IGNORED

Transitional Seaon

Tales From The Front

So the T word has appeared.

The first time was on Monday's WDP!

I went to Hartlepool and Newcastle for the weekend so didn't read Saturday's WDP until Sunday. The pre-match article was one of opptomisism, "we have to win at Hartlepool and places such as this if we are to go up" )No ###### sherlock!) sort of thing.

Monday's rag then uses the T word (transisional) as in transisional season. I cannot and will not accept this. Now Phillips uses it. Obviously Alistair Campbell has been employed by the club to put a positive slant on events. Well I'm sorry he or City's media department can't.

This division is as weak as I can remember and if those repsonsible for what is being offered in terms of performance as well as results cannot perform then tough decisons are needed and needed now!

Otherwise the final straw for me will be the oh so predictable post on this forum in May, "We will go up next season, Bristol City Divion 1 Champions 2005/06".

For god sake no!

Guest hairyshamrock

Too true - last night, my mate paid £17 to watch that and he could have stayed at home and watched it on sky for nothing!

The performance on the pitch made the £1.30 for a cup of tea seem value for money!!

No sign of the board offering us refunds for last night... they would have done at a decently run club who put fans first as they know who the club cannot survive without!

OK then; if this is a season of transition, let's not waste it completely. We have (presumably) enough points not to worry about relegation, so

a) let's give some of the fringe players extended runs in the first team,

b) try different formations and

c)perhaps, having players in different positions.

Then Tins will know what are the best options and we can get it right from the opening day of next season.

The only other option is to persevere with the current first team and subs playing the same way and hope to

a) make the play offs,

b) win them and

c) do well in a higher div next season!

Lansdown is treating the us as idiots with no memory.

At the start of the season he said anything less than a top two finish will be a failure if he is now claiming this a season of change why the hell did he sack Wilson who finished 3rd two years running.

Lansdown is just one in the a long line of City Chairman who have made major mistakes.

I have no confindance in the man now, he is just backing Tinion because he is stubborn and do not want to admit he his wrong.

True but why take a massive step backwards and employ a man with no experiance.

We are now is a worse position under Tinion than we was under Wilson is that progress, is the club moving in the right direction?

I got a feeling it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

OK then; if this is a season of transition, let's not waste it completely. We have (presumably) enough points not to worry about relegation, so

a) let's give some of the fringe players extended runs in the first team,

b) try different formations and

c)perhaps, having players in different positions.

Then Tins will know what are the best options and we can get it right from the opening day of next season.

Thought this is what has been happening all season :@ :whistle:

Archived