IGNORED

Ireland Returns

wesco

Just heard on Radio Bristol that Ireland is returning for a month from Peterborough and will go straight into the team for saturday. Hasn't come up on the official website yet just wiondered if anyone had had a text from the club.

In tonight's P'boro' paper "Barry Fry has rejected a bid from Bristol City for Craig Ireland. This U turn came after under pressure manager Briab Tinnion placed Danny Coles on the transfer list. The Robins boss sees Ireland, who he tried to sign in the summer, as the ideal replacement. Barry Fry said I will not let Craig go free and I do not see how extending his loan spell would be to anyone's advantage". Meanwhile having loaned Branston from Wednesday, Fry is trying to sign him on a free!

Then on the local radio at 5.30pm they announced ireland was back at the gate for another month.

If we do end up buying Craig, remember 10% of the money goes to Barry Fry. It is in his contract that he receives 10% of all transfer fees received which means it would be beneficial to him to sell his entire first team if poss!

Ireland is not back at the Gate, he never went away...

He is back to complete his month loan after a 'family problem'

(his kid was ill).

The official site says "He COULD join for a second month...

Bearing this in mind he COULD sign for us if we suddenly get

some money from somewhere.

With all these changes in the back four (three) I can't help

thinking of all the great City promotion teams of the past

and how stable the back four was in those seasons.

Who was it said a good team is built from the back?

Bearing this in mind I don't think we've a hope in hell this year.......

Snoz

This smacks of poor planning. I presume Tin's had a pretty good idea he was going to put Danny C on the list before the decision was announced. If so, and knowing we would need another defender wouldn't it have been better to bid for Ireland earlier?

As it is, Bary Fry now knows we NEED to sign a defender and therefore laws of supply and demand mean he will hold out for a higher price than he probbaly would have done have done a week ago.

Archived