IGNORED

Getting More Depressed

Roadrunner

The news on the forum about Lee has me nashing my teeth. Anybody who knows anything about football could see Lee was a star for the furture. What do we do, one we don't give him a long run in the first time. He gets injury and ill he plays a few matches. People get on here slagging off, the same at the ground. Instead of getting behind him, giving him encouragement as he is still young and learning his trade. The only hope we see him again is if we gain promotion this year we might come back, or Scotland play at the gate. Well done to all concerned you know who you are.

Guest Champagne Football
The news on the forum about Lee has me nashing my teeth. Anybody who knows anything about football could see Lee was a star for the furture. What do we do, one we don't give him a long run in the first time. He gets injury and ill he plays a few matches. People get on here slagging off, the same at the ground. Instead of getting behind him, giving him encouragement as he is still young and learning his trade. The only hope we see him again is if we gain promotion this year we might come back, or Scotland play at the gate. Well done to all concerned you know who you are.

I am sorry but Brooker is getting the goals too and at this present moment in time I would still have him ahead of Miller in the first eleven in any situation. I'm sure Miller doesn't want to be on the bench again.

I am sorry but Brooker is getting the goals too and at this present moment in time I would still have him ahead of Miller in the first eleven in any situation. I'm sure Miller doesn't want to be on the bench again.

No, but it'll be interesting if Hearts bid values Miller at more than we paid for Brooker.

I'd say, if not, definitely keep him.

No, but it'll be interesting if Hearts bid values Miller at more than we paid for Brooker.

its not always about the players it his service he get from others..they can ovbiously play better football,and there fans don't cry at every little thing

Guest ScottishRed

Well said. I echo your sentiments.

i think everyone seems to forget he did (play) turn out for city an he was slow lazy and crap if he ever actually got the ball !! we think we have problems well let us all be glad were not hearts supporters if miller is there star ..... god help the rest of them !!

Guest ciderob

Look his goals to games ratio for us was rubbish.

There can be no argument about that.

Don't say service, Lita and Brooker are doing just fine thank you.

The fact is he's better suited to the jock league because it's awfull! :@

i think everyone seems to forget he did (play) turn out for city an he was slow lazy and crap if he ever actually got the ball !! we think we have problems well let us all be glad were not hearts supporters if miller is there star ..... god help the rest of them !!

What are you on about hes slow and crap, at the moment he is scoring regulary at a higher standard of football this is because a) he has been given a decent run in the first team and b) there midfied is alot better than ours as they play at higher standar. obviously you know nothing about football as you would relise that he will be better than brooker in the future. You also have to remember that brooker has had alot more experience at this crap level of football but will he be able to make the step up to the first div if we ever get promoted where as miller has proven he can make it at the higher level. It is also plain to see that tinnion dosnt like miller when his blue eyed boy lita is playing and he also finds it hard to drop his so called signings. which have yet to bear any fruit we seem to have gone back 10 years.

Guest Champagne Football

Although calling the Scottish football league awful, ciderob does have a fair point in that Lee Miller started about 35 games, I think it was, last season. I can't recall him standing out in a single one of them. That is why he can't get a game down here when we have got quality players like Heff, Lita and Brooker.

I hate to say it but my memories of Lee were being pushed off the ball too easily and not having enough pace to out sprint defenders. Both of which are essential if you are to play well in this league.

Even if he did come back to us, I can't see him being able to perform the same kind of form that he has done in Scotland. It would be for the best that we try and recoup as much money for him as possible.

nogbad:

Figure I've seen quoted on Hearts forums is £100-130,00 yet another loss coming, if its true, and they appear to know its a steal for them..

Yet another good deal coming fer City, if its true. :@

Guest ciderob
Although calling the Scottish football league awful, ciderob does have a fair point in that Lee Miller started about 35 games, I think it was, last season. I can't recall him standing out in a single one of them. That is why he can't get a game down here when we have got quality players like Heff, Lita and Brooker.

I hate to say it but my memories of Lee were being pushed off the ball too easily and not having enough pace to out sprint defenders. Both of which are essential if you are to play well in this league.

Even if he did come back to us, I can't see him being able to perform the same kind of form that he has done in Scotland. It would be for the best that we try and recoup as much money for him as possible.

Yes i was a bit harsh calling their league poor but it's certainly not as good as some people seem to think!

The goals he is scoring is because the defending seems to be of a worse standard than what he was up against in league 1 hence the lack of goals which as a striker is all that counts.

He gave 100% every game and seemed to be a genuinly nice lad and i'm disappointed for him it did'nt work out.

But at the end of the day i think we've got better strikers at the club. :D

I am becoming increasing sick and tired of these arrogant, narrow minded, head shoved that far up their own arse, English idiots who just completely dismiss the ability of Lee Miller, Hearts FC and Scottish football as a whole.

You need to wake up and stop living in fantasy land.

I only heard of Bristol City because Lee signed with them. Since then I have watched everything that has happened to this club, and went to a few games to watch Lee, but just to gauge the level he was playing at. I have yet to be impressed by the overall level of League 1. I was going to try not be disrespectful to Bristol City, but I don't think many people on here have shown myself, Lee, Hearts and Scottish football any respect at all, so I have came to the conclusion, why bother??

I watched City against Oldham in Lees first season, beat 2-0 at Ashton Gate. Previous to that I had only read the forum, and had read some fans writing that City had played well, etc etc. That day City were truely awful, and Lee wasnt good enough to start?? That started me thinking, how can Lee not run riot at this level?? Plain and simple, he wasnt surrounded with players who were at his level football wise. This league is full of cloggers for defenders, and big burly strikers. Lee isnt that type of player. Maybe coming to Bristol in hindsight now was a mistake, but he felt this was the move for him. Tinnion and Wilson pushed for Lee to sign big time, and I just don't understand why or how they can change their minds so quickly on a player who is learning.

Since Lee has moved here I have slowly watched the backward steps in Bristol City. When I first heard of City, I was told they are a club with massive potential who were not in the league they deserve to be in. Most fans thought they should be playing against the likes of Wigan, Ipswich, Reading etc instead of MK Dons, Chesterfield, Stockport etc. To be honest you havent showed me you should be up against these types of teams. I have seen teams like Plymouth, Hull, Luton etc. overtake City, and quite frankly leave them trailing. Teams who like City have had all the potential to move forward have, and City have been left stagnent. For that reason I cannot believe the level of ridicule Hearts & Scottish football is getting.

Hearts have been the 3rd force in Scotland for a few year now. They have regularly competed in Europe, and this season had some creditable results against some teams who are still in the UEFA cup. They are now playing good football under John Robertson, and looking again to cement their place as Scotlands 3rd power.

Hearts this season have held Rangers at home 0-0 and narrowly lost 3-2 at Ibrox. Now I can say this without any doubt in my mind, City wouldnt hold Rangers 0-0 at Ashton Gate, and they wouldnt score 2 at Ibrox, never mind nearly come away with a draw. While Hearts are producing results like 0-0 at home to Rangers, City are losing 0-1 and 2-3 to Walsall and Chesterfield?? Rangers or Walsall/Chesterfield, no difference really.

There is no point in continually debating this because some fans would never accept Hearts as being better than City. The only way that this arguement will be settled is by a pre-season friendly, and even then I very much doubt that would convince many of the pigheaded forum users. They would probably use the excuse, its only a friendly, doesnt mean a thing etc!!!

Please in future before you slate my friend, and my national game, take your heads out your arses, and stop talking balls!! I think some should look at the state of their own team and game, before quite openly slating another!!!

Rant Over For Now

Totally agree, this is exactly what I remember. It amazes me where

all the people on here have seen this "amazing potential" that he is

supposed to have.

He may well go on to be a good player but i've seen nothing (i saw him

a lot last season) from him to deserve the adulation he receives on this

forum.

Personally, i'm not bothered if he stays or goes. If they offer a big wad for

him, say around £250-£330k, then i'd prefer it if he went.

I am becoming increasing sick and tired of these arrogant, narrow minded, head shoved that far up their own arse, English idiots who just completely dismiss the ability of Lee Miller, Hearts FC and Scottish football as a whole.

I only heard of Bristol City because Lee signed with them. Since then I have watched everything that has happened to this club, and went to a few games to watch Lee, but just to gauge the level he was playing at. I have yet to be impressed by the overall level of League 1. I was going to try not be disrespectful to Bristol City, but I don't think many people on here have shown myself, Lee, Hearts and Scottish football any respect at all, so I have came to the conclusion, why bother??

I watched City against Oldham in Lees first season, beat 2-0 at Ashton Gate. Previous to that I had only read the forum, and had read some fans writing that City had played well, etc etc. That day City were truely awful, and Lee wasnt good enough to start?? That started me thinking, how can Lee not run riot at this level?? Plain and simple, he wasnt surrounded with players who were at his level football wise. This league is full of cloggers for defenders, and big burly strikers. Lee isnt that type of player. Maybe coming to Bristol in hindsight now was a mistake, but he felt this was the move for him. Tinnion and Wilson pushed for Lee to sign big time, and I just don't understand why or how they can change their minds so quickly on a player who is learning.

Since Lee has moved here I have slowly watched the backward steps in Bristol City. When I first heard of City, I was told they are a club with massive potential who were not in the league they deserve to be in. Most fans thought they should be playing against the likes of Wigan, Ipswich, Reading etc instead of MK Dons, Chesterfield, Stockport etc. To be honest you havent showed me you should be up against these types of teams. I have seen teams like Plymouth, Hull, Luton etc. overtake City, and quite frankly leave them trailing. Teams who like City have had all the potential to move forward have, and City have been left stagnent. For that reason I cannot believe the level of ridicule Hearts & Scottish football is getting.

Hearts have been the 3rd force in Scotland for a few year now. They have regularly competed in Europe, and this season had some creditable results against some teams who are still in the UEFA cup. They are now playing good football under John Robertson, and looking again to cement their place as Scotlands 3rd power.

Hearts this season have held Rangers at home 0-0 and narrowly lost 3-2 at Ibrox. Now I can say this without any doubt in my mind, City wouldnt hold Rangers 0-0 at Ashton Gate, and they wouldnt score 2 at Ibrox, never mind nearly come away with a draw. While Hearts are producing results like 0-0 at home to Rangers, City are losing 0-1 and 2-3 to Walsall and Chesterfield?? Rangers or Walsall/Chesterfield, no difference really.

There is no point in continually debating this because some fans would never accept Hearts as being better than City. The only way that this arguement will be settled is by a pre-season friendly, and even then I very much doubt that would convince many of the pigheaded forum users. They would probably use the excuse, its only a friendly, doesnt mean a thing etc!!!

Please in future before you slate my friend, and my national game, take your heads out your arses, and stop talking balls!! I think some should look at the state of their own team and game, before quite openly slating another!!!

Rant Over For Now

Ouch-harsh, and true............Chesterfraud a good team??????Oh well bring on Yeovil :D

In fairness Whitey Tinman and Wonderson are in the main to blame for Lees predicament-neither had a clue how to use his abilities to the best, mind you Leeeeeeeeeeroy aside not many players have been utilised correctly, by the pair of em, so try not to too harsh on City-we have since Lee has been here two of the most stubborn, and tactically inept managers (Last season only, Wilson lovers-BEFORE you start, a good manager prior to then)we've seen here. People will only be convinced of his worth once he bangs goals past the Irish team and Rangers.

Guest ciderob

Rant Over For Now

I'm not being disrespectfull at all.

the scottish game is poor, The major power in Scotland is Celtic a side mainly made out of average journeyman players in the english prem such as Hartson, Sutton, Stubbs etc.

When was th elast time a scottish side set europe alight? and i'm not talking about putting up a brave performance but eventually LOSING!!

And lets not even start on your national side!!!

I'm not sure what it is your trying to say with the players around him not being upto scratch, are you saying if Van Nistlerooy was in our side he'd struggle aswell???

Like someone else has said already, my enduring memory of Lee Miller will be him being shrugged off the ball and struggling for pace.

I wish him all the best with Hearts.

Rant Over For Now

Whitey,

I thought you'd pop up on this posting given the way it was developing!

It's sad , and something that many fans will not want to accept, but pretty well everything you say is spot on.

In defence of City fans, fans of every club view their team through rose coloured glasses i.e. see their team as better that they really are, and we are no different. Also, while City are not the "big" club too many fans tag us as being, their is an expectation among fans that we should and will be playing at a higher standard. What you have experienced is the frustration that has built up over the last 3/4 seasons when we have so close to promotion, and for this scapegoats are required and Leee is at the end of a fairly long list - Danny W, Christian Roberts to name but 2.

It's obvious that Lee is playing with confidence ( he's actually playing, which is a major step forward for him on it's own!)and as a result is showing the form he is capable of. City fan's belittling his acheievement becuase of the standard of SPL football are deluding themselves. We need to put the quality of Division 1 football into prespective before trying to rubbish the quality north of the border!

I always felt that if we had acheived promotion last season the we would see the best of Lee Miller in the Championship. It is perhaps the case that Lee's football is not suited to the hustle and bustle of this division, but he is flourishing with better quality players around him. However, it is completely unfair for fans to criticise Lee's effort or attitude while has has been here. In truth, I've often been surprised that we never heard Lee express his frustration more over this season.

I will be amazed if we ever see Lee in a red shirt again, and our loss will be Hearts' gain. Good luck to him in the future.

End of the day, it comes down to whether we bought him as someone who was either going to make an immediate impact, or as a star for the future.

Last season, he didn't do the business. BUT, if he was bought as a star for the future, surely last season would act as a good learning curve for him.

The fact he is scoring goals regularly for Hearts shows he has the ability and the fact he's playing at a higher level to those in the City first XI shows that, if we ever get out of this poxy division, he should be able to produce the goods in the Championship (ie playing with better players)

All comes down to whether we want to take the cash and run, or hold on to him and hope we get promoted sooner rather than later, so he can show us all what he is capable of.

Ouch-harsh, and true............Chesterfraud a good team??????Oh well bring on Yeovil :D

In fairness Whitey Tinman and Wonderson are in the main to blame for Lees predicament-neither had a clue how to use his abilities to the best, mind you Leeeeeeeeeeroy aside not many players have been utilised correctly, by the pair of em, so try not to too harsh on City-we have since Lee has been here two of the most stubborn, and tactically inept managers (Last season only, Wilson lovers-BEFORE you start, a good manager prior to then)we've seen here. People will only be convinced of his worth once he bangs goals past the Irish team and Rangers.

Bucks,

You know me mate, I wouldnt have posted what I have posted unless I felt it was necessary.

My post on reflection is harsh, but so has been many comments on my national game, and the league my team plays in. And of course degrading the Scottish League ultimately degrades anything Lee achieves in it, and I am not standing for that.

I'm not getting at Bristol City, or their fans who are wise enough to understand my post, I am getting at the narrow minded fans who will answer my post by coming back with more slagging of the scottish game!!

There are poster on here who I apologise to for my comments above, and I know they are intelligent enough to know who they are :laugh:

Whitey, I'm not going to challenge your comments. Some of what you say is true - but quite frankley I couldn't care less whether league 1 is better or worse than the SPL.

BUT... I do say that you seem very shocked by what people say about Lee but if you wanted a true reflection of what City fans thought of Lee Miller, Scottish football etc you should have come on anonymously. Then you would have got what people really thought. :D:city:

Anyway... Lee is clearly all but gone. So good luck to him. :yawn:

Yet another good player who hasnt been given a chance by Tinnion mainly just due to the fact he doesnt like him.

Lee's one of the players in are squad whos good enough to play in The Championship and the fact hes scoring goals for fun in the EPL proves that I think. So its a shame it looks like hes going to leave, cant blame him though I'm sure Hearts will give him better service and they probably have a manager who knows what hes doing

Its been mentioned, but again Lees form relates to styles/types of football. City play the old 3rd division bash and barge football, where a line of big lads with attitude are in defence and knock players around, thats where Mr 14 stone Brooker comes in. Hearts play a slightly quicker passing/crossing style, more skilled, less physical, thats where the 11stone Mr Miller comes in.

Archived