IGNORED

Enough Is Enough!

Collis

Me and i see c-red has too,have posted on steve/colin, so come on everyone do it then they will have to take notice!!!

:city: BRING BACK THE EASTEND!!!  :city:

:clap:  :clap:  :cool:  :Costumed19:  :Costumed19:  :Party27:  :Party27:  :Music10:

All in vain I fear :( see Adamb item 7 in pinned on ask S.L/CS :( seems thousands were quite happy to go in there Hartlepool etc but have given up trying;but not ALL of us :D:wub::city::city::city:

Got to admit, although I only went in there the once when I changed my Season ticket everytime it was open it made a huge difference to the atmosphere and I'm sure the players appreciated it.

So yes, please Mr Lansdown please take note.

MM

Stop peeing about and get it open.

Get the manager to speak on the subject.

Take the bloody fence down. If thousands of Man U and Middlesborough fans can

sit with just a gap of three seats between them, then surely 1000 City fans can manage it with 500 Bradford fans.

:city:

Guest city slicker 71
:@

Anyone watching the football violence program recently should have been able to pick up on the self-backslapping attributes from Mr Plod with a guarded contribution from Mr Licensing Officer; both unfortunately for us hell bent on retaining the status quo. Incidently there have been some bizarre tags that have trotted out from College Green down the years perhaps none so irritating as this 'jobsworth'.

Irritating if you happen to focus on value and it is here that you can take some recompense for your efforts. Yours/ours is that which denotes true value-unashamed as opposed to blushes over appearing in the Rich list vast amounts of cash at ones disposal usually implies off the back of someone else and I would make no apology for failing to include any of them in my praise book.

Back to the East End every permutation has been offered and sidestepped, from the more complex ticket scenario to the simple turnstile which points right to the Dolman and left in to the Eastend. All scuppered and for why? Because the initiative came from us. Petty spitefulness, consider yourselves above them in every sense over the true essence of Bristol City Football Club.

Absolutely and Sincerely,

City Slicker 71

Can someone tell me why we can't sit in the east end? Surely at a time when the team's form is somewhat suspect the club should be exploiting every situation that will encourage the team to play at a higher level. The East end would certainly help. So go on SL be dynamic and listen to the fans

I think it is probably because the fans abuse this 'privilege'. I for one do not sit in the east end when it is opened my reasons are as follows.

1. Crap view.

2. Too many flaming chavs and fans singing about killing people on the east end or crippling them.

3. Everyone in there concentrates so much on geting at the away fans they rarely watch the game!

I for one do not sit in the east end when it is opened my reasons are as follows.

1. Crap view.

2. Too many flaming chavs and fans singing about killing people on the east end or crippling them.

3. Everyone in there concentrates so much on geting at the away fans they rarely watch the game!

1.) Most folks believe that the East Ends view is pathetic but the reality is that it isn't that awful. It may not give you a birds-eye view like the Dolman yet it is easily good enough to satisfy the needs of many, including me.

2.) If you have ever been in the East End you would of realised that only about 10% of those occupying it are intent on aggro or fighting the away fans. With most of these people intelligent enough not to attempt it during the game. The other 90% are there to support the team vocally and with passion, which does include banter with the away fans.

The songs from the late 60's and early 70's about aggro (e.g. Bow Legged Chicken or Keep Of The East End) are part and percale with the Shed. Take them away and its just another stand.

3.) No, not everyone does. Not many do. It may seem that way as the mainstream of times you would look at its occupants would be during a chant which would be likely to including pointing. Most are there to watch the football, sing and support Bristol City Football Club in the way they feel best helps.

If you don't like it don't sit there. End Of :city:

Bring Back The East End, Bring Back The Atmosphere.

1.) Most folks believe that the East Ends view is pathetic but the reality is that it isn't that awful. It may not give you a birds-eye view like the Dolman yet it is easily good enough to satisfy the needs of many, including me.

2.) If you have ever been in the East End you would of realised that only about 10% of those occupying it are intent on aggro or fighting the away fans. With most of these people intelligent enough not to attempt it during the game. The other 90% are there to support the team vocally and with passion, which does include banter with the away fans.

The songs from the late 60's and early 70's about aggro (e.g. Bow Legged Chicken or Keep Of The East End) are part and percale with the Shed. Take them away and its just another stand.

3.) No, not everyone does. Not many do. It may seem that way as the mainstream of times you would look at its occupants would be during a chant which would be likely to including pointing. Most are there to watch the football, sing and support Bristol City Football Club in the way they feel best helps.

If you don't like it don't sit there. End Of  :city:

Spot on Stylus.

spongebob, your clearly missing the point. The noise created from the East End clearly increases the overall atmosphere during games.

Thus, acting as the "12th man" on the pitch.

Well done Stylus. I won't even pull you up on your spelling errors today.

This rubbish posted by Spongebob is sadly typical of most of his posts.

He doesn't like it, therefore it is not right. Thousands of fans enjoyed the chance to get back in the end we grew up loving. There really was little or no real trouble in this stand last year. A few boisterous goal celebrations in a potential promotion run-in. Really, this end of the ground has become a pest to the management of the club who have done all they can to keep it closed.

As a club we are really missing the additional 'umphh' that the opening of the East End gave us last year.

It really served a purpose last year. Remember our form with the terrific backing from the East End. It was closed for the Brighton home match and the Gate returned to it's previous and now sadly current morgue like state.

:city:

If you don't like it don't sit there. End Of  :city:

i don't know why you bother stylus, he is just trying to get a rise

out of the williams E-BLOCK / subbers who all sing those songs and want the EE back.

the finger is being pointed at the subbers without actually saying the subbers.

if people REALLY WANTED to get at the away fans they would have' them outside

the ground regardless of police or stewards, but they don't IT'S ALL BANTER

AND SONGS THAT REFLECT A TIME IN FOOTBALL.

songs get take out of context and taken too seriously ie:

is tinman a sh 1thead? uhmm no.

are we the gratest football team the world has ever seen? uhmm no.

you'll never take the eastend? uhhmm wrong the club have and

all the away fans have.

ah sod it stylus don't wate your time mate..

All valid points lads about the East End but bar overflowing in other areas (which is not looking too likely at present!) its not going to happen I'm afraid. The stand is coming down in the summer anyway, think about the new much better 'East End' going up for use in season 2006/07 instead, every cloud has a silver lining eh.

Spot on Stylus.

spongebob, your clearly missing the point.  The noise created from the East End clearly increases the overall atmosphere during games.

Thus, acting as the "12th man" on the pitch.

Stylus excellent pints very well put, which i respect, but in my experience of the east end i find it hostile. But each to their own.

As for it acting as a 12th man, that is rubbish unfortunately if the players need the crowd to get them up for it then they can go in my opinion, like when wilson would say the crowd was quiet so we were poo today this is an unacceptable reason for poor performances.

Fact is that the east end doesnt really affect me as i sit in the atyeo, but landsdown has said on literally hundreds of occasions that it wont be opened again, unless we get permission for the new stand to be built (as he stated on the ask stevel forum) so your posts and protests are all in vain and it hides the fact that we are watching a very poor city side at the moment who have gone backwards since last season, sad but true

Stylus excellent pints very well put, which i respect, but in my experience of the east end i find it hostile. But each to their own.

As for it acting as a 12th man, that is rubbish unfortunately if the players need the crowd to get them up for it then they can go in my opinion, like when wilson would say the crowd was quiet so we were poo today this is an unacceptable reason for poor performances.

Fact is that the east end doesnt really affect me as i sit in the atyeo, but landsdown has said on literally hundreds of occasions that it wont be opened again, unless we get permission for the new stand to be built (as he stated on the ask stevel forum) so your posts and protests are all in vain and it hides the fact that we are watching a very poor city side at the moment who have gone backwards since last season, sad but true

The East End doesn't affect you?

Then why comment on it?

Yes, i agree we are going downhill. Thats why I believe the East End opening to home supporters would be a boost for the fans and players.

Archived