IGNORED

City Should Take A Look At Bristol Rugby

just like watching brazil

just come back from the minimal ground,and tinman and co should go down and take a look at them.there is a team that showed great commitment,bottle,courage,

and has a great team spirit with a good coach.I was on the edge of my seat for the whole 100 mins unlike yesterday at times i was falling asleep,they were not afraid to get stuck into dallaglio and co unlike our defenders.

wow, what a club, even if they finish first they won't get promotion because they don't have their own ground - sold it to the gas for a quid wasn't it and if they play on a proper pitch they ruin it with silly painted lines and wanting long grass

In fairness, what sort of a club are we? One which thinks it has a divine right to be in the Premiership and yet cannot even spend it's way out of the "Third Division" despite getting two to three times the gate of most of it's competitors. And which loses £1million plus every year. And grossly overpays very average professional footballers. And is reliant on Directors not to call in their loans which are being paid back at 2-3% above Barclays base rate and are secured on Ashton Gate.

Not particularly impressive is it?

we are a laughing stock, at the end of the day when we lose to teams who are about the same class that play in schoolboy leagues, however upset and angry i am, i always end up and having a chuckle its a bit like tottenham who are supposed to get in to europe every season.

I say they should stop spending money and use some of the players who actually care about city, like me, i should start next game.

Well this has gone on long enough and casualty's on so i am going to watch that, do you i know charlie's son and he is actually called charlie.

just come back from the minimal ground,and tinman and co should go down and take a look at them.there is a team that showed great commitment,bottle,courage,

and has a great team spirit with a good coach.I was on the edge of my seat for the whole 100 mins unlike yesterday at times i was falling asleep,they were not afraid to get stuck into dallaglio and co unlike our defenders.

Yep and if we'd been playing the european champions yesterday we'd have shown exactly the sort of qualities you're talking about and put in a magnificant performance before gallanty succombing to superior opposition.

thing is we weren't and thats our problem - we seem to have the attitude that the likes of Luton aren't worthy to be on the same pitch of us and just think we have a divine right to beat them - hence you get the uninspiring gutless spineless crap that we watched yesterday.

In fairness, what sort of a club are we? One which thinks it has a divine right to be in the Premiership and yet cannot even spend it's way out of the "Third Division" despite getting two to three times the gate of most of it's competitors. And which loses £1million plus every year. And grossly overpays very average professional footballers. And is reliant on Directors not to call in their loans which are being paid back at 2-3% above Barclays base rate and are secured on Ashton Gate.

How u know this :D

Sorry this was addressed to Greebo

How many times do people bring this up. The facts aren't that simplistic. I don't think you would get many offers from these banks to finance any loan to Bristol City. It isn't a matter of us shopping around for the best deal. We have to take what we can get.

How many times do people bring this up. The facts aren't that simplistic. I don't think you would get many offers from these banks to finance any loan to Bristol City. It isn't a matter of us shopping around for the best deal. We have to take what we can get.

My point has nothing to do with whether we have loans on the best deal. More the fact that as a club we are in a bit of a mess at the moment, paying vastly inflated salaries in relation to both our income and the return given to us by the management and players, thus losing money hand over fist every year.

Therefore it is a little bit rich, in my opinion of course, for some of our supporters to have a pop at the Rugby Club who at least manage to provide Top Level Sport to the Bristol public every once in a while.

Guest east_dundry_red
wow, what a club, even if they finish first they won't get promotion because they don't have their own ground - sold it to the gas for a quid wasn't it and if they play on a proper pitch they ruin it with silly painted lines and wanting long grass

If they finish first they are GARANTEED promotion and the RFU have told them this is the past 2 weeks.

Good point - Bristol City FC should take a look at the way Bristol Rugby is run. Bristol Rugby had their ground literally stolen from them by the Gas. Bristol Rugby had Martin Pearce - their former Chairman - pull out leaving them almost bankrupt. Bristol Rugby have come back from all these upsets to almost beat Wasps in the cup. Wasps are one of the finest Premiership rugby union sides in this country and Div 1 Bristol gave them a real fright on Sunday. Mind you we did almost beat Everton in the cup :P

My point has nothing to do with whether we have loans on the best deal. More the fact that as a club we are in a bit of a mess at the moment, paying vastly inflated salaries in relation to both our income and the return given to us by the management and players, thus losing money hand over fist every year.

Therefore it is a little bit rich, in my opinion of course, for some of our supporters to have a pop at the Rugby Club who at least manage to provide Top Level Sport to the Bristol public every once in a while.

Fair enough, it's just something I keep hearing banded around.

As for the rugby, city should take a leaf out of their books as they all seem to want to play for each other. Something we sorely miss! The play with pride and passion.

My only problem with the rugby is the location!

How about they also have a look at the other "club" in Bristol that has been doing rather well in recent seasons and have just managed to but back their own ground.

A trophy again this year, managed to stay in League One of the Championship and this was after losing the two star players. A team made up of talented individuals all playing for each other and not one big time charlie who can't be arsed.

Arise Sir Mark Alleyne, you shall be awarded the freedom of Bristol - Tins pick up the phone and find out how being a player & manager is really done.

Shhhh, don't you know that you're not allowed to criticise the Directors? Even though they are the people who have allowed this club to get into the state it's in, they are above criticism............... :D

Wasps had plenty of players rested, but hey, i see what your saying.

To get out of this division needs a good team spirit and a bunch of grafters. They way in which plymouth showed, and luton are showing it now, play for the shirt, the fans and each other. Grind out the results week in week out.

Bristol should never have got relegated, and nor should we of. But they have improved and are sitting pretty at the top, we are mid table. and in all honesty, we deserve to be.

How can you inherit a debt when you buy a stadium? Surely a stadium is an asset, not a debt!  :laugh:

Think again dumbass. You buy the asset and if any debt comes with it, you inherit it also. It's like buying a car with money outstanding due on it, if you take the car on, you also take on the outstanding payments!

Think again dumbass.  You buy the asset and if any debt comes with it,  you inherit it also.  It's like buying a car with money outstanding due on it,  if you take the car on,  you also take on the outstanding payments!

Thank you for calling me "dumbass", I really appreciate it.

So, if I buy a house from somebody and they have £100k outstanding on their mortgage, I have to pay their mortgage debt as well as my own? :laugh:

Thank you for calling me "dumbass", I really appreciate it. 

So, if I buy a house from somebody and they have £100k outstanding on their mortgage, I have to pay their mortgage debt as well as my own?  :laugh:

Yep. The total debt on the house needs to be paid (by whoever is the current owner). You don't honestly believe that you can just write off a debt of say £100,000 owing on a Ferrari just because you're the new owner do you? Somewhere along the line, the outstanding debt needs to be paid back to the lender. If you take on the property, you have to take on the outstanding debt along with it.

Archived