IGNORED

Another Player On The Way Out

Martyn Hocking

It STARTED as humourous, then er shall we say raw nerves were touched. We're all City fans for life, regardless if you are season ticket holder, or like some of us, long distance travellers to games.

You cant be serious about the quality of fare currently being served as good, and cant seriously question the fan, who's decided enough is enough.

Personally, I can go to six different teams with in 30 minutes, and another 8 or nine within the hour, but aint no 'ckin way less City are playing, I'm ever going to go to them. Same for you Magilla? I picked this club for life, but it don't mean I have to put up with the kack. been there done that, got the t shirt-regular between 82, and 91. Some of you have been going every year for far longer than that. All depends on what you can afford or are prepared to do, don't it?

Just remember no club exists without its fans-ALL of em. Look at the Dongs, ###!!!! all seven of em. :city:  (Yep they are one of the "local" "teams" ahem!! :city:  :city:

Thanks God it's become humorous again.

No I won't be going to watch any other club. I'll still go down and watch City but I'm becoming more and more selective about the games I watch. In fact, I've only ever once watched a professional league game that didn't involve City. It was in 1983 to watch Spurs beat Liverpool 2-0 at WHL (Archibald scored 2?). Should have been at Twickers the same day as Bris beat the Tigers to win the JP Cup. Oh well never mind.

It's just got to the point that every home game is costing me £100 a time and I have to ask myself 'Is it worth it?' At the moment it isn't. Any way back to the humour...

Tinnion has blamed the floodlights at Ashton Gate for City's current poor home form. Tinnion explained, "As well as being the floodlights that were here when Danny was manager, they're also very bright and shiny. The light reflects off the ball, dazzles us and we can't see the darn thing. That's why Steve missed it against Chesterfield and I accept his explanation."

Tinnion continued, "We've done some research into the problem of light pollution and we've decided to wear special sport 'sunglasses'. They're pretty similar to the ones Edgar Davids has been wearing but they'll have red lenses instead of orange ones. The only down side is that players who've been on the lash will be able to hide their hangovers that much more easily but I'm sure we'll find a way around it."

Tinnion went on, "We're also hoping to have some sort of nose/mouth air filter fitted to these sport sunglasses as well. It'll look like a gasmask, I know, but it will improve the players air intake and improve their performance. It'll also make it difficult for players to have a crafty puff at half-time or when there is an extended break in play. The team have been measured up for them and we'll be wearing them for the Walsall match. Now we can look to the future with confidence."

Guest Tactical Genius
Tinnion has blamed the floodlights at Ashton Gate for City's current poor home form.  Tinnion explained, "As well as being the floodlights that were here when Danny was manager, they're also very bright and shiny.  The light reflects off the ball, dazzles us and we can't see the darn thing.  That's why Steve missed it against Chesterfield and I accept his explanation." 

Meanwhile, the original lights that were brought through the system by Bristol City, were released for a nominal fee when the ground became all-seater.

They went on to to appear at a higher level for Wigan Athletic.

Tinns has discovered another problem, which has afflicted his lads this season.

All the cider which has been consumed is causing the players to be short of breath-there being very few cider afficionados among the team these days.

Fans are asked to refrain from drinking it as it affects the performances (ooooer missus) of the northern lads who miss thei graaaaaavy..and the flat caps, whippets etc etc)

So do Tinns a favour (and y'selves) drink Nuclear Assault, and help performances. As a side effect, you'll look at the game through beer glasses better anyways!! :city:

Quite honestly I think number 31 SHOULD be dropped.

Some of his performances at Ashton Gate this season have been appalling. Its one thing to say what you think in the pub, among friends or on forums like this. But the booing and abusing of players at home is going too far and putting them under unnecessary pressure. Of course number 31 is entitled to his opinion as a paying spectator, but ask yourself this - is the booing actually improving the situation ?

Of course it isnt.

Quite honestly I think number 31 SHOULD be dropped.

Some of his performances at Ashton Gate this season have been appalling.  Its one thing to say what you think in the pub, among friends or on forums like this.  But the booing and abusing of players at home is going too far and putting them under unnecessary pressure.  Of course number 31 is entitled to his opinion as a paying spectator, but ask yourself this - is the booing actually improving the situation ?

Of course it isnt.

Well said.

Let the weak ones get picked off by the lions. And even though the herd will be smaller, it will be stronger.

Archived