IGNORED

Lansdown Quotes In Today's Ep

headhunter

Steve L is the backpage headline in to-day's EP in which he praises the club's current form but there are one or two comments in there which are quite interesting and could be construed a a veiled threat to DW :

Quote after Barnsley FA Cup exit "... I was upset and had my say on the matter privately"

And then inside the back page "Had I thought the effort was not being put in though I'd have made changes but that is not the case.

What does he mean by changes ? Manager? Influencing who should be in the team ?

We ARE in a good position now but 3 of the next 4 are away against what should be beatable opposition - 2 wins and 2 draws is the minimum acceptable performance.

EP also mentions City are speaking with Cureton's agent but deal unlikely as South Korean club hold his registration and allegedly want £150k to release it.

As for Goodfellow - Stoke City reserve, thank you but no. What message does that send to our academy hopefuls ?

Yep, I would say that SL has his finger firmly on the pulse.

He seems determind that this WILL be our season & if he thinks the season will be threatened by poor performances then something will be done.

I believe that SL & DW would have had words after Barnsley & prior to that.

Speaking pre-season it looked as if Bell was an answer to midfield problems (SL's words) - but not sure who was saying this DW or from SL.

No doubt that the original playing system didn't work out & SL has had a big influence on the re jigged midfield & style. :(

Guest Harry May

No problem with Steve L having his finger on the pulse or on having "words" if unhappy with performance or commitment . After all he ( and other board members ) have invested heavily.

Would be very uncomfortable if it went any further than that though.

Tatics and team selection should be left to the manager and his assistant.

Caldicot Red.

I disagree Harry.

I think the team selection and future transfers in and out of the club should be decided by the incisive and thought provoking views and considered opinions of the forum members.

Happy new year mate.

Guest Harry May

Jim , not sure if you know this , but the forum do select the team and prepare the tatics . We do it on a rota basis .

My turn on the rota was the Wycombe game . Hence the fantastic head butt from The Doc and the fact that we were vastly outnumbered but still stood our ground.

The fact that we lost 3-0 ( according to some reports on the internet ) is a minor problem. We enjoyed yourselves , and had a good evening out - which is all that matters .

Bristol Boy was in charge for the Bournemouth home game , hence the superlative team performance and the flattering scoreline to Bournemouth.

Not sure when you are supposed to be in charge , if you are lucky enough it might be the Luton Away game ( just up the road for you ).

Got to go - I have to take my medication.

Have a Happy New Year .

Caldicot Red.

No problem with Steve L having his finger on the pulse or on having "words" if unhappy with performance or commitment . After all he ( and other board members ) have invested heavily.

Would be very uncomfortable if it went any further than that though.

Tatics and team selection should be left to the manager and his assistant.

Caldicot Red.

<br /> Yes but sometimes managers and people working day in day out with the players can get confused and fazed and may not see the simple things.

Sometimes they need to be shown in the right direction.

Probably all that driving to and from Chesterfield knackered DW out.

Guest east_dundry_red

What message does that send to our academy hopefuls ?

I couldnt give a toss about the 'academy hopefulls' if the bloke is good enouth to improve this team them the academy hopefulls can stay stuck in the academy for now.

As for Goodfellow - Stoke City reserve, thank you but no. What message does that send to our academy hopefuls ?

... that to challenge for promotion we (the management) think we need someone with a bit of experience who can play on either flank and chip in with the odd goal?

Archived