IGNORED

Tommy Is Fit And Ready.

leadman

so many post on here are claiming tommy aint fit.

he just done is best bleep test ever, he is fit and wants to play.

tommy and tinnion just don't get on, they were never keen when both were players and its just got worse when tinnion became the manager.

theres no doubting is lack of discipline this season has been an eye opener, but then again hes been no worse than smith and he gets the captaincy, strange don't you think

tommy and tinnion just don't get on, they were never keen when both were players and its just got worse when tinnion became the manager.

theres no doubting is lack of discipline this season has been an eye opener, but then again hes been no worse than smith and he gets the captaincy, strange don't you think

So if he's so fit and raring to go why has he been playing like a drain for most of the season, He puts more effort into berating referees at every opportunity, Than doing his job.

So if he's so fit and raring to go why has he been playing like a drain for most of the season, He puts more effort into berating referees at every opportunity, Than doing his job.

hes still had good moments, i think it might tell you in my post what the problem is, yes ive said, his disciplines a problem but so is smiths, look whats happened to smith and look whats happened to tommy,tinnion has his favs and tommy aint one of em, i for one will not be a happy chap if hes given away,quality players should not be given away, if tommy and tinns cant sort it out like adults then tinns and tommy can go whatsit themselves.

hes still had good moments, i think it might tell you in my post what the problem is, yes ive said, his disciplines a problem but so is smiths, look whats happened to smith and look whats happened to tommy,tinnion has his favs and tommy aint one of em, i for one will not be a happy chap if hes given away,quality players should not be given away, if tommy and tinns cant sort it out like adults then tinns and tommy can go whatsit themselves.

I agree that Smith is indisciplined at times. In fairness, the team as a whole is (Phillips' bookings for example and the fact that we have one of the worst yellow/red card records in the league).

Smith, though, has not got a reputation of being unfit. Whatever Doherty's bleeper tests say, he has struggled this season fitness wise. And there have also been times when he has looked disinterested. As paying fans, surely that is not the kind of attitude we want to see.

I think the ball is in Doherty's court more than it is Tinnion's because if Doherty was up to fitness and playing to his ability every week then there would be no problem whatsoever - he would probably be the first name on the teamsheet.

As per usual you're not too far off the mark leadman.

End of the day if Doherty can't respect Tinnion as manager, then he has to go...

Tinnion is sacrificing skill and potential for desire. Only time will tell if it works.

I'm off to get lashed. Cheerio.

Guest Jamesonjoe

Where in a players contract does it say he has

to like the manager?.Goes for everybody, if you

like your gaffer great,if you don't fine,

just do your job so the ****er cant say

a word to you and have a big grin on your

face when your doing it.

Or if you cant do that someone has to go.

Is he fit to play 90 minutes and put in 100% effort?

Well, Tins isn't going anywhere, so if Tommy can't resolve this "problem" he should quit.

I think this says more about your gripe with Smith, than with putting Tommy in a positive light, which you've also failed to do.

Agreed he's never been the fitest of players but you will have trouble convincing me that he's not the best midfielder at the club.

Granted very poor season so far, also very poor start to last years campaign but for the latter half of the season he dominated midfield and helped city dominate teams at home and away.

Has that happened recently?

The Doc MUST stay and fight for his place. Tins must get over his personal problems with the Doc and manage the lad not discard him.

ureds

oh come on, hes never done more than 70 mins a game,even when he was 18, i know he should and baffles me how any pro footballer cant last a full game but some of em just don't.

What other professional players cannot complete more than seventy minutes of football on a regular basis due to a lack of fitness? There may have been some, but off the top of my head I cant think of one!

This is nonsense.

I watched Tommy in the reserves last week (against Cheltenham's second team for Christ's sake) and after an hour at that level he was hunched over in midfield in his usual hands on hips style.

He is NOT fit, end of story (he couldn't even track his man in the first minute against Chesterfield), he cannot play 90 minutes, he cannot keep up.

Undoubtedly in the past when he has got somewhere near match fitness he looks the very good player we know he can be, but it happens too infrequently to make him worth the bother.

Also seeing as you mention Jamie Smith, he has been booked 4 times in 28 appearances, Tommy Doc has been booked 9 times in 16 starts! hardly the same, is it?

This is nonsense.

I watched Tommy in the reserves last week (against Cheltenham's second team for Christ's sake) and after an hour at that level he was hunched over in midfield in his usual hands on hips style.

He is NOT fit, end of story (he couldn't even track his man in the first minute against Chesterfield), he cannot play 90 minutes, he cannot keep up.

Undoubtedly in the past when he has got somewhere near match fitness he looks the very good player we know he can be, but it happens too infrequently to make him worth the bother.

Also seeing as you mention Jamie Smith, he has been booked 4 times in 28 appearances, Tommy Doc has been booked 9 times in 16 starts! hardly the same, is it?

erm how many reckless tackles, penalties conceeded etc etc... Anyway not getting into that comparism. If Doc isnt fit then why the hell insist on him only playing 45mins midweek in the NI friendly. Petty spite perhaps??

ureds

a bloody tory aswell, cmon at the end of the day, tommys a quality player

So because I think Tony Blair is the biggest lying scumbag of a Prime Minister in living memory you assume i'm a Tory, My arguement re-Tommy yes he is a quality player, But, Not for the first time in his City career he heart dosen't seem to be in it at the moment, This was the same during an 18 month period when DW was manager about 4 years or so ago.

As you made an assumption about me I will make one about you, Labour spin doctors don't worry your jobs are not at threat from Leadman, After all his in his defence of Tommy the spin for this so far miserable season was "he's had some good moments".

Jamie Smith: 4 bookings this season

Tommy Doherty: 9 bookings this season

I'd say it's fairly obvious which is the more disciplined player.

Guest hairyshamrock

Tommy isn't fit, no way as long as his a$$ is point down!

I too saw the reserves last week and he is a long way from fit. A bleep test does not mean your fit, its just one of these fancy ways of showing some fitness. However, it is only part of the story which i'm not going to complete here.

I'm a middle distance charity runner and will offer tommy a race over 5 miles if he thinks he's fit. And come to think of it, Mickey Bell can come too, i'd wait for them at the finish line!

Tommy may well be the fittest he has ever been in his life. But it still aint fit enough.

He may well be achieving personal bests in his bleep test or whatever but fact is that still isnt as fit as his peers and not fit enough to play at this standard of football.

I think we could go round in circles with this one. Apparently tommy has been working hard with a fitness coach and has progressed to a level at which he hasn't been before.

But this is a far way from being match fit, agility plays a small part in fitness test's like the bleep test but a huge part in a football match. Without games his match fitness will not increase. He can run up and down in a straight line as long as he likes, but without the jumping, lunging, sprinting and battling he won't be as good as he can be.

Tommy may well be the fittest he has ever been in his life. But it still aint fit enough.

He may well be achieving personal bests in his bleep test or whatever but fact is that still isnt as fit as his peers and not fit enough to play at this standard of football.

Some of you have such short memories.

Last season tommy dragged us to the play offs almost single handedly. The year before he ran the midfield and carried that useless donkey Burnell and made him look half decent. He was the only one who turned up at the millennium stadium and played. He was the only one walking around afterwards clapping fans while the others sat down heads bowed.

Someone said earlier he wasn't fit enough to track his man in the first min of the Chesterfield game... well if u watched the rest of the match he dragged us back into that game. He was pulling the strings and when he was taken off our team stopped going forward. FACT.

The boy IS CLASS. HE is City through and through. I will be gutted if he goes. I REALLY HOPE HIM and Tinman sort out their differences.

Last season tommy dragged us to the play offs almost single handedly. The year before he ran the midfield and carried that useless donkey Burnell and made him look half decent. He was the only one who turned up at the millennium stadium and played. He was the only one walking around afterwards clapping fans while the others sat down heads bowed.

Someone said earlier he wasn't fit enough to track his man in the first min of the Chesterfield game... well if u watched the rest of the match he dragged us back into that game. He was pulling the strings and when he was taken off our team stopped going forward. FACT.

The boy IS CLASS. HE is City through and through. I will be gutted if he goes. I REALLY HOPE HIM and Tinman sort out their differences.

But longer memories than some as I can remember him doing absolutely sod all for the first half of last season and being one of the main contributers to the precarious position we found ourselves in - from which he so graciously decided to help us get out of.

don't get me wrong a fully fit and firing Tommy is a plus to us - but we've seen neither the 'fully fit' nor the 'firing' thus far this season (unless you count the obscenities firing from his gob in the direction the ref - or anyone else for that matter) so he's not worth his place in the team and has a long way to go to prove otherwise.

The year before he ran the midfield and carried that useless donkey Burnell and made him look half decent.

Who was carrying who there?

In my opinion it was Burnell's hard work that compensated for Tommy's lack of fitness and allowed him to play. Tommy needs a Burnell or an Orr alongside him to do his running and tackling back for him. Sadly, Tommy isn't much of an attacking midfielder either, so we end up playing too defensively.

I second that LeedsRed

Come on Doc and Tins shake hands and get on with what we all want and get City out of this 'HELL' of a leage. Starting tonight with a win against Warsaw. :yawn:;)

Guest lee_Theobald

Tommy is still a good player but i do not know if his heart with city maybe he wants to move on if he does Tinman sell him and get money for it but don't sell him cheap though :yawn: Come on City

But longer memories than some as I can remember him doing absolutely sod all for the first half of last season and being one of the main contributers to the precarious position we found ourselves in - from which he so graciously decided to help us get out of.

don't get me wrong a fully fit and firing Tommy is a plus to us - but we've seen neither the 'fully fit' nor the 'firing' thus far this season (unless you count the obscenities firing from his gob in the direction the ref - or anyone else for that matter) so he's not worth his place in the team and has a long way to go to prove otherwise.

RUBBISH - i've had enough of the absolute witch hunt that goes on this site concerning player/management/board etc. Every player has dips in form, the team, fans, management all wanted promotion. IT hasn't happened we are all frustrated. Tommy could still be gutted about millennium stadium last season i still am. I am still angry at the some of the players that let us down that day. But u didn't find me on here slagginng them off bitchin about this that and the other. What happened to constructive football chat on this website?? Rather than the constant rubbishing of which ever player takes your pick this week. Be ashemd of urselves.

Support the BOYS

were you happy with his performance last season, offcourse you were, we all were, hes as fit now as he was then.

Who was carrying who there?

In my opinion it was Burnell's hard work that compensated for Tommy's lack of fitness and allowed him to play. Tommy needs a Burnell or an Orr alongside him to do his running and tackling back for him. Sadly, Tommy isn't much of an attacking midfielder either, so we end up playing too defensively.

Oh no no!

Not a chance our kid! I remember being watching the central midfield battles, looking at their positioning, ball winning and distribution. Burnell was carried 100% Tom used to mop up any second ball. Burnell off the ball running used to be down blind allys... Tom was always there to win the ball back. Drive us forward and protect the back 4. The reason we never got promoted when Burnell played was because the boy was useless and couldn't score. If we'd had a scoring central midfielder we'd have gone up. FACT! I think your arguement somewht falls down looking at where and how Burnell is doing now.

RUBBISH - i've had enough of the absolute witch hunt that goes on this site concerning player/management/board etc. Every player has dips in form, the team, fans, management all wanted promotion. IT hasn't happened we are all frustrated. Tommy could still be gutted about millennium stadium last season i still am. I am still angry at the some of the players that let us down that day. But u didn't find me on here slagginng them off bitchin about this that and the other. What happened to constructive football chat on this website?? Rather than the constant rubbishing of which ever player takes your pick this week. Be ashemd of urselves.

Support the BOYS

I'm not conducting any sort of which hunt. Yes every player has dips in form of course they do and thats to be expected and i have no doubt Tommy was as disappointed as the rest of us.

However what I would expect from him is a doubling of efforts - him working harder than ever to make sure that such disappointment doesnt happen again. In my opinion that is not what he has done. He has not played to anywhere near his potential or ability this season as well as ****il recently) letting his already low levels of natural fitness drop even further.

This has sadly made him more of a hinderance to the team than a benefit this season.

Now whether this is because he doesnt get on with Tinnion or not or any other reason i don't know and to honest i don't care,. He is paid very well to represent this football club and has let himslef the management and us down this season.

That is my opinion - not a witch hunt - if you don't agree or like it thats fine - i'm not going to lose any sleep over that - and welcome proper argument to contrary.

As for 'constructive football chat' - merely stating my opinion as RUBBISH isnt exactly over constructive now is it??

Archived