IGNORED

Renewing Your Season Ticket?

grebes

At last, a true supporter.

It is nothing to do with being a "true supporter." A city fan who may love the club with all his/her heart but never been to a match in their life is still a "true supporter."

I'm 16 and have been a Season Ticket holder for 8 years. I'm lucky enough to have someone to take me to the Gate week in week out. I'm lucky enough to have mates who i get a coach to away games with. However, I'm at the point in my life now where i really need a part time job and there's been nothing this year to convince me to stick to the football. That doesn't mean the first thing i will do on a Saturday evening is find the City score and hope we've won, becuase I will. That doesn't mean I'll try to get to a game when i have a chance, because I will.

Now any "true supporter" can only put up with so much boredom. Any "true supporter" can only pay so much money each year to watch the same predictible football. And yes maybe if we go on a long unbeaten run next year, we'll all come running back, but that's what it's about, winning. I just really don't understand sitting, watching a loads of crud which you're paying for, and that's what it is at the moment.

Now you say you'd watch Rovers even if they were in the conference, well whoopy to you, take a gold medal, but to be honest, no one cares.

At the end of the day even if I decide not to get a season ticket next year, I still consider myself a true supporter and still hope for the club to push on and for Bristol to have at least one successful football team.

One team :city:

I've always said that once it goes above £20 a game and your not enjoying it, walk away and do something else.

Well that is fast approaching, I won't be renewing next season because I can't afford to, I will pick and choose like so many others do, I'm committed to the club but the team are a disgrace, they are taking the p1$$.

I've been banging-on on the Rovers forum for ages, that it's getting harder to justify spending the equivilent of a family day out for me and my daughter to go to a match. We could go bowling for a fiver, which is usually fun!! Football clubs have everything going against them in terms of competing with other entertainment on offer. Obviously it's obligitory that a football club needs to charge top prices for substandard food and drink. Also we all accept that it should cost more to go to a football match than to the cinema or bowling or karting or jetski-ing or windsurfing or watching rugby or cricket or bands and dj's or pretty much any other form of entertainment. But if our clubs are going to really take the micky and start playing for the 0-0 when we're at home against a team lower than us in the league, and then playing the loyalty card to try and blackmail us into buying tickets for what we know will be a miserable afternoon, it gets harder and harder for me to justify. I have boycotted Rovers LDV game on tuesday as the club has raised ticket prices to higher than for a league match (for me as a STH) in order to wring every last penny from the fans for a 1st leg cup match that they're trying to sell as a 'big game', which it isn't, the 2nd leg possibly, but not the 1st. I pay £130 to go to Glastonbury because it is great value for money, 3 days of top quality entertainment from world class acts. There are other festivals that offer a similar product, the line ups are rarely as good but the ticket prices are usually much lower. In football, it seems these basic commercial rules don't apply and i find myself paying 'Glastonbury' prices to see not The Rolling Stones and U2 but Shawaddywaddy and Fred Wedlock!!

Football is about supporting your team through thick and thin, but when half of the squad can't be bothered, then why should you put yourself out - struggle to afford a season ticket and then get what we are currently getting in return?

I think this quote sums up the current dilemma for many City fans - don't forget that loyalty is a two-way street.

Am thinking of going to the MK away game for some DW nostalgia - at least one side might play some good football!

Guest TauntonRed

My son and I travel 100 miles for every home game, have had a season ticket for the last 10 years and will not be renewing next season. I have supported City for nearly 40 years, and I can't ever remember such lack of commitment from players wearing the City shirt.

I was prepared to give Brian a chance at the beginning of the season, and still am, but he needs some support from an experienced number 2. There is obviously far more wrong with the squad than the snippets that come out, but Steve Lansdown needs to ask why it has gone wrong and take action.

He is a business man, and surely understands that if he loses 1000 season tickets, he will have £300,000 less to spend, and my guess is that it will be a lot more than that!!!!

My son and I travel 100 miles for every home game, have had a season ticket for the last 10 years and will not be renewing next season. I have supported City for nearly 40 years, and I can't ever remember such lack of commitment from players wearing the City shirt.

I was prepared to give Brian a chance at the beginning of the season, and still am, but he needs some support from an experienced number 2. There is obviously far more wrong with the squad than the snippets that come out, but Steve Lansdown needs to ask why it has gone wrong and take action.

He is a business man, and surely understands that if he loses 1000 season tickets, he will have £300,000 less to spend, and my guess is that it will be a lot more than that!!!!

Well done i say, forget these people saying you are not a true fan, you are just as much a fan as anyone, and it hurts to see such a passionless bunch out there every week. :unsure:

Guest MaloneFM

Old Rog will be renewing as will Redrive, Alfie Greenun, Aggo, Steve and Amy and all those sitting aound us.

Its crap but its OUR crap!

Muller road is that way, failing that JJB is on Bath Road...buy a shirt..call Sky for a Premplus season ticket....BINGO..instant Chelsea supporter!

Old Rog will be renewing as will Redrive, Alfie Greenun, Aggo, Steve and Amy and all those sitting aound us.

Its crap but its OUR crap!

Muller road is that way, failing that JJB is on Bath Road...buy a shirt..call Sky for a Premplus season ticket....BINGO..instant Chelsea supporter!

I really don't understand your argument. Taunton Red and others like him are also PAYING CUSTOMERS and do not have to put up with "OUR crap" if they do not want to. Football is an entertainment business at the end of the day. You are prepared to pay good money to watch crap and good luck to you and your mates, but that does not mean everyone else is duty bound to pay and watch the same crap (and you, your loyal mates, Mr Lansdown and Mr Tinnion may well find out next season that many people will take that view). So why stoop to making childish remarks like telling all these people to go and watch the gas or support Chelsea?

As I have said on the Chairman's forum, the only reason I can think of to renew my season ticket next season is loyalty, nothing else - you cannot tell me that is a healthy state of affairs.

What a fickle lot we City fans are! I always thought that being a

"supporter" meant no matter how badly your team plays that you stick

with them for life. We have all had the good times at the Gate and now that

things are going a little badly everyone is going to desert the lads. You are

not supporters if you do that. Do you sing City til I die at the Gate and away

games? Yeah I bet you do!! No team has the divine right to 3pts every week our

team has to earn it and if things are going badly get behind the team and SUPPORT them. This is one fan who will always be CITY TIL I DIE and yes I will be at Colchester on Saturday. Cmon you reds.

team has to earn it and if things are going badly get behind the team and SUPPORT them. This is one fan who will always be CITY TIL I DIE and yes I will be at Colchester on Saturday. Cmon you reds.

I will no doubt renew my season ticket as well when all is said and done. But the people who decide not to have every much right to take that decision as you or I to take the opposite one. If you are making a 300 mile round trip like some people who support us do then you have every right to expect some entertainment. It stands to reason if the entertainment stops then you are going to question why you make the round trip, perhaps paying in excess of £100 to do so.

More fool you if your willing to applaud and support a bunch of players who have shown they really don't give a hoot about the fans and the quality of football they serve up. Of course i'm "City till i die" and just because i won't turn up and sit in a seat each week doesn't mean i am not?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

If things stay the same and people still buy a season ticket it's like giving a smackhead more money for a fix - You're only encourage more abuse.

Show your displeasure by not buying a new season ticket.

If things stay the same and people still buy a season ticket it's like giving a smackhead more money for a fix - You're only encourage more abuse.

Show your displeasure by not buying a new season ticket.

Thankyou, finally someone seems to agree with me and it's good to hear coming from Wills, who i know is a true supporter who i have witnessed singing and cheering the boys on in drab performances as have the rest of us - NOBODY, including me, is less of a fan if they decide not to buy a season ticket.

I'm afraid to say after many years as a season ticket holder I will not be renewing! I have seen too many false dawns at the gate and this season is the final straw. My season ticket money will be my golf club membership so that will take care of my Sturday and Sunday activities :unsure:

I think the board need to wake up and see that next seasons ticket sales will be poor and to be honest this will be reflected in the next home game as only season ticket holders will show up so a gate of around 9000?

I used to go with a group of 8 loyal supporters but that is now down to 2 and neither of us will be renewing (sad days).

This club is going backwards and reminds me of the days before Scott revived the sinking ship and got some life back into the club.

Why should I give my money to a club that seems to take it for GRANTED that they have my money season upon season.

The season is now over baring a fantastic run in which I can't see, so just 7 games left for me lets just hope it gets better!!

Funnily enough, I had this discussion with Harry May the other day.

This has been the first time in a number of years when I haven't renewed my season ticket. There were a number of reasons for this; new baby and the dire performance that was the play offs being the two most prominent reasons.

My original intention was then to pick and choose my games this season in the belief that I'd attend say 60% of home games along with at least one of my three sons. The first two games I decided to go to were Torquay and Swindon. Entertainment value? 0.

Then, conincidentally with the return of Wiltshire from the Olympics, things seemed to pick up. We chose the Hull and Milton Keynes games. Good choices. Entertainment value? 8 or 9.

Sheff Wed was N1 Jim's stag do. That was a must. Oh well, the cider was effective! Then there was Luton and Peterborough. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

My point? SO far, I've been to seven home games this season. I've got some enjoyment out of two of them (I know we beat Peterborough but god it was tedious). As a father of three with a mortgage to pay and other interests in life, I've got better things to do with my money than sit down at Ashton Gate watching boring tedious crap from a group of players who are only interested in lining their pockets or showing up their manager.

I'm waiting for the younger ones now to question my loyalty. Well, believe it or not, I'm also City til I die. I will never support another club and believe me, if the quality of the football was any better, I'd be there every week, win or not (it isn't the winning - Division one last time? How many games did we win? Five? I was there every week because there was some quality in the football). I would ask you however, would you pay £18 to see a film that you know will be crap? I doubt it.

Scooter Red

Archived