IGNORED

Lee Miller - The Fee Offered

city1uk

Guest alex1089

i would want at least what we got for him but probably more(350,000k)

Probably accept around 250-350k but knowing city will get around 200,000k.

Would want a at least 10-20% sell on clause!

i would want at least what we got for him but probably more(350,000k)

Probably accept around 250-350k but knowing city will get around 200,000k.

Would want a at least 10-20% sell on clause!

I think City are being very hypocritical in terms of the transfer bids they would except for Lee Miller.

If he hadnt been given the chance to shine at Hearts, and a team had offered 150k or so in the January window, many of you wouldve said ok lets cut our loses and get him off the wage bill!!

But now he is up at Hearts, and scoring a few, it seems people think he is worth the money he came here for, and want to sell him for it!!

don't get me wrong I hope you get as much as you can for Lee, but I just find it amusing, that he was the biggest waste of money ever, now he could be the biggest sale youve made in a few years.

Personally I think you will get you money back, plus a sell on clause and an international appearance bonus.

Congratulations :city:

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I hope we can get what we paid back I still feel we could have done better with him,he is keen to go back to Scotland,but if we can not get our money back get him back down here.

I don't care what people say, we should NOT make a loss on another player.

We paid 325k and i think we should made at LEAST 30% on that.

My sell price to Hearts should be around 485k, all this talk of a 100k is utter nonsence!

I don't want him to go, he is contracted here and unless we get a serious offer OVER 400k we should forget about it :D

Sorry Hearts, This boy is NOT leaving on the cheap, because we know how much you love him :city:

I don't care what people say, we should NOT make a loss on another player.

We paid 325k and i think we should made at LEAST 30% on that.

Dream on! The fact that he didn't do the business for long enough in English lower league football must surely mean you'll be lucky to get what you paid for him.... It'll be great business for you but you don't want to price out a player who blatantly wants a quick exit.

Guest Hampshire Red
Dream on! The fact that he didn't do the business for long enough in English lower league football must surely mean you'll be lucky to get what you paid for him.... It'll be great business for you but you don't want to price out a player who blatantly wants a quick exit.

It worked with Christian Roberts.

Oh....I was not aware that he wanted to leave us that badly :city:

I know what you mean though, before he went on loan we would have accepted 100k for him, now i just hoped we could hold Hearts to ransom a little, ah well.

200k then plus the guy who has all the assists there too! :P

I think City are being very hypocritical in terms of the transfer bids they would except for Lee Miller.

If he hadnt been given the chance to shine at Hearts, and a team had offered 150k or so in the January window, many of you wouldve said ok lets cut our loses and get him off the wage bill!!

But now he is up at Hearts, and scoring a few, it seems people think he is worth the money he came here for, and want to sell him for it!!

don't get me wrong I hope you get as much as you can for Lee, but I just find it amusing, that he was the biggest waste of money ever, now he could be the biggest sale youve made in a few years.

Personally I think you will get you money back, plus a sell on clause and an international appearance bonus.

Congratulations  :city:

It worked with Christian Roberts.

I'm under the impression Roberts was out of contract at the end of the campaign and Tinnion was making what he could for him :city:

In regards to Miller....

£100,000 for the guy just a year and a half after signing for (in League 1 terms) much more than you paid for him would make him probably one on City's biggest flops?

Shame, I feel sorry for all parties to be honest because it started quite well and he was supposed to be your Steve MacLean really but that's football.

The thing is for BCFC fans to be realistic or face more disappointment.

Congratulations  :city:

Whitey, sorry about the posting faff. Lee Miller is a professional football player, earning a fair wage. His employers are BCFC and they gave Lee the opportunity to re-establish himself as a proven goal scorer at Hearts. IF Hearts feel that he his now performing to his obvious potential and IF they match the fee that brought him to Ashton Gate then I feel the club should/may allow him to leave.

What I cannot understand is your veiw that all City fans thought he was a waste of time. I certainly did not, but can you honestly say that he played to his full potential whilst at City? I sincerely hope he has a succesful career, preferably at BCFC. Howeever,be honest and admit that he never fufilled his potential and hefty price tag. :D

If Miller was transfer listed 100k would be his value.

The good thing is though that Hearts want/need him badly.

Knowing this i expect the board to exercise some commercial sence and hold out for a lot more.

Hearts are under some illusion they will pick him up on the cheap, i'm sure this will NOT happen.

I also heard a rumor that there are a number of other SPL clubs looking closely at Miller too, its no dead cert he's going to Hearts ny any means.

City fans talking about Millers value should look at their words carefully. City need cash, we want top money for Miller. Its like a car yard, no different. Repeat after me, Lees a great young prospect, look at his SPL strike rate, 200,000 ? you must be mad, he's worth at least 400,000,

+ add ons + a lifes supply of a top class single malt. Get the drift, Hearts people are reading !

City fans talking about Millers value should look at their words carefully. City need cash, we want top money for Miller. Its like a car yard, no different. Repeat after me, Lees a great young prospect, look at his SPL strike rate, 200,000 ? you must be mad, he's worth at least 400,000,

+ add ons + a lifes supply of a top class single malt. Get the drift, Hearts people are reading !

You make a sound point.

Lee Miller is one of the most talented young prospects in Scotland. If he went for less than half a million I would be most suprised.

Whitey, sorry about the posting faff.  Lee Miller is a professional football player, earning a fair wage.  His employers are BCFC and they gave Lee the opportunity to re-establish himself as a proven goal scorer at Hearts.  IF Hearts feel that he his now performing to his obvious potential and IF they match the fee that brought him to Ashton Gate then I feel the club should/may allow him to leave. 

What I cannot understand is your veiw that all City fans thought he was a waste of time.  I certainly did not, but can you honestly say that he played to his full potential whilst at City?  I sincerely hope he has a succesful career, preferably at BCFC.  Howeever,be honest and admit that he never fufilled his potential and hefty price tag. :city:

I would be mad to say he did play to his full potential because I know he didnt. But the blame doesnt solely lye with the player. He came to Bristol on a personal high, but slowly & surely, both Wilson and Tinnion have managed to drain every last ounce of confidence from a lad who is naturally confident.

Bristol Boy once said, " I don't blame Lee for his price tag " and you cant. In my eyes, Falkirk did what City are doing now, slap a big price on his head, and let some team go for it. But i think if Hearts pay the money City did, they will get there moneys worth and more.

I would like to make this perfectly clear though, Lee isnt up in Scotland bad mouthing Bristol City in anyway. Everytime I have spoke to him, his words were always positive about the fans, club, staff and anything connected to Bristol City. If all this talk of Hearts falls through, he will come back to City for his final year a 100% totally commited player for Bristol City. Please do not ever doubt that.

But what I do not like just now is the users who feel its funny to give Lee credit just to have a laugh and get some money from Hearts. The sarcastic tones of some posts are really annoying, but I guess ill live with them!!

Archived