IGNORED

Another Player On The Way Out

Martyn Hocking

I have it on good authority that another squad member with strong local connections is heading out of AG.

Tinman has decided that No 31 - Mr Fans - simply isn't following the party line and will have to leave.

"Fans been here too long for my liking," he said in an exclusive interview late this afternoon. "Local kids have no place in my vision of the future. I'm hoping to bring in a new crop of supporters from other clubs over the summer months who have more ambition - and don't spend all their time slagging me off on their forum."

Speaking to Fans this evening, it appears that Tinman may get his wish sooner than he thinks, as we were unable to find anyone planning to renew their season ticket on the basis of the football they have been served up at AG since he took charge.

Well_Red

I have it on good authority that another squad member with strong local connections is heading out of AG.

Tinman has decided that No 31 - Mr Fans - simply isn't following the party line and will have to leave.

"Fans been here too long for my liking," he said in an exclusive interview late this afternoon. "Local kids have no place in my vision of the future. I'm hoping to bring in a new crop of supporters from other clubs over the summer months who have more ambition - and don't spend all their time slagging me off on their forum."

Speaking to Fans this evening, it appears that Tinman may get his wish sooner than he thinks, as we were unable to find anyone planning to renew their season ticket on the basis of the football they have been served up at AG since he took charge.

Well_Red

Later on, in the same interview, Tinnion also blamed the Ashton Gate pitch for City's slump. Tinnion carped, "It's basically the same pitch that was here when Danny was manager. He was happy with it but I'm not - it's definitely affected our performances and anything or anyone that was here before my tenure is obviously to blame. I'll be looking to have it dug up and returfed before the Walsall game."

In a further twist, Tinnion also blamed the ground itself and called for the immediate demolition of all four current stands. Tinnion explained, "That's where all the ones who criticise me sit. The people who watched Danny's team used to sit up there as well and I don't want anything from my predecessor's time affecting my team at all."

Tinnion went on, "I've spoken to the board about it and they've agreed to start with the Wedlock stand which will hopefully be renamed the Tinnion End. Once that's out of the way, the Dolman will be knocked down and renamed the Millen Stand, the Williams will be called the Laycock stand and the Atyeo will become the Lansdown End. Hopefully, that will sort the teams attitude out and the performances will begin to improve. I don't see what else we could do but hopefully we can look to the future."

Well_Red

Yeah, you're right, it has been disappointing. The 2-2 draw with Everton? Worst game I've ever seen. That 4-1 win over Brentford? Rubbish. When we demolished Stockport 5 - 0? Pathetic. 3-1 against Hull? Dire. Only winning 2-1 at Walsall? Carp. 4-1 against the Dons? Useless. Winning at Wrexham, Stockport, Tranmere .....

Don't renew your ticket if you don't want to - that's your option. But this fan certainly will be.

Yeah, you're right, it has been disappointing. The 2-2 draw with Everton? Worst game I've ever seen. That 4-1 win over Brentford? Rubbish. When we demolished Stockport 5 - 0? Pathetic. 3-1 against Hull? Dire. Only winning 2-1 at Walsall? Carp. 4-1 against the Dons? Useless. Winning at Wrexham, Stockport, Tranmere .....

Don't renew your ticket if you don't want to - that's your option. But this fan certainly will be.

Bit selective there. Don't forget to mention the 23 games where we haven't won, culminating in the pathetic, gutless and laughable performance against Chesterfield. I think those matches will be foremost in a season ticket holder's mind when it comes to purchasing one for next year.

Oh, how about the 1-1 draw at home to Torquay, or 0-0 draws at home to Bradford, Hartlepool and Colchester. What fantastic football that was. Or perhaps you liked the 3-0 embarassment at Port Vale, or better still, the 4-0 mauling at Bradford. And Sheffield Wednesday played some great football when they battered us 4-1.

But I'm being overly critical because to balance the equation we have........the 3-2 defeat at home to Chesterfield, 2-1 defeats at home to Luton and Swindon, 2-1 defeat at Hartlepool and the FA Cup run (sorry, forgot - we got knocked out early didn't we).

And just to prove how harsh I am, our manager only goes and tells all the supporters that the players "lack desire". I really don't know how all you lot out there can moan when everything is so rosy in the garden.

• Admin
Bit selective there.  Don't forget to mention the 23 games where we haven't won, culminating in the pathetic, gutless and laughable performance against Chesterfield.  I think those matches will be foremost in a season ticket holder's mind when it comes to purchasing one for next year.

Having been indoctrinated with the City bug since 66/67 and having been to games in all four divisions, having the gut wrenching episode of 1982 still fresh in my memory, the current plight does not fill me with joy........but, as a SUPPORTER, I'll still be getting my season ticket next season, as I have done for many years.

Its all about ups and downs, unfortunately for the vast majority of the 92 clubs, there are many more downs, making the ups special - 76 sticks in the mind and I really enjoyed the 89/90 season, (except for coming 2nd to the sags).

83/84 wasn't so special, being a 4th division side and the football under Jimmy Lumsden (90/92) was dire, I can't say I enjoyed Wilson's last season either.

But allegiance to a club runs deep and I wouldn't be able to walk away, especially in the knowledge that boards/managers and players come and go, but the true fans remain.

Having been indoctrinated with the City bug since 66/67 and having been to games in all four divisions, having the gut wrenching episode of 1982 still fresh in my memory, the current plight does not fill me with joy........but, as a SUPPORTER, I'll still be getting my season ticket next season, as I have done for many years.

Its all about ups and downs, unfortunately for the vast majority of the 92 clubs, there are many more downs, making the ups special - 76 sticks in the mind and I really enjoyed the 89/90 season, (except for coming 2nd to the sags).

83/84 wasn't so special, being a 4th division side and the football under Jimmy Lumsden (90/92) was dire, I can't say I enjoyed Wilson's last season either.

But allegiance to a club runs deep and I wouldn't be able to walk away, especially in the knowledge that boards/managers and players come and go, but the true fans remain.

same as you mate

Having been indoctrinated with the City bug since 66/67 and having been to games in all four divisions, having the gut wrenching episode of 1982 still fresh in my memory, the curent plight does not fill me with joy........but, as a SUPPORTER, I'll still be getting my season ticket next season, as I have done for many years.

What are you saying then? Only a TRUE and loyal SUPPORTER buys a season ticket and the rest of us are fairweather fans?

That people who are fed up with spending their hard-earned cash season after wasted season are somehow letting the club down?

Don't start the "STH is more of a fan than the 'pay on the day fan'" debate as you'll find yourself in a very small minority.

I remember going up to the 1st, 3 consecutive relegations, the Ashton Gate Eight, Wembley(x2), Big Joe and all that but I'm getting rather hacked off with the empty promises and drivel seeping out of the board room of late. Every home game for me entails a 340 mile round trip with petrol costing about £50, tickets at £20+ a throw so if I decide that the 'entertainment' on offer doesn't come up to scratch then it is my prerogative not to go.

Don't make out that you're a hero for buying a season ticket year after year. Perhaps if people were a bit more selective about the games they watched the board might put more thought into their running of the club. I don't think there'll be as many STHs next year so the board will definitely have to be less blase about the way they spend our money.

:city:

Yep,City have become a 'cup team' raising their game against better opposition.

Very inconsistant against the more average teams & we never know which team is going to turn up & how they are going to perform.

Agree that some of the stuff you mentioned was great to watch,but I would say that we have only been at our best in about 6/8 games this season & out of 35 + games that is clearly not acceptable.

I remember under DW we went on some terrific runs,but never really performed that well.

It was winning footy.

Unfortunately we are very good or acceptionally poor - need more consistancy.

6 or 8 games don't make a season.

Lets hope the next 16 league games reflect the these games. :P

As for your season ticket - I thought your connections were good for the odd freebie!!!!!

• Admin
What are you saying then?  Only a TRUE and loyal SUPPORTER buys a season ticket and the rest of us are fairweather fans?

No, it just makes financial sense, as well as priority tickets for big games

That people who are fed up with spending their hard-earned cash season after wasted season are somehow letting the club down?

Its anyones choice what they do with their money, but for most people their club is something that runs too deep to change.

Don't start the "STH is more of a fan than the 'pay on the day fan'" debate as you'll find yourself in a very small minority.

I didn't, but you obviously have a complex about it.

I remember going up to the 1st, 3 consecutive relegations, the Ashton Gate Eight, Wembley(x2), Big Joe and all that but I'm getting rather hacked off with the empty promises and drivel seeping out of the board room of late.  Every home game for me entails a 340 mile round trip with petrol costing about £50, tickets at £20+ a throw so if I decide that the 'entertainment' on offer doesn't come up to scratch then it is my prerogative not to go.

Quite right, but will you go to another club? or just spend your money on something else?

Don't make out that you're a hero for buying a season ticket year after year.

Where did I do that then, I only endeavoured to explain the inexplicable, that City is in my blood and there appears to be no cure.

Perhaps if people were a bit more selective about the games they watched the board might put more thought into their running of the club.  I don't think there'll be as many STHs next year so the board will definitely have to be less blase about the way they spend our money.

So which board would you rather have, the pie in the sky brigade - "European football in 10 years" or any of the others who have mismanaged this club down the years.

This board are a financial godsend to this club and if anyone else wants to come in with a realistic, well structured takeover, I'm sure they would be welcomed, but until then.......

Guest silkman

Mr Fans should ask to be transfer listed. 6 wins out of 14 league games at home (one in the last six!!!!). AS for Chesterfield when they scored in the first minute,no-one in the Williams stand appeared shocked (it was almost expected) - just about sums up the lack of effort by the majority of players (there are a few honourable exceptions).

I pay for three season tickets and I don't accept that the players and management are not open to criticism - it is my hard earned money and it is my choice where I spend it. My support is dependent on 100 % commitment from the players(not necessarily results) - if they don't give 100% why should I?????

Oh dear. You couldn't quite manage it could you, Schutzhund?

Pompous, sarcastic replies and he claims that he doesn't think that he, a season ticket holder (alleluia!, alleluia!, alleluia,! allelui-ah!), ranks higher than a mere 'pay on the day' fan in the general scheme of things.

As for board mismanagement - this lot have no equal. Have the club made a profit or indeed any money on a player bought and then sold under this bunch?

Let's just watch the attendances fall and the STHs disappear next season.

• Admin
Oh dear.  You couldn't quite manage it could you, Schutzhund?

Manage what?

Pompous, sarcastic replies and he claims that he doesn't think that he, a season ticket holder (alleluia!, alleluia!, alleluia,! allelui-ah!), ranks higher than a mere 'pay on the day' fan in the general scheme of things. 

I don't understand why you have tried to introduce a season ticket holder v pay on the day argument into this thread, the initial post ended like this:

Well_Red

Dave L added:

My comments on season tickets were in response to previous posts about renewing or not renewing them - no one mentioned pay on the day until you did.

As for board mismanagement - this lot have no equal.  Have the club made a profit or indeed any money on a player bought and then sold under this bunch?

No equal? How about the Andy Cole sale? No sell on clause.... The previous board that brought the club to the brink of financial ruin, the board that did take us to financial ruin etc etc.

We haven't been well served by many of our boards, but that seems par for the lower leagues, how many successful businessmen want to invest in a football club. (With the exception of those rich enough to indulge their fantasies)

Let's just watch the attendances fall and the STHs disappear next season.

I'm sure that some bought their tickets on the chance of Div one football on the cheap _ I did, as I had vowed not to buy a ticket for this season if Wilson stayed, when the early offer was made before the play-off I gambled and took it.

As for your season ticket - I thought your connections were good for the odd freebie!!!!!

I wish Richie, I wish. But I pay my way like everyone else, and am happy to do so.

Broadly agree with the rest of your post though. There has been a lot of disappointing stuff , and I'm not pretending that the games I highlighted are representative of the season as a whole. But neither has it been all doom and gloom, which was the point of my original reply to Well Red.

As ever, it's a 46 game season, and as we're only 3 points off the play-offs it strikes me there's still plenty to play for.

Bit selective there.  Don't forget to mention the 23 games where we haven't won, culminating in the pathetic, gutless and laughable performance against Chesterfield.  I think those matches will be foremost in a season ticket holder's mind when it comes to purchasing one for next year.

Harsh but true: Wednesday, Lu'on, and Torquay at home in particular.£100 for two of us to watch garbage like that???? don't extract the gypsies out of the fans for too long, or helloooooooooooo 7-8000 gates. Notice they are slightly down on last season already...

well I see my little jest has excited some interest on here. Of course I'm not going to walk away from the club that I have suppported since I was a nipper. I have seen them play in all four divisions in that time and would follow them into the Conference if we ever fell that far.

The point is that there are an awful lot of fairweather fans who only want to go when the team are playing well and winning most of their home games - which we aren't. We need the gate money from these fans - not just the money from the die-hards.

Well_Red

:city:

I wish Richie, I wish. But I pay my way like everyone else, and am happy to do so.

Broadly agree with the rest of your post though. There has been a lot of disappointing stuff , and I'm not pretending that the games I highlighted are representative of the season as a whole. But neither has it been all doom and gloom, which was the point of my original reply to Well Red.

As ever, it's a 46 game season, and as we're only 3 points off the play-offs it strikes me there's still plenty to play for.

:city: - Yep only jesting about the ticket Dave,I know full well that you are a true paid up member of the 'hand in pocket' fan.

And I have to say that you are also right in the fact we are only just off the play-off pace.

My concerns remain that with the squad available & the money spent,we shouldnt at this satge of the season still be believing that play-offs still can be reached.

We should be up there with Luton Hull & Tranmere & at worst we should be well & truly involved in the play-off places.

The table shows that we amy only be 3 points off 6th, but it also shows we are 4 points away from 13th place.

Even more a worry is that many teams have games in hand & we go into some tough games with a poor performance under our belt.

The next few games are crucial.

Well_Red

Am I alone in thinking this was funny/humorous? Blimey where has all the humour gone?

Am I alone in thinking this was funny/humorous?  Blimey where has all the humour gone?

I read it and laughed aswell, and the next post from magilla too.I thought I had come across an article from The Incider (gone but not forgotten, where is Edson by the way???).

It was only when I read DaveL's post that it got serious and I wondered if I had read the first 2 posts the wrong way! :city:

Later on, in the same interview, Tinnion also blamed the Ashton Gate pitch for City's slump.  Tinnion carped, "It's basically the same pitch that was here when Danny was manager.  He was happy with it but I'm not - it's definitely affected our performances and anything or anyone that was here before my tenure is obviously to blame.  I'll be looking to have it dug up and returfed before the Walsall game."

In a further twist, Tinnion also blamed the ground itself and called for the immediate demolition of all four current stands.  Tinnion explained, "That's where all the ones who criticise me sit.  The people who watched Danny's team used to sit up there as well and I don't want anything from my predecessor's time affecting my team at all."

Tinnion went on, "I've spoken to the board about it and they've agreed to start with the Wedlock stand which will hopefully be renamed the Tinnion End.  Once that's out of the way, the Dolman will be knocked down and renamed the Millen Stand, the Williams will be called the Laycock stand and the Atyeo will become the Lansdown End.  Hopefully, that will sort the teams attitude out and the performances will begin to improve.  I don't see what else we could do but hopefully we can look to the future."

Following yesterday's meeting, Tin's has gone back to the board with further proposals. Having already identified the clubs fans as a major reason for the club's lack of success, his research has reached another , more serious conclusion. He pointed out that it seemed that the majority of fans are Bristolian, and the main reason for this seemed to be the fact that the club was, and had always been located in Bristol and for most of that time the club had consistantly underacheived.

The solution is therefore simple - move the club away. His recommendation is to move to Manchester ( as it hasn't done United any harm )Tin's indicated that he would be quite willling to go to evening claesses to learn the new language required to manage sucesfully up there ( Glaswegian!) Another benefit of such a move would be to give City an immediate and huge fan base in the affluent South East of England. The Chairman liked this idea as he would be able to increase ticket prices as the new fans could easily afford the price hike. The caterers would also be able to make huge profits on Pukka Prawn Pies.

One of the board did point out that there was already a club called City in Manchester. No problem said Tins, we can relocate very near Manchester and call ourselves Stockport City - it's about the same isn't it?

It STARTED as humourous, then er shall we say raw nerves were touched. We're all City fans for life, regardless if you are season ticket holder, or like some of us, long distance travellers to games.

You cant be serious about the quality of fare currently being served as good, and cant seriously question the fan, who's decided enough is enough.

Personally, I can go to six different teams with in 30 minutes, and another 8 or nine within the hour, but aint no 'ckin way less City are playing, I'm ever going to go to them. Same for you Magilla? I picked this club for life, but it don't mean I have to put up with the kack. been there done that, got the t shirt-regular between 82, and 91. Some of you have been going every year for far longer than that. All depends on what you can afford or are prepared to do, don't it?

Just remember no club exists without its fans-ALL of em. Look at the Dongs, ###!!!! all seven of em. :city: (Yep they are one of the "local" "teams" ahem!! :city::city:

Guest Tactical Genius

I thought number 31 had always left before the final whistle anyway, or at the very least were hovering by the exit. Presumably it is this lack of commitment that has forced the managers hand.

I thought number 31 had always left before the final whistle anyway, or at the very least were hovering by the exit. Presumably it is this lack of commitment that has forced the managers hand.

Also Steve L has been very aware of fans criticism of the smoking and drinking culture at the club. The Chairman does see this as a problem and now feels an example has to be made, which is why fans No 31 is on the way out.

He is quoted today as saying "the majority of City fans like a drink and a smoke, which is all well and good, as well all do this from time to time. However, I cannot condone the fact that many of them do so on match days, and quite openely , and this is bound to have an advserse effect on their performance during a game".

When it was put to him that many fans need a smoke to steady their nerves before, during and after games, and drink because of the stress of supporting City this season, he replied " this is often given as an excuse, but it doesn't wash with me. I ask if you were givien the opportunity of supporting an underacheiving Division 3 club for £20 a week, I'm sure you would be prepared to give up drinking and smoking if it meant you were at the peak of your powers on the terraces". He also went on to say that fans smoking and drinking was not the example he wanted to be set for his squad of young, fit professsional athletes goning their bodies to the peak of physical perfection.

Archived