IGNORED

Amankwaah Out For A Year

Spud55

I wonder why it took so long to diagnose...I would have thought that cruciate damage would have obvious.A year seems a long time.Some players are back after 5 -6 months.

Players can recover well from this injury - look at Robert Pires.He's even better now than he was before so at least theres some hope for Amankwaah.

I wonder why it took so long to diagnose...I would have thought that cruciate damage would have obvious.A year seems a long time.Some players are back after 5 -6 months.

It was re-injured in training.

I didn't realise that his contract was up in the summer, however I think that he will be offered a new deal (at least an extra season). Before the neck injury he was fantastic, and since coming back, has looked quite good as well. Unlike some players (no names) he doesn't go down and make the crowd wince, thinking that he's going to leave on a stretcher.

This will now pave the way for a signing of some type for the right hand side. Also within the current squad, there is only one person that would fit straight into that position: Christian Roberts. Ok his crossing is not perfect, but neither was Mr Murrays.

Going back to the injury, it's already been mentioned that Pires has come back from a similar injury (possibly better than before?), and also the likes of Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Roy Keane, Micheal Owen (or is that what he is currently out for?)

It's players like that, that have come back as good as they were before the injury, if not even better than before, that Kevin can look towards and think positively.

On the other hand though, isn't this a similar injury that Jamie Shore (Rovers) went through? Unfortunately he had to retire from the game.

Get well soon Kev.

:(

Christian Roberts. Ok his crossing is not perfect, but neither was Mr Murrays.

only correct to a point Taz, Murray in the later years improved his crossing dramtically, last season he was as a good a crosser as I have seen at the gate in my 15 years of going down there.

SH :sport19: T  :Rage:  :Fume:  :Rage:  :Fume:  :Rage:

Can't wait for your return Kev - In OUR First round of the Fa Cup Next Year, a Third Round Tie against Bristol Rovers!

Rovers in the third round!!? :( :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Hard luck Kevin. It is a great shame as with both injurys you were loking the part and a bight furture awaited. Don't get depressed with all these negative posts. You can come back a more determed player next season in div1.

With Kevin out and Luke missing for a month Danny will nee d to get someone in in the next week.

What a shame, he's proved in the short spells he's had for us that he can be a more than useful player, but he's had more than his fair share of bad luck.

Looking back even further than the car crash there was the leg-injury against Milwall which kept him out for ages.

Still, Tommy Doherty was out for ages with a series of injuries and he's managed to put all that behind him now, so theres hope.

Archived