IGNORED

What Are The Wurzels Playing At?

Big Red Rich

Guest BTR_FTG

Apropos Tompo's 'urban myth' thread did anybody else clock Loudmouth Pearce on radio FiveLive last night? The 'highlight' of his Nationwide season? When he heard the result that ensured The Gas were safe from relegation to the Conference. City fan my ar*e.

BTR

FTG

Apropos Tompo's 'urban myth' thread did anybody else clock Loudmouth Pearce on radio FiveLive last night?  The 'highlight' of his Nationwide season? When he heard the result that ensured The Gas were safe from relegation to the Conference. City fan my ar*e.

BTR

FTG

The fact that Pearce was pleased the Gas stayed up does not automatically mean he is not a city fan (he is as much a city fan as all those other thousands of fans who only appear for big games). It just means he is a supporter of West Country sport, which I think most of us on this forum are.

To widen the point it was his view that Rovers staying up helped sport in this area, this is not a view I share myself. Form a selfish point of view I would not mind if Rovers went completely out of business because in the long run it would make City stronger and give us a bigger fan base.

As this is not likely to happen, the thing I do miss is the local derbies and in recent times the 6 points they used to give us!

Take note all those people who think the Wurzels are City through and through. 

Yet another urban myth and just hype I'm afraid.

Wrong,wrong ,wrong,why doesn't that suprise me? Not recorded by the wurzels ,just sounds like them.The wurzels are City boys,you've seen those red and white neckerchiefs.

Guest BTR_FTG

"The fact that Pearce was pleased the Gas stayed up does not automatically mean he is not a city fan "

To quote Wilde, "A man who sees both sides of an argument is a man who sees nothing at all," so in my book prerequisite for being a City fan is possession of a pathological dislike of those North Bristolian nomarks. Allowing The Gas' survival to become the 'highlight' of ones season is, Sir, a station too far.

BTR

FTG

Rubbish, i was pleased to see Rovers safe from relegation, so that makes me not a city fan then does it.

I can't say i have ever had a problem in particular with rovers, since 97 i haven't even considered them as credible rivals, when they only brought 1,500 to ag for the derby.

Everton fans have no problem with Liverpool fans and vice versa, does that mean that they are not fans of their clubs ?

personally Rovers can come 2nd in the premiership for all i care, provided we are first that is all that matters.

Unlike too many i don't give a ###### about Rovers, they are not even in our division, i would be much happier if some people actually started supporting City rather than bitching and singing about rovers then we might get a better atmosphere.

Rubbish, i was pleased to see Rovers safe from relegation, so that makes me not a city fan then does it.

?No, although if you chose this as the highlight of thge season above City's wins against Cardiff and Oldham ( a la JP ) then we may begin to wonder............

'Drink Up Thy Cider' was written by Adge Cutler who was a devout Bristol City FC supporter and a Bristolian folk hero - the like of which we have not seen since his tragic death in 1974.

Careful if you're thinking of drink driving tonight lads - remember that Adge Cutler would probably still be with us now had he not driven his car while drunk on cider :(

In all seriousness, if his death has ever stopped someone else from drink driving then it wasn't in vain.

Have been out, just got in and am now having my first cider of the night as no more driving to do!

(very nice one by the way, Tesco's finest - Family Reserve!)

Archived