IGNORED

Butler Has Gone To Blackpool

Corsham Ed

Guest fatherdougal

I wish him well. It looks like a move that benefits everybody. Us, because it helps spring clean the back line. Blackpool, because they appear to have had a 'height' issue in that position. And TB himself who wants to be closer to home. So, excellent all round I'd say.

Guest thatchermeup

Yeah fair play to him.

He has always given 100% and has mostly been quite solid. Only problem was his pace. I must say I do prefer Ireland.

Also he was honest with tins, can only be applauded!

Will look forward to seeing him at end of the month.

Thanks for all the work tony :D

Good luck to the bloke.........apart from when they play us!

With the potential sale of Coles and the signing of Ireland, this now, in my view, means we need the following players:

1.Centre Half

2.Dominant Passing, Central,Free Kick Taking/Goal Scoring Midfielder, unless LW play's there and fits the bill!

3.Target Man Striker.

Given those signings, I've no problem with Doherty moving on as well.Miller is doing well, so Hearts may find the cash to take him off our hands, if he fancies staying North of the Border.

We also need to make uo our mind about a LB/LWB if Bell moves on, probably at the end of the season.I know Woodman may well return a better player and that could solve it, but CF is a far better central defender, particularly in a 3-5-2 and is no wing back.

I'm happy with Goodfellow at home to a point, but he can be a bit of a liability, away.

Good move all round.

I always liked Butler and wish him all the best, when he played poorly (as everyone does sometimes) you always knew it wasn't down to lack of effort or poor attitude. Megson was glowing in praise of him when he signed for us from WBA and Wilson and Tinnion have both commented on his professionalism.

Let's hope Ireland's promising start continues and that Tinnion can continue to build his own side with the cash from a few more departures.

BB, why the hell do we need another striker? "Target Man Striker", you like Brooker!

He's posted that a few times, giving the reason that we have no natural replacement as a target man/holding up player if he gets injured.

I can't say I disagree although we do have more than enough players on the books competing for the front two spots.

Personally I'd think a loan with a view to Miller being back next season would be sufficient.

Nibor

Archived