IGNORED

Danny And Leroy

wookey

Further to the other points made on the web on Leroy and Danny it was clear to everyone that Danny was not going to play him against Bournmouth after his impertinence in scoring two goals.

I suggested, as a joke, that Danny would play Leroy at Right Wing Back and then drop him for the following game; the trick he played with Simon Clist.

Being two goals up there was no reason at all why Leroy could not be given a run out for 20-30 mins against Bournmouth. But Danny was clearly frightened that he might score and then he would be forced to drop either Peacock or Miller both of whom he paid far too much for mediocre Second Division players.

As someone said on Radio Bristol, there seems a lot of spite in Danny Wilson.

I wonder why?

Being two goals up there was no reason at all why Leroy could not be given a run out for 20-30 mins against Bournmouth.  But Danny was clearly frightened that he might score and then he would be forced to drop either Peacock or Miller both of whom he paid far too much for mediocre Second Division players.

As someone said on Radio Bristol, there seems a lot of spite in Danny Wilson.

I wonder why?

I can't see that at all.

In fact I think its nonsense.

Maybe you should read Wilson's explanation on the main site as to why he didn't put Lita on earlier.It makes perfect sense.

Why try and critise Wilson when theres no genuine reason to do so.The bottom line is that City won the game comfortably without Lita.End of story...

• Admin
<br /> I can't see that at all.

In fact I think its nonsense.

Maybe you should read Wilson's explanation on the main site as to why he didn't put Lita on earlier.It makes perfect sense.

Why try and critise Wilson when theres no genuine reason to do so.The bottom line is that City won the game comfortably without Lita.End of story...

Not quite "end of story" as it was a perfect oppurtunity to give the lad some more of that experience thing that Danny says he lacks so that when we find ourselves in a position where we do NEED to bring Leroy on, he isn't quite so "inexperienced".

An oppurtunity missed in my mind (but nevertheless, not a "sackable" one, just one to bear in mind in future :()

Obviously I'm not the person to look at for accurate presumtions on the aspects specific to the club, However, from a general, all sports standpoint, I think Danny may have made the right move. I think had it been 3-0, then surely Leroy deserved every right to have 20 minutes, if not more, however at 2-0; a single goal from bournemouth would change the entire game, and the club, with a goal of automatic promotion, are not sitting in a position when they could gamble with even the slight risk of letting another 2 points slip by...

Dear oh dear..... Give it a rest. :Sleep12:

There was absolutely no need to bring Lita on for anything other than a bit of time wasting at the end. We were two nil up and Wilson was quite right to not chop and change things around. If we were drawing or even losing then this would of been a different matter.

If Leroy had come on with the score 2-0 swaying City's way then got injured you would of been moaning that there was no need to bring him on.

He has left alot to be desired with recent team selections etc... but the poor bloke cant win with some of you!!!

Archived