IGNORED

Why Have We Been Poor At Home?

Collis

Could the reason why our home form has been so poor in recent weeks be the fault of the fans?

Sounds stupid, but consider the atmousphere last night. It was horrible. Would any player want to play under those conditions?

Is that why we have done ok in away fixtures? Because the team are under less pressure and don't get cursed at, for every error made?

Consider the last few games we have lost at home, there has been constant shouting, booing etc. I'm not saying the crowd don't have a right to do this because I was equally upset with last nights cock up as anyone else.

But for young players like Bradley Orr and Scott Brown it must be hard because they have only been used to reserve fixures in the previous few seasons.

Could the reason why our home form has been so poor in recent weeks be the fault of the fans?

Sounds stupid, but consider the atmousphere last night.  It was horrible.  Would any player want to play under those conditions? 

Is that why we have done ok in away fixtures? Because the team are under less pressure and don't get cursed at, for every error made?

Consider the last few games we have lost at home, there has been constant shouting, booing etc.  I'm not saying the crowd don't have a right to do this because I was equally upset with last nights cock up as anyone else.

But for young players like Bradley Orr and Scott Brown it must be hard because they have only been used to reserve fixures in the previous few seasons.

The football we play is rubbish. We create no chances, passing going astray, we play high balls into lita and murrey who are both more effective when the ball is played to their feet. At the begining of all home games the crowd is up for it. And the then we kick off and the dross starts. Not much to cheer about. Fair play to those singing the red army chant for around 10 mins though. It helped relive the boredom

Are you having a laugh? The atmosphere at the gate hasnt just declined for no reason. How the h*ll are the fans supposed to keep singing as loud as they can when the team on the pitch seem to be putting in less effort than them!!

It is the manager's fault as he has transformed a vibrant and almost successful club into the wreck we see before us now!

Sounds stupid, but consider the atmousphere last night.  It was horrible.  Would any player want to play under those conditions? 

Consider the last few games we have lost at home, there has been constant shouting, booing etc.  I'm not saying the crowd don't have a right to do this because I was equally upset with last nights cock up as anyone else.

Total crap, Don't forget that in the murky past black players have had to contend with racist chanting from morons and I think you'll find as upsetting as it was for the individuals it never affected their performances, in fact they were real men about it and did'nt hide (like our cowards) they played even better to silence the morons, These guys only kick a bag of wind around for a living (and they don't do that very well) if they were builders for instance who built crap walls that kept falling down, Would you worry about their feelings in your complaints to them.

I was bound to be slated for such a controversial comment. But the players play better with a good atmousphere it has been proven against Tranny, Hull, QPR, Plymuff etc.

I never said that the players should react to a poor atmousphere by playing badly all i'm saying is it can't help them.

I acctually agree with you.

Players won't find it easy playing well in front of a booing crowd.

I was bound to be slated for such a controversial comment.  But the players play better with a good atmousphere it has been proven against Tranny, Hull, QPR, Plymuff etc.

I never said that the players should react to a poor atmousphere by playing badly all i'm saying is it can't help them.

your point is not controversial, Although after Tinnions arse wiping comment and public humilating of several players (which I actually agree with) it is to be expected, Because people now realise they are being sold short by money grabbing, egotistic, under achievers

city fans are booing after half time then at the end of the game. imo its the "fear factor" of playing at home now. Until they get that out of their heads we wont win  another game at the gate this season

Or we get an early goal so all the "booers" are happy. :city:

Have to agree. Is it really only coincidence that our best performances lately have been away from Ashton Gate? Could it be that the boo-boys don't travel? Confidence at home is bound to be low when the team are expecting the kind of abuse they received yesterday.I am as upset as anyone about the situation, but can't see how booing helps. Also feel that the finger of blame is being pointed in the wrong direction. The Board have to take responsibility for it's appointments.

Guest hairyshamrock
city fans are booing after half time then at the end of the game. imo its the "fear factor" of playing at home now. Until they get that out of their heads we wont win  another game at the gate this season

Why are we booing??

Because we go to the gate to be ENTERTAINED, it is our choice to go there in our leisure time and we don't want that drivel - i'd have stayed with my ex if i wanted to be tortured (and not in a fun way).

BUT... it is their JOBS!!!!! SEE THE DIFFERENCE??? They get paid from OUR MONEY to ENTERTAIN us. You see, he who pays the piper calls the tune, as one of 8,000+ season ticket holders who pay that piper, i'd at least like the band to all look lively and like they care!

I would also like to say that i applauded the Walsall team off, along with most of the Atyeo stand did last night as i felt they deserved their point.

It has just struck me that last night reminded me of the reverse of the Anfield not 11 years ago...

Guest exiledred

the fans can make loads of noise or no noise, but at the end of the day the 11 on the picth are payed very good money to play football and at the moment they aren't. that's it.

CTID

Archived