IGNORED

Richard Latham

GrahamC

You've got to laugh (or you'd cry), in today's Sunday Independent he says it is "farcical" if anyone calls for Tinnion's head now because it was accepted that this season would be a "learning curve" for him.

So does anyone remember when we (rightly) decided to get rid of a manager who had finished 3rd two seasons running, anyone at the club saying "forget next season, it will be a learning curve for the bloke we're appointing"?

No, me neither, I heard a lot of stuff about hitting the ground running, this season's aim being automatic promotion etc.

Still cheer up everyone, if form picks up we could possibly hold on to our current tenth place, below such giants as Bournemouth, Swindon (and their 5000 crowds) and Luton, who started the season in administration and were made to give two of their best players away on free transfers as a result.

No surprise also to see him give Bell higher marks than Fortune for Friday night's embarrassment, keep those cosy club blinkers on, Richard.

Guest Lennie Godber
You've got to laugh (or you'd cry), in today's Sunday Independent he says it is "farcical" if anyone calls for Tinnion's head now because it was accepted that this season would be a "learning curve" for him.

So does anyone remember when we (rightly) decided to get rid of a manager who had finished 3rd two seasons running, anyone at the club saying "forget next season, it will be a learning curve for the bloke we're appointing"?

No, me neither, I heard a lot of stuff about hitting the ground running, this season's aim being automatic promotion etc.

Still cheer up everyone, if form picks up we could possibly hold on to our current tenth place, below such giants as Bournemouth, Swindon (and their 5000 crowds) and Luton, who started the season in administration and were made to give two of their best players away on free transfers as a result.

No surprise also to see him give Bell higher marks than Fortune for Friday night's embarrassment, keep those cosy club blinkers on, Richard.

Spot on Mate!

Latham being called a jounalist is farcial. Simply, he fails on most counts as a journalist and his opinions are no more valid than yours or mine. If he were a proper journo he would be down there asking serious questions on our behalf. But then why would he? He's never had it so easy. Tinnion and Lansdown just can't keep their gobs shut...., slag a team mate of here, a new stand there etc, etc.

This sort of thinking is rife in this region.... Ged Pitman??? Who told him he was funny or any good?? If he wants to say something funny, why doesn't he clutch his chest and roll over, wheezing 'I'm short of breath' That, I would laugh at.

Whats worrying is that people outside looking in are sniggering at our club. I have good friends that are national sports journalists who rib me endlessly. Fortunately some of them are right proper 'Ammers fans and they are in the same boat. ie Crap play-off final, massive let down and a majority(?) of fans who want manager and chairman gone. Fast.

By the the time something is done at City or even suggested in our drip laden local media the City team will consist only of people who were at Tinnions wedding. Tommy will be swapped for BTs big pal Les Battersby. And expect more heated one to one rows with players, ball boys, corner flags etc straight after Yeovil have coasted to victory at Ashton Gate, in front of three and half thousand season ticket holders.

Somebody, ANYBODY, get all the goons out and please save our football club.

Guest Lennie Godber
Latham has his fingers in "BC World" or whatevers it's called. I'm sure his employer Mr. Lansdown would've called in a favour here.

The propaganda machine is in full swing.

I think hes had more than his fingers in his employer.

I heard a lot of stuff about hitting the ground running, this season's aim being automatic promotion etc.

says sipowicz. And rightly or wrongly, that is why there is so much moaning on this forum and at actual games.

At a guess, the club had budgeted for being in a higher division this year and DW was sacked for ruining the financial plans. If we had been warned the team would be completely rebuilt and new tactics tried then we fans would (possibly) have expected a mid table finish this year knowing it would be beneficial next year. But no as he posted, we were assured that auto promo was this season's aim.

Latham must have been a lifeboat skipper in a preivious life, he NEVER wants to rock the boat!

Every manager we've had here has been better than the one before according to "our Richard".

The comfort zone don't only apply to the players, it seems.

Meanwhile ,someone lend him a handkerchief, there's something nasty on the end of his nose!

Years ago I had a row with Richard Latham. It was when Osman was manager and the football was shocking. I was advocating having him replaced, he strangely was one of the few who believed Osman was doing a good job. Perhaps Latham is being carefull not to upset the manager or board thinking that he might get the good stories.

Well said.

What's the point in someone who's a club employee offering a view?

It was the same when the commercial dept included Phil Tottle!

I reckon if I go on pointing things out, I might get offered a job to shut me up!

The cosying up from the local media makes me sick.

I spoke to Phil Tottle on saturday he was doing radio Bristol for Bridgwater's FA vase game, and what an arrogant B.... he was. :@

Years ago I had a row with Richard Latham. It was when Osman was manager and the football was shocking. I was advocating having him replaced, he strangely was one of the few who believed Osman was doing a good job. Perhaps Latham is being carefull not to upset the manager or board thinking that he might get the good stories.

Yep, Richard Latham is very much a brown nosed journalist.

I have a feeling he was involved in helping organise many of the BT testimonial events?

Certainly wouldn't think he would produce anything to bad about him?

Archived