IGNORED

Instead Of Selling Lee Miller...

beaverface

Instead of selling Lee Miller....why don't we just get the Hearts manager here at Ashton Gate instead. Problem solved !

In all sincerity, I can't defend the performances of Tinman's team because they have been awful. However I think Tinman has now made his point trying to stamp his authority, but the time has come for him to play his best team.

We all know who the better players are, if Tinman doesn't play them then the next manager will. It's time to decide, does Tinman want to keep his pride or his job?

In all sincerity, I can't defend the performances of Tinman's team because they have been awful. However I think Tinman has now made his point trying to stamp his authority, but the time has come for him to play his best team.

I disagree. The time for him to play his best team has passed.

Now it is time for him to start planning for next season. If he doesn't feel he can rely on Tommy/Danny/himself etc. he needs to identify and install replacements for them now so that the team can be ready to make a flying start next season.

I disagree. The time for him to play his best team has passed.

Now it is time for him to start planning for next season. If he doesn't feel he can rely on Tommy/Danny/himself etc. he needs to identify and install replacements for them now so that the team can be ready to make a flying start next season.

In some respects I do agree, however my point being is if he doesn't play his best team then someone else eventually will and it'll look bad on Tinman.

I'm all sure that we don't want Tinman to be frowned on, because after all he is a top bloke to us all.

In some respects I do agree, however my point being is if he doesn't play his best team then someone else eventually will and it'll look bad on Tinman.

Maybe, but what has that "best team" actually achieved?

Lots of people seem annoyed that Tinnion has begun disassembling Wilson's squad, but that squad was a failure. All it achieved was 2 3rd placed finishes and an LDV final win against weak opposition.

Guest ashtonyate
Maybe, but what has that "best team" actually achieved?

Lots of people seem annoyed that Tinnion has begun disassembling Wilson's squad, but that squad was a failure. All it achieved was 2 3rd placed finishes and an LDV final win against weak opposition.

Also Wilson team was never that good anyway last season they had a lucky winning streak. In the play offs they were lucky to have beating the pool.

In fact when I look back at Wilson time here he was a crap manager.The only good thing he done was bring some stabillity after Pulis went.The fans layed off him given him time to build a side and the side he got together would have come strait down again had we got promoted.

So all this looking at Wilson in rose tinted glasses is rubbish.The squad Tinnion had when he took over was no better than the one Wilson inhered.

Also Wilson team was never that good anyway last season they had a lucky winning streak. In the play offs they were lucky to have beating the pool.

give me the "lucky" winning streak and a guaranteed place in the play offs any day over 10th in the division and poor home form!

give me the "lucky" winning streak and a guaranteed place in the play offs any day over 10th in the division and poor home form!

But that was the absolute best that Wilson's team could achieve - a playoff place if they were lucky!

The way Tinnion talks suggests that he is building a team that can achieve greater things. Whether he succeeds or not is another question, but his intentions are certainly correct, which is an improvement over Wilson in itself.

In fact when I look back at Wilson time here he was a crap manager.The only good thing he done was bring some stabillity after Pulis went.The fans layed off him given him time to build a side and the side he got together would have come strait down again had we got promoted.

So all this looking at Wilson in rose tinted glasses is rubbish.The squad Tinnion had when he took over was no better than the one Wilson inhered.

Sorry mate but that is Total Rubbish :P

With the gretest of respect you need a little bit more than just pure luck to win 11 games on the trot!!!! Sure you need a bit of luck but you also need some decent players and good tactics. So too slate is as 'lucky' i think is BS. In 120 odd years of league football the most theres ever been was 14. Were the previous city team to achieve this 'lucky'??

As for the only good thing he done was bring stability - well that aint no bad thing on his own. After the Clulis Davidson Ward Benny chaos - this club was in serious danger of spiralling downward and totally out of control. So actually that was a bloody big achievement.

He inherited a crap squad - to even say they are as good as this one is bizarre - Wilson inherited a tema of no hoper journeymen on big long contracts and no intention of doing well for the club.

Wilson helped rebuild us after that an left us in a lot healthier position than we were when he arrived. Alright we didnt achieve the ultimate goal he was employed to get and thats why he was sacked - but two 3rd place finishes in a row isnt actually that bad.

Certianly a lot better than what Tinpot is going to achieve this year.

and what pray is this best team Tins refuses to play???

As for Lee M there are probably may reasons he did not succeed with us one of which may be simple home sickness- the return to Scotland has clearly helped him- and from BT's comments would seem LM is not keen to return.

If he wants to return to Scotland then let's get the most we can for him and move on.......

Archived