IGNORED

Smith New Captain, Coles Listed

Dave L

Well, the sorting out appears to have begun. Just got a club text to say that Jamie Smith is the new on field captain so Tommy can 'concentrate on his performances'. And another to say that we will listen to offers for Danny Coles.

I wondered when the Coles situation was going to occur. He's obviously

not happy at City and this has shown in his poor performances. If his

heart isn't into it 100%, get rid of him.

I wondered when the Coles situation was going to occur. He's obviously

not happy at City and this has shown in his poor performances. If his

heart isn't into it 100%, get rid of him.

Obviously there are some big problems at the club at the moment and only one of two things can happen either the Tinnion management team leaves or the players who have had trouble adjusting to him becoming boss for whatever reason have to go the only surprise is that its taken this long for it to happen howlong before Doherty, Phillips and Fortune leave as well then how much does everybody think we will get for coles and what is an acceptable pricetag?

I think its safe to say we wont get near the £500,000 Cardiff offered 2 years ago

Guest Champagne Football

I think £200,000 would be a good price, especially as it seems we are quite happy to let him go, it won't take much for us to accept. Any division one clubs are hardly going to need to prise him away from us are they?

Well, the sorting out appears to have begun. Just got a club text to say that Jamie Smith is the new on field captain so Tommy can 'concentrate on his performances'. And another to say that we will listen to offers for Danny Coles.

Is RACRED going too? :blush:

No problem with that at all Danny Coles has grossly underachieved big time this season he and the club need to move on. Jamie Smith not sure, wouldn't fault his passion though he is a bit of a loose canon in the tackle, and I'm not 100% sure I'd pick him ahead of Carey at right back.

Is 'So Tommy can concentrate on his football' a prelude to his departure as well?? which despite his pathetic dissent record would big a big pity in my opinion.

Guest Champagne Football
I think that his name is being circulated to championship clubs and not league one.

Yeah, sorry I know, I just hate saying Championship! It sounds too cheesy. Division one sounded much better. I also hate league one too! I think I am just overall too old fashioned!

• Admin

And there was me thinking that Carey was in for Smith, it looks like it may be in place of Coles.

But just because we are going to listen for offers etc, Tinnion hasn't actually announced any changes to the team yet !

We have to find a buyer for Coles now.

But just because we are going to listen for offers etc, Tinnion hasn't actually announced any changes to the team yet !

You want him to announce his team on a Tuesday for a Saturday game?

• Admin

All he has said is we are prepared to listen for offers on Coles and that Doherty is no longer captain.....

2 + 2 = 5.

Can we get any more radical changes than between the Hartlepool line up and the Chesterfiled team. The way we are going the full squad will have had a game by the end of the week

PS, with Smith banned at Hull, who will be captain??

Snith isn't banned. But if he was I suspect the vice captain would take the armband. I'm just going on the fact it says that on the Bristol City website.

All he has said is we are prepared to listen for offers on Coles and that Doherty is no longer captain.....

2 + 2 = 5.

Can we get any more radical changes than between the Hartlepool line up and the Chesterfiled team. The way we are going the full squad will have had a game by the end of the week

Steve Brooker is the new Vice Captain and therefore will take the armband whenever Smith is not on the pitch......

For the life of me I cannot understand how Smith can be captain!, one good game I feel he has had the season. The bloke is a libility always reckless how can he set an example? and Steve Brooker vice captain? :blush:

Seems a case of Tinnon making sure his mates (Carey & Murray) and his signings are the importance of our club.

Since DW has left you have to admit it, things have gone down hill and will not change until we have a change of management.

sadly, two players who were worth about £700,000 combined under Wilson are now worth about £200,000 combined under Tinman - that's a cracking £500k loss thanks to BT's inability to motivate our two most highly rated players not so long ago.

As for Smith getting the armband that's a joke - he isn't fit to wear the shirt let alone the armband. He is getting the role simply because BT bought him and he will do whatever the boss tells him to do - unlike the players Tins inherited, who clearly have little or no respect for him

Well_Red

sadly, two players who were worth about £700,000 combined under Wilson are now worth about £200,000 combined under Tinman - that's a cracking £500k loss thanks to BT's inability to motivate our two most highly rated players not so long ago.

As for Smith getting the armband that's a joke - he isn't fit to wear the shirt let alone the armband. He is getting the role simply because BT bought him and he will do whatever the boss tells him to do - unlike the players Tins inherited, who clearly have little or no respect for him

Well_Red

Agree with your comments

all i can say is thank god action is being taken on those two.

its as clear as day that they don't want to play for Bristol City anymore, so they can hop it for all i care, i have been bitterly dissapointed with Doherty this season, and in my eyes the sooner he goes the better.

Very unsure about Jamie Smith as captain though!

Well_Red

I'm afraid i don't agree. Tommy D played awful at the beginning of last season, on his day he is one of the best, but I'm afraid those days have been few and far between for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Coles - same story. Gradually becoming poorer and poorer each season, and i blame that on the lack of competition for his place. He better buck his ideas up, because now, its not only his place he looks to of lost, but his career is on the line as well.

This has nothing to do with Tinnion being manager. The fact that he can see how the "must look after Coles and Tommy D" "make sure they are ok" "best players in this division" mentality that has simply got to their heads.

If i was Danny Coles, i would talk to Carey and Brooker.

Carey knows what its like to try and cut it at a championship club, and I'm afraid Coles wouldnt get a look in. Brooker should let him know what life is like in this division, as that could be where he ends up.

Smith as captain is a strange one. But i really do like the fact that Brooker is vice captain, its time this club moved forward and changed instead of sticking with stale, under achieving, under performing, big shot players like Coles and the Doc.

These two are hardly worthy captains at present, and i its obvious to see that they are not leaders.

If their hearts are in it, show this in the next 16 games, as they really could be the two best players in this division. However I'm not so sure...

What i am sure of though is that many of us would do anything to pull on that red shirt, the problem is these two seem to have forgotten what it means and have half their mind on where their next cold fosters is coming from.

Its a real real shame.

The doc was not keen on Tins being manager...

Great move to strip hiom of captaincy, it should have happened on day one.

But now the doc is not part of the 'management' what will keep him onside?

The doc will be gone by the end of the season and The Tins era will really begin.

If thats true, then once the wasters have gone, the Tinman era will start. Impressed he's grasped the nettle. Well done Tins-do the same with ANY of em who don't shape up. feel a lot more positive now, but the proof of the pudding is as they say in the eating- roll on Saturday to see if the words translate into action. :blush:

Archived