IGNORED

Next Reason For Dw To Leave!

Tipps

Now that SL has laid to rest the story that DW was commuting back and forth, or even worse, working from home.

What is going to be the next reason to try and get rid of him??

Please don't tell it's going to be playing players out of position!

May be the reason he has played players out of position is because HE has tried it out in TRAINING and the said players seemed to adapt.

I mean, it's not unusual for players to be able to play in a different position :-

Chris Sutton started off as a centre back.

Keith Curle started off as a winger / striker.

Just for 2 examples.

• Admin
Now that SL has laid to rest the story that DW was commuting back and forth, or even worse, working from home.

Please don't tell it's going to be playing players out of position!

May be the reason he has played players out of position is because HE has tried it out in TRAINING and the said players seemed to adapt.

I mean, it's not unusual for players to be able to play in a different position :-

Chris Sutton started off as a centre back.

Keith Curle started off as a winger / striker.

Just for 2 examples.

Chris Roberts started off as a winger......

<br /> Chris Roberts started off as a winger......

Did he really?

I thought Cardiff decided to let Roberts go as it came down to a straight decision between Roberts and Earnshaw............and the rest as they say, is history.

Nearly 4 seasons in charge.

Still in Division 2, and up till 2 weeks ago we were actually placed lower in the league than when he arrived.

Spent over £1m pounds.

Still appears to be tatically inept.

Leaves players out over personal fewds.

'Simon is still a key player in our plans' <- shipped out to Torquay the same week.

DW still has left a lot to be desired in my book, how can anyone say he's doing a fantastic job I'll never know. He's had more money than most managers in this league can dream of, he's got an youth academy that most mangers in this league can dream of, he gets paid more that most managers in this league can dream of.

So lets sum this up, more money, more resources, more players, more fans...

and still in Division 2 after nearly 4 years in the job... he's going great.

Stablility or STAGNENT?

So,

Shall we suggest changing managers AGAIN, giving him a year or so to take a look at what he has to work with, then give him another year or so to get his own players in and then set a target of lets say........3 years to get the club promoted!!

We need the stabability at the club, not to change managers every couple of years or every couple of months as it has been in the past!!

Prime example = Alex Ferguson, 1 game away from getting the sack (apparently), now look what a bit of faith has one for them.

Wilson is obviously happy here and I would rather have that, rather than another Tiny Penis or lets say a Mark McGhee, who think they are better than what they are and jump ship 3 months into a job(s).

So lets open it up a bit further, who would you realistacally say would / could do the job, if heaven forbids, DW was to leave?

As for Clist, he has come back into things, may be DW was looking at the bigger picture of the whole season rather than the next 2 weeks, it has'nt really worked out at the moment for Clist but may be DW feels that he can become the right-sided midfielder we have been looking for? Could it be that thats what they been working on in training :(

The next and, indeed, only reason for Danny Wilson to leave, will be if he fails to get Bristol City promoted yet again.

If there are any fans who think the board will give him another stab at it if he fails this year, following the financial backing he's been given, they are kidding themselves.

<br /> The next and, indeed, only reason for Danny Wilson to leave, will be if he fails to get Bristol City promoted yet again.

If there are any fans who think the board will give him another stab at it if he fails this year, following the financial backing he's been given, they are kidding themselves.

My sentiments exactly - but Wilson will still have two years left of his three year contract.Thats a substancial financial payout for the club if Landsdown decides to sack him if City don't go up this season.

However, I reckon Steve Landsdown will be very reluctant to pay Wilson off for what would essentially be failure.Plus Landsdown won't want to let it be seen that he was wrong to give Wilson the 3 year deal in the firts place.Theres also the re-negociation of several players contracts due in the summer and Wilsons view on who he wants to retain will be vital in the decision making.Any new manager wouldn't know the players at all(unless the appointment came from within the club)and that could be a big factor in Wilson staying at AG.

If City don't make it up this season we can only hope that Wilson would do the right thing and resign.Some hope... :(

I still can't believe that SL ever fell for all that fake footage from the webcam in DW's Chesterfield home made up to look like the training ground, or all the hotel bills for the night before away matches showing DW as one of the BCFC party, or the mannikin Frank Barlow props up against the dugout underneath the AG directors box. Must admit it had me fooled too but eyes were opened ...

... if it hadn't been for those peskey kids Danny surely would have got away with being the first man to get a side promoted without ever leaving his armchair.

What is going to be the next reason to try and get rid of him?

Oh it'll be his choice of necktie, or favourite TV programme, or love of cricket, or the name he gave his goldfish as a boy ... something crucial anyways.

Oh it'll be his choice of necktie, or favourite TV programme, or love of cricket, or the name he gave his goldfish as a boy ... something crucial anyways.

Oh, I thought you said it would be because the squad he has chosen, expensively assembled and coached couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I still can't believe that SL ever fell for all that fake footage from the webcam in DW's Chesterfield home made up to look like the training ground, or all the hotel bills for the night before away matches showing DW as one of the BCFC party, or the mannikin Frank Barlow props up against the dugout underneath the AG directors box. Must admit it had me fooled too but eyes were opened ...

Yes, I think we've all established that you totally missed the point of the thread, without the need for you to underline the fact.

I'm glad you think it's a point worth joking about, though. I only hope your jokes and apologies haven't dried up in May, for a fourth consecutive year.

<br /> Oh, I thought you said it would be because the squad he has chosen, expensively assembled and coached couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Nope, bovine backside is what I said (polite you see) - nearly all the other words are your's.

Nope, bovine backside is what I said (polite you see) - nearly all the other words are your's.

So, you're saying this squad (about which you made the 'bovine backside' remark) hasn't been chosen, expensively assembled and coached by Danny Wilson?

Who then?

Yes, I think we've all established that you totally missed the point of the thread, without the need for you to underline the fact.

Really, I thought your point was to stir up the brown smelly stuff - now that its come back at you we can all see what its like for it to hit the fan!

Don't forget to wish the manager happy birthday for tomorrow and a prosperous new year!

Nearly 4 seasons in charge.

Still in Division 2, and up till 2 weeks ago we were actually placed lower in the league than when he arrived.

Spent over £1m pounds.

Still appears to be tatically inept.

Leaves players out over personal fewds.

'Simon is still a key player in our plans' <- shipped out to Torquay the same week.

DW still has left a lot to be desired in my book, how can anyone say he's doing a fantastic job I'll never know. He's had more money than most managers in this league can dream of, he's got an youth academy that most mangers in this league can dream of, he gets paid more that most managers in this league can dream of.

So lets sum this up, more money, more resources, more players, more fans...

and still in Division 2 after nearly 4 years in the job... he's going great.

Stablility or STAGNENT?

.......those are pretty big hits Tomarse - all factual and correct. :(

This season is our 5th consecutive season in Div 2. I thought Danny Wilson would have got us up in his first season here - good players available, a good mid-season run, an expensive range of strikers to pick from - and Wilson and Co still failed.

I'm just hoping for Wilson to prove us completely wrong in our analysis of him and win that elusive Championship for us come May 2004 B)

<br /> Yes, I know. Which only proves that I was right in my assertion that you missed the point.

I think you're in denial, goodness help us all if you ever do find a big enough stick to swing with! >>> :AngryWip:

Anyways, I can't sit round swapping pleasantries with you all night, don't you know there's a New Year to see in? Have a good one yourself!

Archived