IGNORED

Just Seen The Goal On Itv West

Big Red Rich

Fair play to Leroy. The fact he dedicated the game to the gaffer shows a bit of commitment I think. I think he enjoys playing his football at City and will give him maybe one more season if we don't go up. At the end of the day he WILL leave the club, lets just hope he has helped win us promotion before he leaves.

Once again, fair play Leroy - if anyone deserves it, he does.

BRR

Like I've said in another thread, I've never pretended to be his biggest fan, nor am I about to change my mind and say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He still has his faults, and is far from the complete player - then again he is only 19.

He's just scored on his England debut, and to be honest he didn't really look out of place on a field surrounded by Premiership based players. He caused a couple of problems, scored a goal, and generally gave a very good account of himself tonight.

He's dedicated the game to Tins, and rightly so. DW didn't think he was ready for the first eleven (to be honest myself and many others on here questioned it as well), however BT had made his mind up that he was good enough, and has stuck by him all season.

Well done Leroy for scoring tonight, but also well done for Brian Tinnion for making it happen.

From what I've read, didnt Tinman give him a lift home after the game?

BRR

I know he was taken up by the club, although didn't know that it was Tins who went with him.

Makes sense though when you think about it, at least Taylor can't tap Lita up with BT there :cool::whistle:

Like I've said in another thread, I've never pretended to be his biggest fan, nor am I about to change my mind and say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He still has his faults, and is far from the complete player - then again he is only 19.

I agree with a lot of that Taz, but you, I and others on here may have been guilty of focussing on his faults instead of his talents.

To score for your country is excellent achievement at any level, I would like to think that the benefit will come our way. At the very least his confidence will be sky high and he will surely benefit from the better standard of coaching.

Whether the goal will encourage the Management to include him in the next squad will be interesting. They will at least know they can turn to him again in an injury crisis.

I agree with a lot of that Taz, but you, I and others on here may have been guilty of focussing on his faults instead of his talents.

To score for your country is excellent achievement at any level, I would like to think that the benefit will come our way. At the very least his confidence will be sky high and he will surely benefit from the better standard of coaching.

Whether the goal will encourage the Management to include him in the next squad will be interesting. They will at least know they can turn to him again in an injury crisis.

The perception is that when people point out some of the boys failings, it is seen as a dig.

I'm pleased because it puts him in touch with better coaches and better players, all of which are good for his development.

well done Leroy.

:whistle:

(and he's still got his golden boots!!)

Archived