IGNORED

Blind Friday Optimism

Boxing Kangaroo

I know optimism is a 'dirty' word on this forum at the moment but I'm quietly confident that City will get something out of the game tomorrow.

My reasons being -

1) we can't possibly play any worse than last week against Warsaw.

2) we've only lost 1 away game in the last 11 league games away from AG (that was at Hartlepool - who have the best home record in the league). Playing away from home there is less pressure from the fans so the team tend to perform better.

3) Tommy Doc, Danny Coles and Skippy Wilkshire will all be back in the team and all have a point to prove for one reason or another and they should be inspired to play well. Tommy needs to show Tins he's worth keeping hold of. Coles needs to put in a decent performance to show other clubs he's worth buying. Wilkshire can prove to Tins that he's the answer to our left-sided midfield problem and he doesn't need 'resting' again.

Anyone else feeling optimistic or is it just me ??

C'mon you Reds !!

Boxing Kangaroo

I know optimism is a 'dirty' word on this forum at the moment but I'm quietly confident that City will get something out of the game tomorrow.

My reasons being -

1) we can't possibly play any worse than last week against Warsaw

Well maybe but I thought the same after the Chesterfield home game, and we managed to play worse against Walsall!

2) we've only lost 1 away game in the last 11 league games away from AG (that was at Hartlepool - who have the best home record in the league). Playing away from home there is less pressure from the fans so the team tend to perform better.

Good point and we did put in a better performance against Hull - however, I remain to be convinved. We will have a very changed team with possibly some youngsters in who haven't played much first team football.

3) Tommy Doc, Danny Coles and Skippy Wilkshire will all be back in the team and all have a point to prove for one reason or another and they should be inspired to play well. Tommy needs to show Tins he's worth keeping hold of. Coles needs to put in a decent performance to show other clubs he's worth buying. Wilkshire can prove to Tins that he's the answer to our left-sided midfield problem and he doesn't need 'resting' again.

Good point and I would certainly hope Tommy puts in a good performance and shows he has improved his fitness, and that Luke shows just why it is madness to have left out of the squad in recent games.

You may be on your own, not sure I would go as far as optimism?

Guest Goodone
Well maybe but I thought the same after the Chesterfield home game, and we managed to play worse against Walsall!

Good point and we did put in a better performance against Hull - however, I remain to be convinved.  We will have a very changed team with possibly some youngsters in who haven't played much first team football.

Good point and I would certainly hope Tommy puts in a good performance and shows he has improved his fitness, and that Luke shows just why it is madness to have left out of the squad in recent games.

You may be on your own, not sure I would go as far as optimism?

I believe bringing back all 3 players of Coles,Doc & Wilkshire will enhance the team all together and maybe make tinnion realise she should have never left them out!!

I think its all a question of perspective.

City have always been a source of polarized emotions.Great joy to severe angst,sometime in the same week.

This currant period of disapointment is just another trough in the lives of us City fans.

It will pass and either BT or someone else will eventually get out us out of this awfull division and then it will be another season at a higher level where City will probably struggle to survive as they did under Ward last time around.

Its our destiny...to ever be the also rans.

I can't see City ever reaching the very top Divison again.

My reasons being -

1) we can't possibly play any worse than last week against Warsaw.

C'mon you Reds !!

Warsaw? i don't remember making the trip to Poland :D

Seriously though, I still belive we can go up and we need 17 pts from the remainder games.

We STILL can make the play offs, but we MUST win tommorow, just have got to

Archived