IGNORED

Matt Hill - Good Riddance!

brady bunch

Yes, yes I know he is a good defender, BUT he gives too many penualties, is frankly clueless over the halfway line, add to this when he clears the ball he shuts his eyes and hopes for the best - I for one say good riddance.

100k will by us a better defender (as someone has already mentioned)

I know he is not sold yet, but when he is I am happy to drive him up to QPR free of charge!!

Yes, yes I know he is a good defender, BUT he gives too many penualties, is.....

I've never seen him give away any penualties.

I think he's a good player and has been a solid defender for us. However, every player has his price and with our current squad, I would say £100k was good business.

If he doesn't go, I would be glad to see him back in the team. Even if he does give away too many penalties.

Matty works his socks off for 90 minutes every match and IMO is a great player to have in your team. He's incredibly quick for a defender and reminds me of Ashely Cole.... ( :P )

100k will NOT buy us a better defender and I don't see why Scotty Golbourne can't be given a chance if Matty goes... England U17's not good enough for us?

I wouldn't blame him if he left - everybody wants to get to as high a level as possible in whatever job they do, but I do think he'd be missed... A LOT!

The 1st goal against Sheff Weds was his fault and so was the last against Luton. He is prone to mistakes and has, in the past, given away daft penalties (including one against QPR!!!). He does try hard but can't really pass or shoot so if he's got too big for his boots, which it sounds like he has, then he can go. After all, he's been in the team for the last 3 years or so and we're still in the same division.

He's incredibly quick for a defender and reminds me of Ashely Cole....
Yeah, they are both black with short hair! But that's it! :laugh:

Yes, yes I know he is a good defender, BUT he gives too many penualties, is frankly clueless over the halfway line, add to this when he clears the ball he shuts his eyes and hopes for the best - I for one say good riddance.

100k will by us a better defender (as someone has already mentioned)

This sounds like Danny Coles to me- have you got the right man??? :laugh:

I have no doubt that Tinnion and Lansdown would love to keep Matty Hill at City, the problem being the clause which ensures we have no control over whether or not he goes.

Hill has only EVER given 100 % everytime for City and I'd sooner we kept players like him and got rid of big time charlie's like Danny Coles who thinks he's the muts nuts.

I really hope he stays, but fair play to him if he decides to go - he won't be out of place in a decent Championship side.

I have no doubt that Tinnion and Lansdown would love to keep Matty Hill at City, the problem being the clause which ensures we have no control over whether or not he goes.

We may have no control but according to QPR we can move the goalposts!

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/N...~608565,00.html

They aren't very happy as it seems there is disagreement over the sell on fee being increased, after verbally agreeing the bid! Allegedly!

You may as well say good riddance to the whole team then because in each and every role, every single one has made a mistake this season.

Depending on what position they play, some more costly than others.

Lets all look at the bigger picture. QPR are sitting in 13th place in the Championship and 11 points from relegation therefore unlikely to drop. If Matty wants to play at a higher level and get more money for his short playing career then good luck to him and any other player that wants to.

Some work out and some don't but I rate Matt Hill and think he will do well in the Championship.

Lets face it, it may be a while before we're there.

MM

Who was the last first team player who left on amicible terms with the City fans?

Liam Rosenoir - Attitute problem never liked him

Lee Peacock - Never liked him, good riddance

Louis Carey - Never liked him, good riddance

Christian Roberts (50%) - Never liked him, good riddance

Matty Hill - Rubbish, Never liked him, good riddance

And the latter hasn't even left yet!

Guest Tactical Genius
Matty works his socks off for 90 minutes every match and IMO is a great player to have in your team. He's incredibly quick for a defender and reminds me of Ashely Cole.... ( :P )

In what way? Hill isn't a nasty vindictive fouler, whilst Cole can control and pass the football.

Apart from both being short left footed defenders and black, I'd say there was little resemblance.

Who was the last first team player who left on amicible terms with the City fans?

Liam Rosenoir - Attitute problem never liked him

Lee Peacock - Never liked him, good riddance

Louis Carey - Never liked him, good riddance

Christian Roberts (50%) - Never liked him, good riddance

Matty Hill - Rubbish, Never liked him, good riddance

And the latter hasn't even left yet!

Is this your opinion only or is it meant to represent the views of all City fans?.

Apart from Christian Roberts(who I was glad to see go),and Lee Peacock(who was our best striker until Leroy Lita got a chance,and we signed better strikers), I was sorry to see the others go and have no animosity towards them,particularly Matthew Hill,I hope he stays but if not I wish him all the best for the future.

Just hope if he does go we get a superior replacement,we'll need one.

You gotta get over it,life goes on

Is this your opinion only or is it meant to represent the views of all City fans?.

Apart from Christian Roberts(who I was glad to see go),and Lee Peacock(who was our best striker until Leroy Lita got a chance,and we signed better strikers), I was sorry to see the others go and have no animosity towards them,particularly Matthew Hill,I hope he stays but if not I wish him all the best for the future.

Just hope if he does go we get a superior replacement,we'll need one.

You gotta get over it,life goes on

Well, its my opinion on the basis of reading this forum for about a year now (just over half a year an active poster).

The overwhelming majority of the posts seem to forget the good moments the departing players did during their stint at your club.

Take a player like Phillips... I can almost guarentee the majoirty of the views will be "YES HE'S GONE" instead of those "Remember that save..."

As we all know I'm not a Bristol City fan... I am not trying to know what Bristol City fans think, just trying to understand the situation and by what I read on this forum, this is what I gather!!!!

Well, its my opinion on the basis of reading this forum for about a year now (just over half a year an active poster).

The overwhelming majority of the posts seem to forget the good moments the departing players did during their stint at your club.

Take a player like Phillips... I can almost guarentee the majoirty of the views will be "YES HE'S GONE" instead of those "Remember that save..."

As we all know I'm not a Bristol City fan... I am not trying to know what Bristol City fans think, just trying to understand the situation and by what I read on this forum, this is what I gather!!!!

A wise man once said-"don't believe everything you read"-too true.

There is no substitute for watching the games in person,it's the only way you can get a balanced perspective,thereby enabling you to post your 'own' views.

I don't watch every City game,am not super-fan,but I'd rather support than moan when I can.

If a player or situation warrants it then I'll voice my opinion but from experience you'll always get the miserable,downers posting more than the upbeats.Hence IF Phillips ever went(what do you know),you might be right,but I certainly wouldn't slag him off or bear a grudge.

Maybe look at the bigger picture,two sides to every story etc.

You can't generalise the views of all City fans by what you read on the forum,a lot of them are individuals,a lot are friends with the same views(baaaa)only joking!.

I generally appreciate your comments but we have enough downers on here commenting about how bad the side,management,fans are without input from a Swindle fan who's only knowledge of Bristol City is input gathered from the forum.

Stay positive.

To clarify a few points:

I have nothing against Hill for wanting to go nor did I say that(be it for more money or higher league club).

My point is I am happy for him to go as our overall team strength will not really be weakened. IMO he is not the player others make him out to be, he does make mistakes and gives away far too many pen's (the second is a statiscal fact).

His salary costs combined with £100k will enable BT to strengthen the side where we actually need it.

To clarify a few points:

I have nothing against Hill for wanting to go nor did I say that(be it for more money or higher league club).

My point is I am happy for him to go as our overall team strength will not really be weakened. IMO he is not the player others make him out to be, he does make mistakes and gives away far too many pen's (the second is a statiscal fact).

His salary costs combined with £100k will enable BT to strengthen the side where we actually need it.

Sorry mate but I think you are way off the mark.

1) he is a first team player, therefore our team strength WILL weaken if he goes.

2) there is a reason that QPR are willing to pay £100k for Hill and that is because he is a very strong defender who doesn't make many mistakes.

3) who else is better at City in his position?

4) he gives away penalties? So does Danny Coles (erm play-off final!) and Butler has this season with a cynical foul at Walsall. Oh and Jamie Smith! How many has Hill given away recently? You better run off and find those stats you were on about!

5) if Hill decides to go then we won't be able to strengthen the team in new positions because we'll need a new flippin' left back for starters!

3) who else is better at City in his position?

4) he gives away penalties? So does Danny Coles (erm play-off final!) and Butler has this season with a cynical foul at Walsall. Oh and Jamie Smith! How many has Hill given away recently? You better run off and find those stats you were on about!

You make a few good points, but my thoughts are these.

What is his position, he is a centre back I think and I would have butler, coles and fortune in front of him in that role (Hill is okay in the air, but the others have a big height advantage, that can be used not only to defend, but to attack on set pieces).

He has actually been played out of position at leftback, where his poor distribution, crossing and inter play with the midfield has been exposed.

They only person who comes close to his pens/played ratio is Jamie Smith (who has a worse record, but nobody is going to pay us £100k for Smith!). Coles and Butler have given a few, but are not in the same league as Hill for this.

You make a few good points, but my thoughts are these.

What is his position, he is a centre back I think and I would have butler, coles and fortune in front of him in that role (Hill is okay in the air, but the others have a big height advantage, that can be used not only to defend, but to attack on set pieces).

He has actually been played out of position at leftback, where his poor distribution, crossing and inter play with the midfield has been exposed.

They only person who comes close to his pens/played ratio is Jamie Smith (who has a worse record, but nobody is going to pay us £100k for Smith!). Coles and Butler have given a few, but are not in the same league as Hill for this.

Yes he is a centre back but as with Fortune he is also able to play left back. When Mickey does get knackered, injured and off form we have someone who can play at that position.

With Butler injured we really need to make sure we don't cock this up and not have his replacement ready.

So what are the stats for penalties conceeded?

In what way? Hill isn't a nasty vindictive fouler, whilst Cole can control and pass the football.

Apart from both being short left footed defenders and black, I'd say there was little resemblance.

Did the sticking out tongue smiley not emphasise the sarcasm intended in my comment? :(

Ashley Cole has to be up there in my favourite players in the world and is certainly the best Left sided defender I have ever seen. Funny as it may seem, I do not think that Matthew Hill is even on the same ball park as Ashley Cole.

Take a joke eh? :laugh::dunno:

Did the sticking out tongue smiley not emphasise the sarcasm intended in my comment?  :(

Ashley Cole has to be up there in my favourite players in the world and is certainly the best Left sided midfielder I have ever seen. Funny as it may seem, I do not think that Matthew Hill is even on the same ball park as Ashley Cole.

Take a joke eh?  :laugh:  :dunno:

Midfielder|??

Well...sorry...but my opinion is that I am sad to see him go, but wish him all the very best in his future career.

The kid has been a credit to the club, and was one of very few players to play the game with a smile on his face..

Can you imagine how some of the players would have reacted to missing out on two LDV finals? They would have spat their dummies out big time for just one of them.

Good luck Matt, and thanks for all your hard work

Well...sorry...but my opinion is that I am sad to see him go, but wish him all the very best in his future career.

The kid has been a credit to the club, and was one of very few players to play the game with a smile on his face..

Can you imagine how some of the players would have reacted to missing out on two LDV finals? They would have spat their dummies out big time for just one of them.

Good luck Matt, and thanks for all your hard work

Well said. Especially the second comment, you'll never find another guy like that who is so obviously playing the game because he enjoys it.

He has always worn his heart on his sleeve and I remember at one game when he scored an equaliser (can't remember who we were against) the sheer joy on his face was totally genuine and I remember feeling extra specially happy for him.

I hope to see him go from strength to strength when/if he leaves and I desperatley want the guy to do well.

Top defender whose limitations only become apparent when he has to try to become the playmaker instead of an out and out defender.

I for one will miss watching him out sprint most players and out jump even the very tallest.

I also will miss one of the few footballers these days who play with a smile on their faces. A genuine guy who clearly loves playing the game. :laugh:

Cole can control and pass the football.

You cant have seen us this season then. Coles has been awful so far this season and i'd much prefer him go then matt hill, at least we know hill aint got a big head and thinks he is billy big time like coles and fortune.

As for fortune if it was him or hill, hill would be in every single game, yes his passing is poor but he is a much better defender than fortune.

100k is not enough for a player who will give his all for the club and whilst he may make the odd mistake (who doesnt) he will never let you down.

If you have any doubt over why i would put a butler hill back two in over a coles fortune pairing ask anyone who saw us yesterday

You cant have seen us this season then. Coles has been awful so far this season and i'd much prefer him go then matt hill, at least we know hill aint got a big head and thinks he is billy big time like coles and fortune.

He was talking about Ashley Cole... read the rest of the post! :P

Archived