!, :o , and that the midfield should be providing the forwards, and our goalie should be commanding his box and defenders more!!!, ;)

We'll go up eventually, probably in smoke!!, :( if not this season, maybe next!!, :D

The future is bright, but not quite around the corner!!, ;)

:city:

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
Finishing fourth

Who said anything about that?

Earlier in the season we were lower than we are now,but got into the top 6 before long and it wasn't long ago we were in the top 6....this time last season we were lower than we are now,but ended up top of the league by February and a just point off automatic promotion come the end of the season....

It's not even Christmas yet! :D

Who said anything about that?

Earlier in the season we were lower than we are now,but got into the top 6 before long and it wasn't long ago we were in the top 6....this time last season we were lower than we are now,but ended up top of the league by February and a just point off automatic promotion come the end of the season....

Er no we weren't. We were 6th this time last year - two points better off than we are now and embarking on an 11 match winning run.

Now if BT can produce something like that again fair play to him but realistically it aint going to happen - the way we are sliding again now the season could be over by mid february.

9 points out of 9 over xmas required to a) soften the blow of what will be a very difficult january and b) put some confidence back into players and supporters that we can compete and win at this level - anything less and we may miss out completely this year.

My friend, only a fool would think that City are still in with a chance of automatic promotion this season. We are too far behind the top two, even allowing for all the games which are left. It's play-offs at best for us this season - frankly, the way we are playing at the moment will see us struggle to finish in the top ten let alone the top six.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
My friend, only a fool would think that City are still in with a chance of automatic promotion this season.

Where did I say that??

If you look back at my posts over the past 4-5 months I've clearly stated that I don't think we'll reach the play-offs this season and neither should we be expected to after losing our best players in the summer and with it being Tinman's first season of his (hopefully long and successful) managerial career....but we've certainly got some good players worth watching at AG on a Saturday,and it still seems as if this club will take off in the near future! We've got an exciting young manager and Academy lads waiting to break through....

We're top half of the table for ######sake,cheer up,it's Christmas soon :D

Archived