IGNORED

Matt Hill

TomBCFCUK

Guest longercidered

matty hill is a quality player. hes one of our best defenders.he might keep hoofing it but he can win headers and he knows how to tackle. unlike fortune hes tall yea but he wont tackle as it is to much of a risk of an injury and heading is terrible.

one matty hill, theres only one matty hill, one matty hill.

Guest Princess Bananahammer
matty hill is a quality player. hes one of our best defenders.he might keep hoofing it but he can win headers and he knows how to tackle. unlike fortune hes tall yea but he wont tackle as it is to much of a risk of an injury and heading is terrible.

one matty hill, theres only one matty hill, one matty hill.

I do agree Matthew is quality and you must remember he wasn't in Tinnions starting line up in the begining if it wasn't for illness he wouldn't have been playing today... So how would blame him if he goes where he is wanted anyway he will be with his old mate Aaron Brown..... Happy 2005 Matthew hope it brings you everything good xx

thought i had but can't find it so here is my reply again.

If the rumour is true I really don't blame Matthew moving clubs he is a top quality player cast your mind back to the beginning of the season when Tins took over and he named his team Matty wasn't mentioned. so who blames him looking to find a team that really wants him so I say Happy New Year Matthew I hope it brings you and your family every thing good ... xx

I know what you mean, just IMO 200k is a decent price for him.

I have it on very good authority it's half that amount, 50k then a further 50k later when he plays so many games?.

They got a bargin if it's true,and if it happens, which should be within the next week, but the information source is a good one.

I like Matt, he works hard EVERY match, yes he gets it wrong now and again, but don't they all?. At least he comes out always looking like he wants to win.

If QPR have 200,000k surely they would bid for transfer listed Nelson. Pooles rejected Hulls 100,000 bid.OK heres the double plan. We sell Hill for the 200,000, we buy Nelson for 150,000, with the 50,000 profit covering the loss on Goody who goes to Swansea for 30,000. Not a bad weeks work, and we need excitement for the forum.

If QPR have 200,000k surely they would bid for transfer listed Nelson. Pooles rejected Hulls 100,000 bid.OK heres the double plan. We sell Hill for the 200,000, we buy Nelson for 150,000, with the 50,000 profit covering the loss on Goody who goes to Swansea for 30,000. Not a bad weeks work, and we need excitement for the forum.

If Hill goes to QPR, Butler goes to a dental surgeon. To re-attach teeth to the jawbone is usually a 2 week experience + Butler is slowing down. Nelson would be a good acquisition for our promotion plans, no grey hair labrador and white stick to worry about.

I have it on very good authority it's half that amount, 50k then a further 50k later when he plays so many games?.

They got a bargin if it's true,and if it happens, which should be within the next week, but the information source is a good one.

I like Matt, he works hard EVERY match, yes he gets it wrong now and again, but don't they all?. At least he comes out always looking like he wants to win.

Where do you get you info from you do seem to have right figures somehow.

If it does happen, you heard it here first.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...78entry150778

That's an awfully slow conversation from July,must have a lot of tricky points to iron out.

I hope he stays,he tries 100%,and he's Bristle.

Then again,if we could get someone better than Hill,or Coles,Smith,or Butler then we should.

IMO Matt Hill can be a bit of a liability. He makes too many costly mistakes. I do not fault his attitude or work rate but I think he is not comfortable enough on the ball, nor as solid as gummy Butler. Fortune won just about everything in the air on Saturday when he came on, and his control is good. With more 'steel' in his play he could become a very good central defender.

Compared with Smith, Coles, Fortune, Butler and Bell I think Hill's all round play is inferior, so if a deal can be done that benefits club and player and gives us some money to spend elsewhere then it a makes sense.

:clap:

I think folk forget (yet again) that Bristol City are not a Championship or Premiership side. £200,000 is a good price for a defender or any player at this level, end of story. I will be thrown the "Jon Stead Factor" as he was sold to Blackburn for a million.

01) Scored a lot this season hasn't he!

02) Graeme Souness!

Take the money and run.

thought i had but can't find it so here is my reply again.

If the rumour is true I really don't blame Matthew moving clubs he is a top quality player cast your mind back to the beginning of the season when Tins took over and he named his team Matty wasn't mentioned. so who blames him looking to find a team that really wants him so I say Happy New Year Matthew I hope it brings you and your family every thing good ...  xx

RUMOUR IS TRUE NOW ON MAIN SITE :clap: LOOKS LIKE HES OFF :clap: now bring in Nelson :clap:

200k is loads when most clubs are now made from free signings!

Ipswich recently paid 250k for a 30 year old so I'd be very disappointed if we didn't hold out for a lot more than 200k for a lad still to reach his peak years. We can't go on selling low and buying high.

Gutted. I really rate Matt Hill however I agree with Rich TGSC that £200k for a league one player is a good price as the transfer market is really poor at the moment.

We do however, need to invest this in a replacement as although a player like Mickey Bell could slot into that position, he won't be around much longer (playing wise that is).

If he does go and it looks like it, the very best of luck matty and hopefully we will meet again next season, although I feel if we do it will be in a cup!

MM

So that means tofay we will probably have a defence of Smith, Coles Fortune and Bell.

With the £100k we should really try and bring in another defender as Butler may be out for 6-8 weeks.

Nelson is probably our best option but as someone else said Ben Futcher of Lincoln (?) is a good option and a big option at 6'8"

Matty was our player of the year a couple of years ago. He is a legend, he tries harder than anyone else on the pitch and is one of our best players. I don't want to see him go anywhere. It is brilliant having players come up through the system and play because he is 100% up for city.

If he went we would miss him, no doubt. As some people have been mentioning, Michael Nelson would be a great replacement, if we signed him, i wouldn't be so bothered about Matty going. But to hear some of the comments slagging him off, when he is one of our most commited and passionate players, is absolutely ridiculous. Of course he isn't perfect, nobody is at this level, but no way do i WANT him to go. I want him to stay 100%.

I have a lot of time for Matty Hill he's been one of our better players this year always gives 100%, he's had some great games at centre half competing with guys seemingly double his size I feel Matty plays above himself most weeks unlike certain other players who in my opinion have let their standards drop.

But long term do I think Matty can replace Mickey Bell no , there's better out there and maybe better coming through the ranks. Do I think Matty is the answer long term at centre half no I don't, we need a Nelson type figure to replace Buts and Colesy and Clayton are the way ahead for me.

If Matty stays great top bloke, if he goes and we get 100,000 plus then I have no complaints either.

Surely we can't seriously be contemplating losing another player at this time. We have an epidemic of flu, one of our centre halves has been ruled out for at least a few weeks and aren't exactly over run with good centre backs coming through the ranks (yet).

Surely it would be the wrong time to sell Matt, unless we have deals waiting to be completed if this goes through (and hopefully not for another striker)

I'd be genuinely gutted if Matty left, he's grown into a good little player. I wouldn't sell him even if the price was 200k he's worth more than that!

Matt's got a great attitude and works his socks off. He has an alright cross on him when he gets it right and is incredibly fast - superb all round player. I know that many of you won't like him because of his poor distribution but you cannot fault him for trying to correct and improve that part of his game and I am always happier when he's in the team.

It would quite frankley take the p*** is QPR nicked him - our best defender IMO.

I'm annoyed now. :clap:

I'd be genuinely gutted if Matty left, he's grown into a good little player. I wouldn't sell him even if the price was 200k he's worth more than that!

Matt's got a great attitude and works his socks off. He has an alright cross on him when he gets it right and is incredibly fast - superb all round player. I know  that many of you won't like him because of his poor distribution but you cannot fault him for trying to correct and improve that part of his game and I am always happier when he's in the team.

It would quite frankley take the p*** is QPR nicked him - our best defender IMO.

I'm annoyed now.  :clap:

If he wants to move on as he sees that we arent going anywhere or he wants to move on to test himself higher up or even if the club want the money to invest in another player then fair play to all I guess.

I'm not happy about it either, but that's football (the two word answer to everything).

I've heard a rumour that we're going after Henderson again (Yes another striker).

If this transfer does go through then we need a replacement ASAP, because as mentioned above we are starting to look very slim on the ground where defenders are concerned. Nelson would be a good signing but could we afford it? Haven't Hartlepool recently rejected a £100k offer for him? Other than that another option would be to bring somebody in on loan for a few months with a view to a permanent signing.

Having said that though if the other rumour I've heard is true then the possible problem in defence could be sorted very quickly :clap:

Archived