IGNORED

Tinman

Maltshoveller

This is by no way a criticism of TINMAN, but does anyone eles apart from me

think that the team play better without him???

When hes in the team everything seems to have to go through him

which at times slows the play up (two passes when one would do)

We have other players who can open up teams, but when tins is on the pitch

they seem to "pass the buck" instead of taking on the responsibility and making the killing pass themselves.

When hes not there they HAVE to do it themselves.

Good post.

I think that at times it seems that every player passes the ball to Tinman as they feel it is an easy option for them, I mean how often does Tinman receive the ball and lose/waste posession - 1 in 10 times? so thats probably why that happens.

This said we do look good with Tinman in the team and dont forget last year a large majority of Scott Murray runs were thanks to link up play with Tinman.

However I feel when he isnt playing it does give the other players a sense of 'freedom' to express themselves more as they need to do when you havent got someone of Tinnions passing quality.

We saw against Bournemouth Tommy, Luke, and Aaron all passed the ball alot better and with great confidence.

It is a win win situation really but given the choice, I would start with Tinman everytime.

I wouldn't say the team play better or worse without Tinnion in the side.He's a very capable 2nd Division player who does the simple things well.He can pass and shut down the opposition well and on occaisions can pull of a match winning pass,but so can Wilkshire,Docherty,Bell and Clist.

His main asset to the team is his experience and his ability to influence younger players.

I believe Tinnion is overated, although having said that has merited his place in the last few games. Would suggest that his pass completion/waste is greater than 1-10. Possibly 6/7-10. This includes passes where City players have to check their runs to retrieve a pass thats gone behind the would be recipient and as a result the momentum of the attack slows.

Younger players seem to feel compelled to give the ball to Tinnion, so when the old fella isn't playing the team seem to play with a greater freedom.

We do not need a player (of any description) taking the ball off the back four 30 yards inside our own half, when all of the defence are capable of bringing the ball out themselves.

Wilkshire is the find of the season, without doubt, so we need to compliment him-and my choice would be Doherty ahead of Tinnion/Burnell/Clist.

This certainly used to be the case.

But more and more you now see Tinnion giving the ball to Wilkshire to make something happen. He is a different type of player to Tins, and his movement off the ball is better. It gives another option. I don't think we'll be any worse or better off without Tins in the side.

But having said that, we dominated the midfield on Saturday and Wilkshire and Doherty complimented eachother well.

When Tins plays with Doherty or Burnell our midfield often ends up too deep, as they both play deep. As mentioned above, we're better picking one of Doherty and Tinnion to compliment the more attacking Wilkshire.

Tinman's the best passer of a ball in this division bar none.

He plays with a passion that is often lacking when he's not playing. The sort of passion that on a bad day keeps the team going and the fans too.

Who else could have provided the perfect corner for Miller to score the late winner against Barnsley the other week?

I wish he'd shoot alot more, like at Brentford. Apart from that, Wilkshire's recent form and Doherty's on Sunday ( but not previously) give us some hope that there will be life in our midfield after Tinman.

When he was used "sparingly" at the start of the season he was badly missed.

I'd like to see alot more than one good City performance without him before we are forced to contemplate a Tinnionless future.

Good shout.

As with others on this thread, on occassions Tins has been a match winner & with younger players around him his has shown the fight for the battle.

Likes to show the crowd his willingness & chase a lot of lost cause's :(

But it has been said on a number of occasions that players like AB & TD play better when he is not playing & with DW leaving him out early doors, I think Management believe he is not the 1st name down on the teamsheet.

Saturday was good proof & I for one believe that LW is the one to take on the playmaker mantle. He has two feet & is a lot more agile. And as proved Saturday, TD & AB are brought more into the game.

Difficult one but, we will miss LW far more than we would BT

Archived