IGNORED

What Has Been

Ecko

My top 5 would have to be hartlepool 2nd leg, beating rovers 3-2, millers last minute winner against barnsley, walsall away this season and ldv final(mickey mouse cup)

I would had said tinmans goal against liverpool but i wasnt around then!

Turner and Taylor promotion year.

Tins goal at Liverpool (can't believe it was that long ago.)

League cup game against Forest.

ANY league win against the gas but I agree the 3-2 was a good 'un

LVD trips were good fun.

The Jacki show at Filbert Street, is one that immediately springs to mind.

Best moment was beating Hartlepool. That was fantastic when we scored the equaliser and then the winner. Its the biggest cheer in the stand I ever heard/felt. The stand was physically shaking.

The most optimistic I have ever been was upon hearing the appointment of John Ward. I felt really happy that Bristol City had appointed a manager I also thought was good :whistle: I really felt City were finally going to do something.

Tinnions goal at Liverpool.

Paul Mardons goal away at Forest in the league cup.

Seeing Ian Alexander sent off for a blatant hand ball on the line at Ashton Gate and us scoring the penalty to go 2 nil up. Rovers were about 9 points adrift at the bottom and obviously going down. Sorry it sounds mean but I had to laugh looking down at all those sad gasheads in the away end. They new they were going down and so did we :dunno:

The cup win at Anfield.

ANY win against Rovers. Especially ones at their ground.

Beating Arsenal at Highbury. First match in Division 1.

Winning the Anglo Scottish cup.

The Jacki show at Filbert Street. "Not just from another country. But from another planet". Or words to that effect. :blush:

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Clive Whitehead's strike to secure our promotion at the end of the 1975/76 season....

and beating Arsenal 1-0 at Highbury thanks to Cheese's goal on the opening day of the 1976/77 season (our first season back in the top-flight)....

For shear emotion, the game at Chester at the end of the 83/84 season stands out, when we clinched promotion from div 4. When we all piled on the pitch and the team emerged in the directors box it was like a symbolic rebirth of a club that had been on life support for 2 years.

Apart from that it has to be Anfield in 94. And for me as a wee lad, the whole experience of being in the top flight in the late 70s was just soooo exciting. Wins at Highbury and Old Trafford, survival at Highfield Road, beating the European Champions in front of 38,000 at Ashton Gate.....jumpers for goalposts.....etc

1. Promotion to the old Divison 1 in the '70's. Made you proud to see City in the top flight.

2. Millenium stadium play off last season. The best and worst day in one. Fantastic to seee that City support and to wonder what might be if we could ever get back to the top again! Unfortunately coupled with one of the most inept performances I can remember, after seeing such assured performances earlier in the season.

3.Sitting in the bath hearing on the radio City beat Leeds 1-0 in the FA Cup in the afternoon midweek ( I think) during the 3 day week power strike in the early '70's. A Donny Gillies goal won it as I recall. Leeds were then the man U/Chelsea/Arsenal of today.

4. 2 season ago leaving the house for an appointment with 4 minutes to go against Mansfield and City 4-2 down. Chatting about football to my client ( a Liverpool fan ) He said that was some result we had when I told him I was a City fan and couldn't believe it when he told me we had come back to win.

5. Hartlepool play off semi last season. radio packed up so "watched" teletext. Thought we lost it at 1-0 down and just getting pover shock of last minute equelizer when I saw the winner had gone in. Only regret was not hearing Jonathan Pearce's commentary!

The 4-5 at Mansfield and the 1-1 draw at Sunderland.

Getting back at 5am and getting up for school at 7am was well worth it! We were outplayed the whole match and showed some fighting spirit to steal a point.

The Littlewoods cup run to the semis, the away leg going 1 up etc. with inflatable bananas very muct to the fore, the home leg oh so nearly, Joes inflateable teeth !!!!

but the best of them all was the quarter final away at Bradford, they had already knocked Spurs out of the FA cup and Everton out of the league cup.

We scored really early and the covered away end rocked all night.....fantastic

:blush: the whole liitlewoods cup run the highlight for me. bradford away alan walsh after 92 seconds! the n forest away paul mardon s goal the n a howler of an own goal. and then the second leg with walshie hitting the post in the last minuet of normal time in front of the east end!! (bloody gary parker) never liked the bloke since. :city:

A 2-1 win over Wrexham in 97 season, with Goater scoring a late headed winner.

The 3-2 win over the Gas, Christmas 2000.

The Hartlepool game.

The Autowindscreens final vs Stoke at Wembley.

Soren Andersen, Sunderland away, September 1998. Need I say more? :city:

Beating Chelsea at home in the FA Cup

Mardon scoring at Forest (it was cold that night!!)

Neville breaking his goal drought and celebrating justly.

Bob Taylor

Mark Aizlewoods 'tackle' on Trevor Francis at Birmingham!

Louis Donowa's winner against the Gas

Hartlepool last season

Joe Jordans goal (against Hartlepool?) when he broke through and lashed it home from 30 yards

Dave Smith getting Ian Alexander sent off two seasons running.

Geoff Twentypence getting his red card at AG

Jacki's flick over his head against Ipswich

Andy Cole's goals

Wilkshires goal last season.

there's more, but these spring to mind most

Mark Aizlewoods 'tackle' on Trevor Francis at Birmingham!

That was against Sheff Wed's but it was still a great tackle. Francis was on half way line booted ball down the line past aizlewood who after francis had ran about 10 yards (Still about 30 behind the ball) just lunged 2 footed at him.

Still have it on video somewhere as highlights were on Midweek sports show (Sheff Weds won promotion that night) and love watching it

after year of despair, ritchies winner at eastville in the cup, what a moment.

mardons goal at forest.

aizelwoods tackle and allisons goal at wednesday.

jacki at leicester.

coventry 2-2 game, i was at goodison that night.

beating cardiff 2-0 big bob taylor scored and walking round ninion park and not seeing many cardiff fans.

mansfield 5-4.

and on a non city note

watching graham hick scoreing 4 of the last ball in the mcg to beat the aussies, and seeing 10k england fans dotted around the 98,000 crowd going mental, what a moment

1/ Clive Whiteheads + the game v Portsmouth that sent us into Divison 1

2/ The last home game the following season at Home to Liverpool

3/ The final match of that season(the 2-2 draw) at Coventry

4/ The Turner + Taylor promotion team under Jordan

5/ A stupendous goal by Ralph Milne (can't remember the opposition that night though)

Archived