IGNORED

Thanks Brian, Thanks Steve

arpaul

To Brian for taking the club back four years in just 6 glory filled months in charge.

To Brian for making me think twice about renewing my season ticket for an eighteenth year.

To Brian for recently stating that we needed 40 more points for promotion. I reckon that with now just 17 games left we need to average 2.12 points per game. Mind you 80 was never going to be enough.

To Steve, for his knee jerk reaction in June.

To Steve, for not advertising the position.

To Steve, for appointing Tinnion, as a cost cutting exercise, and then spending extravagently on players in the hope that your gamble pays off.

To the forum idiots, who believe that Tinnion is a legend. The word LEGEND is normally used when describing great people. Wedlock (not Fred!!), Atyeo to name a couple (both represented their country I believe). Tinnion has played his entire City career as a lower league player, bar perhaps two seasons.

Legend ? My ass.

Please Mr Lansdown act now. With the right man in charge, someone who can motivate, we may, just may sneak into the top six. Admit your mistakes and make the change.

Tinnion out

As for tonight? Dog Poo complete and utter dog poo

To Brian for taking the club back four years in just 6 glory filled months in charge.

To Brian for making me think twice about renewing my season ticket for an eighteenth year.

To Brian for recently stating that we needed 40 more points for promotion. I reckon that with now just 17 games left we need to average 2.12 points per game. Mind you 80 was never going to be enough.

To Steve, for appointing Tinnion, as a cost cutting exercise, and then spending extravagently on players in the hope that your gamble pays off.

To the forum idiots, who believe that Tinnion is a legend. The word LEGEND is normally used when describing great people. Wedlock (not Fred!!), Atyeo to name a couple (both represented their country I believe). Tinnion has played his entire City career as a lower league player, bar perhaps two seasons.

Legend ? My ass.

Please Mr Lansdown act now. With the right man in charge, someone who can motivate, we may, just may sneak into the top six. Admit your mistakes and make the change.

Tinnion out

Your a bit of a legend then? Stopped frothing yet?

Brian strikes me as a proud man on and off the pitch,and through his loyalty and effort at this club has earned the right to be given a fair go at this job.

And what difference does it make which division a player has served his club in

for 500 odd games? Legend,in this context, is used to denote respect......

Tinnion out??? :unsure: jesus.....forum idiots everywhere these days.....

Tinman out? no at least not till the end of the season then only if he knows things can't improve.

Steve Landsdown Thanks for keeping us alive but think about future appointmnts

Tinnion a legend? Yes he is deserving of the title Legend for his services on the field (we all remember Liverpool in the cup!)

As a way forward? please tell us the plan Brian of steve because I for one am lost!

At last someone with real sense.

How a the one footed one can be called a leg end is beond me, or is just me that remembers him slaughtering the fans,board and manager in the press and the russse/kew osman/jordan nailing his colours to 3 different masts.

The man has hankered after the managers job for 3 years and when his ship came in he couldnt believe it.

Millen is the tactical one the binman is a fool and us we the fans are left with another season of third division football

We got rid of smith lumsden and even a real leg end in terry cooper now its time for the fans to rise again come join me and arpauls binman out march, meeting on the downs at 10.30 or outside kfc at 9.00.See you all there.

Legend ? My ass.

Tinnion out

Seconded!

Guest monster red

How a the one footed one can be called a leg end is beond me, or is just me that remembers him slaughtering the fans,board and manager in the press and the russse/kew osman/jordan nailing his colours to 3 different masts.

The man has hankered after the managers job for 3 years and when his ship came in he couldnt believe it.

Millen is the tactical one the binman is a fool and us we the fans are left with another season of third division football

We got rid of smith lumsden and even a real leg end in terry cooper now its time for the fans to rise again come join me and arpauls binman out march, meeting on the downs at 10.30 or outside kfc at 9.00.See you all there.

:Sleep12: Boring :Sleep12:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Lansdown keeps the club alive? Please do me a favour and get a grip! There would be someone to take his place, who wouldnt waste loads of money on second rate players because they would have hired a capable manager in the first place who could actualy use a squad of 30 players rather than ignore it.

How you can blame Brian Tinnion for last night is beyond belief ,

1. Own up all those who would not have picked Danny Coles , who was at fault for goal 1, not closing down the cross but ambling and letting the forward pick his cross and goal 2 for not attacking the ball and letting Wayne Allison what amounted to a free header, this is not to mention his efforts in the attacking box where a pub centre half could have taken 2 easy chances with his head .

2. Can Brian Tinnion be to blame for Steve Phillips ,( again a player most of us would not leave out ) for diving over the ball and Mickey Bell , a pro footballer for 15 odd years managing to clear the ball 3 yards .

3. Tony Butler lacking the confidence to attack a ball at any stage in the game .

Yesterday summed up the whole season , we played well going forward and were let down by some of what were our better players last season making Sunday football errors .

Yesterday was the proof that Brian Tinnion waas right about Goodfellow , too weak on the ball , too indecisive and doesnt do a job in the back half of the pitch .

Yes Tinnion has made some mistakes , but he has been severly let down by schoolboy errors which for all the training in the world come down to the individual (Coles ,phillips Bell last night , Hill v Luton and Sheffield ) to name a couple .

Legend ? My ass.

Tinnion out

Totally agree with you. Its obvious the players arent interested with tinnion in charge

Its not easy changing from player to player manager. I have done a similar thing at my workplace. It is not easy getting peoples respect from being a team mate to being a manager itself. I think Tinnion knew it was going to be a tough roll but expected the backing of the players which in my opinion is not happening. The defence has only one change of personnel from last season and Jamie Smith has settled in his new role at right back very well. Infact he proved a point to tinnion last night with his performance.must be that the players at the back want to do what they want and not defend. Why we dropped fortune I don't know hes been our best defender this month. I'm becoming very disallutioned and takes alot to get me like that.

How you can blame Brian Tinnion for last night is beyond belief , 

1. Own up all those who would not have picked Danny Coles , who was at fault for goal 1, not closing down the cross but ambling and letting the forward pick his cross and goal 2 for not attacking the ball and letting Wayne Allison what amounted to a free header, this is not to mention his efforts in the attacking box where a pub centre half could have taken 2 easy chances with his head .

2. Can Brian Tinnion be to blame for Steve Phillips ,( again a player most of us would not leave out ) for diving over the ball and Mickey Bell , a pro footballer for 15 odd years managing to clear the ball 3 yards .

3. Tony Butler lacking the confidence to attack a ball at any stage in the game .

Yesterday summed up the whole season , we played well going forward and were let down by some of what were our better players last season making Sunday football errors .

Yesterday was the proof that Brian Tinnion waas right about Goodfellow , too

weak on the ball , too indecisive and doesnt do a job in the back half of the

pitch .

the buck stops with the manager, thats the end of it.

Yes Tinnion has made some mistakes , but he has been severly let down by schoolboy errors which for all the training in the world come down to the individual (Coles ,phillips Bell last night , Hill v Luton and Sheffield ) to name a couple .

Guest hairyshamrock

Millen's the tactical one??!! Did you never look for the U17's results last season - they had the worst record for any academy side for a long time!!! Although the academy is there to bring players through and results are secondary, if anyone actually watched them last year it was shocking!! How he got the job other than being Tinnion's mate is beyond me! If they don't get rid of Brian now then look forward to the days to come of having other tactical geniuses such as "FAT" Mickey Bell and Scott "Can't cross a pools coupon" Murray!!

Guest TauntonRed

Mate,

Have you rated any manager at City. It's a wonder anyone wants to manage us with idiots like you shouting your mouth off all the time - and yes Brian is a legend not because of his goal against Liverpool but because he is so passionate about this club. Idioys like you narly forced him out of the club when he was a player, and look what he has done for us since.

Shut up and give your arse a chance

You're THREE points off the play offs. Tinnion out? :ph34r:

Dr....... Do you seriously think that BCFC would win the pray-offs......?

The only way we would have got up this or most other years is via an automatic place and that is not going to happen, certainly not this season anyway :grr:

The only solice for me is that there are far worse teams than us and at least I'm not a gashead :grr: ... sorry to put far worse teams & gashead but they sit so well together :unsure:

Guest hairyshamrock
Mate,

Have you rated any manager at City. It's a wonder anyone wants to manage us with idiots like you shouting your mouth off all the time - and yes Brian is a legend not because of his goal against Liverpool but because he is so passionate about this club. Idioys like you narly forced him out of the club when he was a player, and look what he has done for us since.

Shut up and give your arse a chance

I don't know if this is directed at me directly, buti do agree his a poor choice of manager.

Legendary players are not guarunteed to be legendary managers, the cleverest one who knew this ended up as a pundit (ie Alan Hansen).

John Ward was a great manager for this club, and was forced out a la Redknapp at Pompey this season. When you can come on here and tell me that he is worth giving him the wages he is on to manage the team then i will eat my hat, until then it will be kept to keep my head warm - where i think it will stay for a very long time.

You can't tell me that on this seasons showing that he is the quality manager who will fulfill the promises the board made last summer (We'll go up etc etc)?!

Guest MaloneFM
Agreed the players last season would have been scared stiff if they had played like that up to half time. Wilson would have absolutely crucified them :unsure:

...and then went on to say a loss is not a bad result, they came to stop us playing etc etc.

And carried on picking them.

Wilson was not the genius we alll believed him to be. Remember?

Remember the LDV final against the lowest club in the LEAGUE where for 75% of the game we were the Keystone cops. If they had a decent striker with them we would have got a hiding.

Remember the mysterious winning run of 14..count 'em..14 games? After which we couldn't buy a win? Some master tactician he was. He never knew how we did it and proved that after Sheffield Wednesday stopped the run.

Remember the Miller off/ Lita on for the last 5 minutes saga? Peacock stayed on even when he was injured.

Remember the miracle of the play off semi when we were dodgy at best for 85 minutes? Roberts stank the place up, did two things right and got man of the match.

Remember the play off final? Lita doesn't he switched over and watched 'Murder She Wrote'.

Please don't look back at Danny Wilson and believe we would be in any different position than we are now.

Obviously the board were peed off at journeyman managers coming in and doing it for the money and getting us nowhere. The only one who wasn't was Tony Flipflop. And he quit.

Wardy was not forced out. He took his ball and went home because he had ran out of ideas and didn't want to work with big fat Ben (a journeyman coach-more like coach driver!)

We need a manager that has got an unfancied team promoted and is doing well at a higher level. Trouble is which one do we pick, Pulis or Hollowhead?

Lansdown keeps the club alive? Please do me a favour and get a grip! There would be someone to take his place, who wouldnt waste loads of money on second rate players because they would have hired a capable manager in the first place who could actualy use a squad of 30 players rather than ignore it.

Wills, regrettably not, I'm afraid- shysters, cowboys, and wannabeea a plenty, genuine ones not a one- don't even think about it McGuire you chuffin cowboy.

Get some damn players in who wont sit down, take the gypsies, and the money!!

Some stupid fools even want bloody Benny back- what a good idea that would be eh.....he was in charge for that dire relegation season-that WOULD be a grand idea, if you was a saghead eh??

Guest DrFaustus
Dr....... Do you seriously think that BCFC would win the pray-offs......?

The only way we would have got up this or most other years is via an automatic place and that is not going to happen, certainly not this season anyway :ph34r:

The only solice for me is that there are far worse teams than us and at least I'm not a gashead :grr: ... sorry to put far worse teams & gashead but they sit so well together :unsure:

DC me old mucker - the play offs are a lottery,you should know that better than anyone. Let's face it, were Brighton the third best team in your division last year? No, City were. Are you the third best team in the division this year? No. My point is, given the momentum of a good run up to the play offs, the right luck and the right spirit, there is nothing stopping City making the top 6.

As for us, you're right to have solace in the fact we're crap. We know we are, and with yer man Twatkins in charge, that is likely to remain so.

Take it easy :grr:

DC me old mucker - the play offs are a lottery,you should know that better than anyone. Let's face it, were Brighton the third best team in your division last year? No, City were. Are you the third best team in the division this year? No. My point is, given the momentum of a good run up to the play offs, the right luck and the right spirit, there is nothing stopping City making the top 6.

As for us, you're right to have solace in the fact we're crap. We know we are, and with yer man Twatkins in charge, that is likely to remain so.

Take it easy :unsure:

I don't like lottteries..... I tend not to win and as most others also don't..... be warned BCFC

Your point is could, might, possibly and mine is BCFC will only get out of this Division by an automatic.

As for yer Dr.F.......... I truly admire your personal honesty and integrity.

Should the tables ever turn, as history does at times repeat, then I trust I will be seen in a similar light of Red but not Blue

Guest DrFaustus
I don't like lottteries..... I tend not to win and as most others also don't..... be warned BCFC

Your point is could, might, possibly and mine is BCFC will only get out of this Division by an automatic.

As for yer Dr.F.......... I truly admire your personal honesty and integrity.

Should the tables ever turn, as history does at times repeat, then I trust I will be seen in a similar light of Red but not Blue

As my favourite Rovers manager since Don Megson once said (Ian Holloway), "Never, EVER give up" :unsure:

DC, you're a gent.

Guest MaloneFM

As my favourite Rovers manager since Don Megson once said (Ian Holloway), "Never, EVER give up" :unsure:

It may be some consolation doctor but most of the grown ups on here now have time for Hollowhead. He has apologised for rash comments in the past has shown he is vulnerable and a committed gashead.

Jesus the way its going with some of them on here he may well wind up in the dugout next to the tinman.

Legend ? My ass.

Tinnion out

Here, Here.

Couldn't agree more lock stock and barrell.

:unsure::ph34r::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Legend ? My ass.

Tinnion out

I hope you have involved your self in 'the forum idiots' because you have probably just made yourself the biggest idiot of the lot well done!

:whistle::dunno::laugh:

With out steve this club would be in a very worse situation, and to say Tins isn't a legend then,well it amazes me. He has played over 500 games for the club! I think the word 'loyalty' comes in there somewhere.

Its his FIRST season in charge, i agree my self that he shouldn't have been thrown in at the deep end like he has, and he made a mistake in not employing an experienced number 2, but everyone makes mistakes, he will learn from his mistakes. Give the man some time for christ sake there is stil 17 games left so lets just wait and see!

Also if the players pulled there fingers out of there arses and played as a team then maybe we would also be in a better position.

Guest Jamesonjoe

Tinman says he has a lot of hard decisions

to make over the coming week.The first one

and the most important one is what to do about

Millen.That stupid man tore the heart out of City`s

midfield on friday night.It has to go down as one of

the most awful tactical clangers of all time.To rip the

engine room out,to leave the team with one to instill

any semblence of cohession was ludicrous in the extreme.

Tinman has to either boss the team from the field or

the sideline,,,one or the other,,,,and not leave any

decisions to an understudy who has shown that he has

no capacity to make intelligent and positive tactical

moves.I was and still am bemused as to the changes

that fool made,even the press box admitted that there

was a groan of disbelief when the changes occured.

Tinman it must be a management change first please

take the first and only right decision and that is to

say to Keith Millen thanks mate for all your help

but this is not working out the way we want it too,

and therefor i have to ask you to leave. :whistle:

Archived