IGNORED

Wilkshire's Yellow Card

sambessey

Having spend almost all of the past 18 months in either York or Sheffield, I was pleasantly suprised to discover that the Luton match would be my first chance to see City for quite some time (since cardiff infact).

I was sat right at the front of the Atyeo stand by the corner flag. I was disgusted that not only was a fowl was given against him for that brilliant sliding tackle on the Luton player, but the referee booked him for it as well!

The linesman had a much better view of it that the referee, and didn't even say anything!

The officials in this league are a joke :dunno:

He did yes but he took all of the ball, the player was caught by a clip of his trailing leg i think.

The ref would have deemed it a two footer then I guess. Considering Wilkshire had gone down immediately before that and wanted a freekick, guess ref saw it as a revenge tackle :dunno:

If Wilkshire had crossed it 1st time instead of holding up the play who knows what would have happened....

Having spend almost all of the past 18 months in either York or Sheffield, I was pleasantly suprised to discover that the Luton match would be my first chance to see City for quite some time (since cardiff infact).

I was sat right at the front of the Atyeo stand by the corner flag. I was disgusted that not only was a fowl was given against him for that brilliant sliding tackle on the Luton player, but the referee booked him for it as well!

The linesman had a much better view of it that the referee, and didn't even say anything!

The officials in this league are a joke :dunno:

Can't believe the ref only booked him - he went in two footed from several yards and by the laws of the game should have been sent off, he was very lucky to stay on as was Brooker

Can't believe the ref only booked him - he went in two footed from several yards and by the laws of the game should have been sent off, he was very lucky to stay on as was Brooker

There you go, contrasting opinions. From my vantage point I thought it was a two footer and was thinking "crikey, that's luke off!"

Archived